A Day in SMent

The New Composer

Chanyeol came speeding in the room with a plain black shirt, a jacket with gibberish on it and black pants comfortable enough to dance with on. He was also wearing his cap with the word “WOLF” on it. “After that long, you only wore that?” Baekhyun pointed at the tall one’s clothes. Chanyeol only smiled sheepishly. “She won’t spend the whole day with us you know. She’ll be working with Kenzie-noona,” Baekhyun informed him.

“Bwo?” Chanyeol blinked a few times. “It’s alright. Just look good when we go back here and also, you’re such a hopeless person,” Baekhyun sighed. “Hey, EXO, the van’s here! And also, the manager said he’ll let me drive,” Milan said before rushing to the van. The boys looked at each other.

“SHE CAN DRIVE?!”

They all had widened eyes and the scariest ones were KyungSoo’s. “Stop that, it’s creepy,” Baekhyun covered KyungSoo’s eyes which made him laugh. “Mianhe,” he said, closing his eyes and opening them again. “Let’s just go,” Suho stood up and led the group out and they saw Milan checking out the car as if it was a piece of clothing in the mall.

“Comfy,” she purred, turning on the engine. One by one, EXO went in the van and Suho let Luhan sit in the front along with Chanyeol. “This van is so big,” Milan said in an excited tone. “So the company won’t waste any more money for the vans,” Luhan told her. “Is that so?” Milan said, turning the car left.

“Luhan-oppa, what do you want in a girl?” Milan asked, ignoring the chaos from the backseat. “Demure and quiet of course,” Luhan answered. Chanyeol noticed Milan frown for a second as she heard that. “How is the girl you’ve been talking with on the official site?” Milan asked. “Oh, she told me she’s been bullied but she can handle it herself. And she’s also getting better with her Korean and can understand hangul a bit now,” Luhan answered.

Chanyeol was obviously jealous again. It was really obvious. Milan likes Luhan better than all of EXO’s members. And he’s sure Milan preferred Luhan’s company any day. Milan’s eyes were locked on the road but her mind was clearly locked on Luhan. “Well, I’m glad to hear that,” Milan smiled. What Chanyeol was being suspicious about was that smile didn’t seem pained or fake, it was a sincere smile.

When the van stopped by the company, EXO went out one by one and the manager told Milan that he’ll the park the car for her. “Ah, thank you,” Milan bowed her head before running towards the boys. She showed her ID as one of SM’s composers and went in without any problem.

“Do your best, EXO. I’ll be in the recording room if you need me and I’ll be visiting if Kenzie-sunbae will give me a break,” Milan said before dashing off. Chanyeol smiled as he watched Milan running. “At least she won’t be around boys her age,” he muttered before following the other members up towards the practice room.

“Do you think we’ll top the charts with this song though?” Suho asked, being nervous and all. “Of course! We’re talking about EXO here. We’re the kings!” Baekhyun said as he smirked. “Don’t get all cocky, Baekhyun,” Kris told him.  “Phantom will surely be a big hit you know! Mil-ah composed it with Kenzie-noona’s help after all,” Chanyeol said with a smile plastered on his face.

“Phantom… Reminds us of our 2nd comeback right?” Kai said, reminiscing the memories when they were still kind of rookies in the industry. “Yeah, right. Luhan-hyung looked like a girl,” Sehun laughed and Luhan hit his head. “Many fans said I was handsome,” Luhan scoffed. “When Suho-hyung was blonde,” Baekhyun suddenly laughed.

“That was such a hair disaster,” KyungSoo commented, shaking his head. “Luckily, I wasn’t part of it,” he patted his hair. “She was like a phantom in the dark, She appears and leaves her mark,” Chen suddenly found himself singing. “This is way different than the other songs though,” Tao said. “Chanyeol’s rap is badass,” Luhan said. “Yeah, because Chanyeol-hyung is her favourite,” Sehun pouted.

“It’s not like that though,” Chanyeol pouted too. “Stop doing aegyo. You disgust me,” Baekhyun shook his head. “How was it again?

She disappears again and again
 Then reappears, making me run until ten
 What do you expect me to do when I love her so much?
I long for her everything, especially her touch
But she’s not contented isn’t she by only me?
She’s like a phantom in the dark, just a sneaky thief
 But I don’t really care, she’s the only girl
 She’s the only phantom in my life to change my world

Chen rapped. They all clapped. “Who do you think wrote that part though? Kenzie-noona or her?” Suho asked. They all shrugged. “We’re still unsure how she writes,” but then they all looked at Chanyeol. “Who do you think?” Lay asked. “Maybe… It was her after all. Kenzie-noona doesn’t really write like that after all,” Chanyeol said.

“Such a cute girl and she can write those kinds of lyrics,” Sehun said as he smirked.

When they reached the practice room, they immediately started and that was while Milan was trying her best to prove herself to her idol. “You want a ballad in the album?” Milan’s eyes widened as she asked that. Kenzie lightly nodded. “Well, it’s good to have at least one slow song the fans could cry to,” she softly said, tapping the pen on the table.

“But still…” Milan slightly frowned. “Trust me, Milan-ssi. I’ve been doing this for EXO for a while already,” Kenzie said as she wrote the first few notes. “What’s the story in your mind when you hear the word silence?” Kenzie suddenly asked as she stretched her back. “A fresh break up and the partner missing the laughter he or she had with the significant other,” Milan answered. “You’re close to the idea. Regret and sadness,” Kenzie told her.

After a few hours, Kenzie told Milan she can check up on the boys and Milan gladly did so. “I wonder what they’re up to—Oh wait, what if I bump into Taemin-oppa and kyaa,” Milan said as she squealed to herself. “If I did, I might kidnap him,” she almost jumped in happiness.

“Mil-ah?”

Milan almost jumped in shock and turned around. “L-Luhan-oppa!” She reacted, her cheeks burning. “That was cute,” Luhan chuckled. Milan almost died in embarrassment.

“Don’t tell anyone what you saw, got that?”