Unfulfilled Dreams

The New Composer

After two hours, the fans shouted for an encore and they had it. The funny thing about this was Kris didn’t escape the punishment of performing Gee in front of the fans. And so, after EXO said their goodbyes, they went backstage and were welcomed by Milan who was smiling over her laptop. They didn’t bother to ask what she was looking at, except for Luhan who somehow got used to her fangirling.

“What’re you looking at?” Luhan asked, looking over her shoulder. He furrowed his eyebrows when he read the unknown language. “Tagalog?” He asked. “I still communicate over the net using my native tongue, oppa,” she told him, scrolling through her Twitter. “So I’m guessing, compliments?” Luhan asked. Milan nodded. “Occasionally, there are people bashing me because I decided to continue my career in Korea but mostly, KPOP fans are cheering me on, especially of course your fans and the Shawols. People who tell me I’m a traitor to OPM don’t know anything. I’ve been making music for quite a while and well, no one noticed me just because I’m not that pretty and I don’t really know how to read notes that quick,” Milan shared.

“Well, our next concert is in the Philippines right? Want to teach us one of your own songs in Tagalog?” Luhan asked. Milan’s eyes sparkled. “You guys will let me? Chincha?” She beamed. Luhan nodded. “Let’s just ask leader about this but I’m sure he’ll agree,” he said. Milan suddenly hugged Luhan out of happiness. “Yah, oppa, haengbokhae!” She cheered. Luhan chuckled, not minding her arms around him.

Though Chanyeol could really contradict to what was happening. “I wonder what hyung said to have her so happy,” he muttered, holding onto his arm since it was hurting. “Hold still,” Lay scolded him, wrapping a cloth on the younger one’s arm. “The flight is tomorrow after the interview with another music show,” Suho announced. “Music show? Which?” Sehun asked. “Apparently Mnet wants to interview us here,” Suho answered.

“Wake up around 9 AM tomorrow. We have to finish filming the interview before noon,” he added. Everyone nodded. On their way back to the hotel, Milan found herself in Luhan’s company. Chanyeol wanted to pull her back to him but he had no right, right? Baekhyun watched his suffering with amusement.

“Stop, stop, stop, stop, yeah,” Milan sang while in the van. She was even dancing. “Aren’t you tired?” Luhan asked. Milan shook her head. “Of course not, oppa. I didn’t even perform,” she answered with a smile on her face. She was just happy EXO will perform one of her Tagalog songs in the Philippines. “You should sleep. Look, the others are peaceful in their slumber,” she added. Luhan chuckled. “Well, you’re right,” he said.

Luhan leaned on the mirror beside him and closed his eyes. Milan looked at Tao who had his head on her shoulder. “Stop making me love you, aish,” Luhan whispered, quietly enough so Milan didn’t hear him.

Once EXO arrived at the hotel, they all went to bed without changing their clothes and removing their make-up. They were just that tired. Milan decided to spend the night not sleeping and just watching some Japanese animation. She had her dried mangoes with her which she bought in some store they passed by and her stuff toy with her.

But that had a negative effect since it was already 11 when she woke up the next day. EXO were already at their interview and she hasn’t even taken breakfast nor a bath. She hurried as she noticed the time. She had no choice but to wear denim jeans and a shirt with GOT7 on it plus a black jacket. She also wore her rubber shoes and packed her things.

It was around 11:45 when she was done. She rushed towards the airport. She was lucky enough to catch a cab easily. EXO were already swarmed with fans. Chanyeol was frantically looking around, trying to find EXO’s little sister. But with this number of people, he had no possibility of seeing her. She may be taller than most of the fans but she might be crouching through the crowd.

“Found you!” Luhan exclaimed as he pulled Milan from the crowd of people. Chanyeol frowned. “Thanks, oppa,” she smiled at Luhan. “Go to your best friend then. You owe me from rescuing you,” Luhan said as he pushed Milan towards Chanyeol’s direction. “Ne?” Milan said before running off to Chanyeol’s side.

“Slept late?” Chanyeol asked. Milan smiled sheepishly. “Ne,” she nodded. “And you’re acting as a traitor now,” Chanyeol pointed at her shirt. Milan looked down and then chuckled a bit. “What? This was the first KPOP shirt I bought. It’s a miracle it still fits me,” Milan reasoned. Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Yeah, right,” he smirked.

“So we’re going to the Philippines huh,” Chanyeol whispered. “I’m going to try to introduce you guys to my family and friends. They’ve been so worried about the people I hang out with,” Milan declared. “They say EXO is evil. Well, they hate Chinese more than the Korean members and as someone whose bias is Luhan-oppa, I had to deal with them talking me out of liking him back then and self studying Mandarin,” Milan shared. Chanyeol frowned at the mention of Luhan’s name. “Why did you study Korean though?” He asked, anticipating Luhan as an answer again.

“I wanted to be an idol…” Milan gazed dreamily as they walked towards the waiting room. “I honestly wanted to be an idol back then. I wanted to be the rapper of my group and audition in JYP or FNC,” she said with a wistful smile on her face. “What’s stopping you?” Chanyeol asked. “You’re pretty, likeable and you have talent,” he said. Milan shook her head.

“Oppa, I have a lot of things lacking in me. And I’ll be the black hole of my company if I do audition. That’s why it’s better to be SM’s composer and not chase after that dream,” Milan looked up to Chanyeol. “Besides, if I pursued my dream, I won’t be able to spend time with you guys and I wouldn’t even get to work with you since I’ll be in a different company,” she added.

Once they passed security and Chanyeol didn’t see any fan in the premises, he pulled Milan into a hug. “You could chase after your dream if you want. You could leave us and we’ll support you like what we did to Kris-hyung. We’ll support you with every way we can. It’s a big chance we’ll see each other at Music Core or Inkigayo or MCountdown,” he whispered. “Yah, oppa, stop being dramatic. Being your composer and little sister is good enough for me. I never had an older brother figure before and now I have 12 of you guys. I’m more than happy with this,” Milan reassured him.

Luhan was at the security with Sehun waiting for him in the waiting room. He saw the hugs and everything and though he wanted them to stop, he wanted them to end up with each other. “Hyung, do you think Chanyeol-hyung and Mil-ah are dating?” Sehun asked once Luhan was by his side. Luhan shrugged, biting his lower lip.

“They should soon, Sehun-ah,” Luhan took a deep breath. “Sehun-ah, I’ve been hiding something from you.”