A Fragile Heart

The Vampire Skool Luv Affair

Suga went back to his parent’s villa and raced back into his room without answering his mother’s question when she asked him about what happened. He didn’t even bother to kick off his shoes and headed straight for his bed that he hadn’t sleep on for weeks.

Thousands of things went through his mind. He didn’t even know whether he was mad or not. All he knew was that he wanted to get away for a while, not forever, but long enough for him to calm down.

He tossed around and stared at the ceiling in which his father had drawn a rose on it. He didn’t know how his father had done it but he was grateful for it, because the rose had always calmed him down no matter what.

Like how the rose represented Belle’s life in the Beauty and the Beast, the rose that his father had drawn on the ceiling represented him, attractive, but dangerous, and most of all, fragile.

“Why am I having this heavy feeling? Where did it come from?”

He questioned himself and grabbed his hair in frustration. He never wanted to show this side of him to Soojin, no, no one. He wanted Soojin to know that he loved her more than anything else, be it soulmate or not, he was already hers. His heart, his mind, everything belonged to her now even if he didn’t want to admit it, he knew this was the truth that he had been running away.

“But Namjoon hyung…how had all of these happened?”

He asked no one in particular and sat up straight, punching the mattress madly. “I’ve got her blood in me now so why does it matter anyway?”

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and thought of how Soojin was probably worrying about him and must be trying to think of a way to find him and cheer him up. All of the sudden, his frustration was gone and the heavy feeling that he was having was slowly fading away.

He knew then that he had found his answer for all of his questions. All of these happened because he cared for her, he loved her, he didn’t want to lose her and so he felt protective over her.  

“Sonny,  you ok?”

Suga’s father knocked on his door and asked.

“I’m ok dad! I’m going back!”

He replied and jumped off his bed. He jumped right off from the balcony in his room and finally headed back to his own villa.

“Love at his age really is troublesome.”

Mrs. Min made a comment after Suga left this house for the second time in her life.

“I’m sure he’ll get used to it soon.” Mr. Min replied and gave his wife a squeeze on her shoulder.

 --

“While waiting for Suga hyung to come back, I think I’ll use this time to explain to you about Taehyung’s grandmother then.”

Hoseok closed the door of Soojin’s room and the both of them sat on the couch that was placed next to the door.

“Oh right, you said you were going to tell me about it.”

Soojin replied and hugged one of the cushions and laid her head on his lap while fidgeting with her own fingers. The thought of Suga running away at the sight of her and Namjoon holding hands was still bothering her.

“I’m sure you didn’t understand about the death of Taehyung’s grandmother at all, right?” Hoseok asked and caressed her hair that spread out on his thighs and pinched her cheek with another hand.

Soojin turned her attention from her fingers to him and nodded.

“Her death was caused by the large amount of Vervain that was accumulated in her body for a long time. Vervain is the only thing that we Vampires are afraid of and would never touch one.”

He explained and smiled apologetically after that.

Soojin immediately sat up straight and put the cushion aside. She turned to him and blinked a few times, trying to understand what he was talking about, but failed nonetheless.

Hoseok laughed and ruffled her hair and pulled her into a hug. “You know what? I think we should just cuddle for now instead of having a story-telling session.”

Soojin pulled away and shook her head. She wanted to know more about this ‘Vervain’ and she wanted to make sure she didn’t carry any of these things with her, just in case.

Hoseok chuckled at her seriousness and ruffled her hair again. “Ok ok.”

“Vervain is a herb that….somehow messes the way Vampire’s nerves work and that’s why we we’re scared of it. Our blood system gets screwed up and we won’t be able to think properly when one intakes vervain too much, whether at a long term, or instant. It doesn’t kill us instantly, but it does. Slowly, and agonisingly. Just the touch of it burns our skin. So, that concludes, someone must’ve mixed some substance that contained Vervain and gave it to Taehyung’s grandmother.”

Hoseok explained and curled a strand of her hair to the back of her ear. He then intertwined their fingers together and gave her hand a squeeze.

Soojin squeezed back his hand and looked up at him. “What’s it like?”

Hoseok blinked and smiled again. “They are beautiful, born in dense spikes and are usually in light shades of purple.”

Soojin’s face fell once Hoseok finished telling her about Vervain. Light shades of purple, Lavender…

Hoseok read her mind and let go of her hand and ruffled her hair again. “Lavender and Vervain are different. Although they resemble each other, Lavender does no effect to us.”

Soojin looked into his eyes for a confirmation and he looked right back at her, staring into her soul like how he did every time, giving her the only confirmation she needed.

“He’s back!” Soojin shot up suddenly and raced downstairs, and Suga was there, standing awkwardly in the living room with his white button up shirt messy and cringed.

“I’m sorry.”

Suga apologised and messed his already messy hair, making it even messier.

Soojin didn’t even hesitate to rush to him and circled her hands around his waist, hugging him tightly.  “Where have you been?”

She asked and leaned on his chest, inhaling the usual scent of mint that she remembered since the first time she had met him. She never told anyone about it and Suga had never mentioned to her, but they both knew this was one of the things that made them have eyes for each other.

“I went back to my parent’s villa for a while…I’m sorry for being such a dickhead, I won’t ever do it again. I promise.”

Suga replied and cupped her face so that she was facing him. “All this while, I’ve been so selfish, I never thought of your feelings, I only cared for myself. I’m sorry. I promise you that won’t ever happen again.”

He leaned in and gave her a small peck on her lips, feeling her warmth spreading across from her lips, to his lips, to his face and eventually, his whole body.

After a while, they broke the kiss and Soojin finally let him go. “Are you…still…mad at Namjoon?”

“No. Not at all. I wasn’t mad at him, I was mad at myself…I guess. I just…I should’ve known that there’s something going on for Namjoon. I mean, he’s my cousin! How could I not know his conditions?”

Suddenly, Namjoon emerged from the kitchen and smiled, rather heartily, at both Suga and Soojin.

“Brothers?”

He asked rather cheekily.

“For life.”

Suga replied and they approached each other and had a brotherly hug.

“Well now, that’s what we call a ‘Happy Ending’.”

Jin appeared out of nowhere and said out of the blue. He walked towards Soojin and gave her a side hug, “That’s great news to all of us, right Soojin?”

Soojin nodded and leaned on his broad shoulder. She smiled at Namjoon and Suga and gave them a thumb up.