On Their Way

The New Composer

The day when they’ll leave South Korea for a few months came and Milan was obviously excited they’ll go to Japan first before the Philippines. Rumour has it EXO will even have two concerts there, arranged by Mr Manager. Milan was already covered with her thick layer of clothing from head to toe and her camera was dangling on her neck.

Weirdly, (or not) she was the first one to get prepared. The boys were kind of still busy packing but at least they’re all dressed up for the short trip. Milan lectured them that they should bring more clothes because it’s a world tour and they can’t just buy underwear when they used them all already.

Sometimes, Milan is more of the umma than the little sister in EXO.

She was in the living room, alone. Not that she didn’t want to, she chose to be alone. She wanted to think about BamBam’s confession and she can’t deny that kiss didn’t feel bad. Actually, she felt nothing. Exactly how she feels when she kisses her sister’s cheeks. Absolutely nothing but why does she feel so stressed out about it?

“Because you lost a friend when he confessed to you before, pabo,” she whispered to herself, hitting her face in the process. How was she going to reject BamBam? Will he stop being her friend? She hopes not. BamBam became the closest friend, aside from Chanyeol, Luhan, Ynna, Mae and Rae, she could have. They usually hang out especially since EXO is busy, Ynna has her debut to settle, Mae has been an artist in a famous magazine plus she might work as an animator soon and Rae was doing her best in her studies.

Milan felt like she actually belongs when BamBam was around. But she was sure she didn’t have any romantic feelings for him. It was impossible. Clearly impossible. She likes someone else after all. After stanning her crush for all these years and finally meeting him, she was not going to get a boyfriend from another company. She actually thought of never having a boyfriend since her stay in Korea was temporary. She’ll only hurt people in the end.

“Aish… Even called a flirt here too. What’s wrong with you, Milan?” She hit her forehead with her hand, frowning to herself while the boys weren’t around. “I thought I could start a new life… and now,” she shook her head in dismay. “I’ve attracted an idol. Dummy, you should’ve rejected being his friend if it’ll end up like this.”

After a solid thirty minutes, the boys went out of the dorm and Milan was already in the van, at the driver’s seat. “Everybody’s here?” Milan asked. “NE!” EXO cheered like elementary school students. It was good Suho and Kris were the ones in the front seats. Milan couldn’t handle it if it were Chanyeol because she might accidentally share what happened and he’ll get so worried or if it were Luhan because that dude knows how to tease someone like there’s no tomorrow. Evil oppa.

“Is it your first time going to Japan, Mil-ah?” Suho asked. Kris was just resting his head on the window and looked like he was filming a music video or a scene from a drama. Milan nodded. “I’m pretty excited. When I was younger, I wanted to study there but weirdly, I ended up here in Korea,” Milan answered, turning the vehicle left.

“Is that so? So you know some Japanese?” Suho asked. Milan rolled her eyes and felt high and mighty. “Of course. Aside from English, Japanese was one of the first foreign languages I studied. Anime and manga are just awesome, ya know,” she scoffed. “So you know your way around Tokyo maybe?” Suho raised an eyebrow. “Sort of. I don’t really have a sense of direction sometimes,” Milan answered shyly. “At least I know the way to Tokyo Tower plus I plan to have a solo trip to Harajuku and Osaka,” she added quickly.

“Isn’t Harajuku where there is unique fashion sense in the people?” Suho asked, not sure how to rephrase his question to not look like he was saying bad things about the place. Milan nodded. “The reason why I want to go there. I like their fashion sense,” she chuckled a bit when she saw Suho’s shocked expression.

The airport as usual for EXO, was packed. Milan had a hard time squeezing through especially since the other members were trying to take care of themselves. Her foot was stepped on a few times, her face hit by either a camera or an elbow but she managed to survive through this. The managers, three went with the world tour, were protecting every member so Milan really had no choice but defend herself.

“Oppa fell!” Milan heard a fan scream and she noticed Kai over the crowd of people. Instead of helping him, they were flocking over Kai and touching him and taking pictures of him. Milan was purely disgusted. “Kai,” Kris offered a hand and Kai took it and pulled himself up. “Thanks, hyung,” he whispered.

Kris assisted Kai in walking towards the waiting room. Milan was still squeezing through though. “YAH. Watch where you’re going, pabo!” A fan screamed at Milan. “M-Mianhe,” Milan whispered. “Where the heck do you think you’re going? Are you EXO’s stalker or something?” Another fan told her. Milan shook her head. “Ah, I’m—“ But she was cut off when Chanyeol pulled her away from the crowd.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked as he dragged her into the waiting room. KyungSoo was already treating Kai’s minor injuries. “I’m… fine,” Milan answered, rubbing her cheeks that were now kind of red because of what happened earlier. “Are you sure?” Chanyeol held her cheeks that made her blush. Luckily, there weren’t any fans around.

“Ne, I’m fine, oppa. Don’t worry,” Milan nodded. “But your face is so red,” Chanyeol pouted. “That’s because fans squished me and I’m wearing these coats. You know the heat affects me plus try being hit a few times. I’m sure you’ve gone through harder,” Milan told him. “Aigooo, I just want to protect you from them. Let me treat you to a can of juice, you want?” Chanyeol said. “Sure, oppa! Buy me some mango juice!” Milan clung to him.

“Calm down. Okay, let’s go. Wear your bonnet so they won’t know you’re a girl,” Chanyeol reminded her. “Ne,” Milan said, covering all the left over hair with her bonnet and going alongside Chanyeol to the vending machine.

“He’s really growing up,” Baekhyun said, teary eyed like he was Chanyeol’s mother. “We’ve raised him well,” Chen hugged Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Aigooo… I wonder what our grandkids would look like,” Baekhyun said. “I’m sure our grandkids will be taller than us,” Chen sulked.

Luhan gazed upon them with sad eyes that Sehun could notice. “Hyung?” Sehun called for his attention. “Ah, bwo? What were you saying, Sehunnie?” Luhan asked, snapping his attention back to his dongsaeng. “You’ve been staring at Mil-ah for a while now. I’m suspecting you have a crush on her,” Sehun narrowed his eyes. “W-Wae? Aniyo, Sehunnie. Impossible,” Luhan shook his head.

“Is that so then? GOOD! I think Chanyeol-hyung has a crush on her too.”