Back to Square One

The New Composer

Chanyeol was drawn back about what she said. She looked sincere about it. She wanted to forget his confession. Chanyeol didn’t want to forget his feelings though. She wouldn’t know, right? It’s not bad to lie right? She won’t know he still loves her even after this right? Moving on wasn’t an easy thing to do and Chanyeol didn’t think it was one of his options right now.

“Deal,” he said with pain in his voice. “Great,” Milan said as she smiled at him. With every smile, Milan makes Chanyeol fall harder. Why did she have to be this beautiful in his eyes? But he has to keep his act straight if he wanted to keep her. “Yah, oppa, I have to say something,” Milan said, slightly feeling a tinge of awkwardness.

“Bwo?” He asked.

“Xian talked to me when I came to the airport,” Milan shared. Chanyeol gritted his teeth but Milan seemed not to notice his action. “He wanted to get back together again and he will wait for me in the Philippines,” she continued. “But I told him I don’t want to. He hurt me before and I won’t let the dude do it again or any person for that matter,” she said. Chanyeol sighed in relief. “Just take care of yourself, dongsaeng. Arasseo?” Chanyeol said as he looked at her. “Got it, oppa,” Milan said.

The other members were shocked to see the two patched up when they landed in Indonesia. The two were talking like nothing happened but Baekhyun noticed the pain in Chanyeol’s eyes. Something wasn’t right. Something happened on the plane but he didn’t bother to ask about it. He’ll just know if they decide to tell him.

After settling in the hotel, they went to the venue of their concert to rehearse. Milan was like their sister while they rehearsed. She gave them water, snacks and towels. She was cheering them on while she was crossdressed as a man again because of the fans. She kept her voice low as she cheered. “It would be a pleasant surprise for the fans if you perform a SNSD song though. We don’t know much about Indonesia music after all. Let’s mix it up a bit,” she winked. “In Japan, you performed Matryoshka and the Vocaloid lovers screamed so something from your sunbaenims could add to the effect. How about Mr. Mr?” Milan suggested.

“And Baekhyun-oppa, I’m leaving to you the task of teaching them the steps. Luckily, the concert will be tomorrow so you guys have plenty of time. We left Japan a day earlier after all,” she explained as she looked at Baekhyun. The man nodded as he pulled back his black hair. He kept the look for a while. He liked looking like a man and the fans seemed to love it too.

“And Kris-oppa, don’t run off again, please. Remember you weren’t going to attend EXO the LOST PLANET back then? And EXO was OT11 for the whole Overdose era? Don’t do that again please. I didn’t have the chance to watch you dance a girly song because of that,” Milan scolded. Kris only nodded as he looked down. “Yah, oppa, I really can’t get over what you did years ago. You replaced Luhan-oppa on my bias list back then for all those times. The fans love you. Same goes to every member of EXO. Fans love you so don’t run off, arasseo?” Milan said as she eyed every member.

“Ne, umma,” Chen said before laughing. “Yah, umma, I’m your little sister now off to practice! I’m going to settle an interview for you guys tonight on a magazine,” Milan said before leaving. All of them stared at her figure before she closed the exit. Baekhyun was unconsciously dancing Mr. Mr. already and he was enjoying. Suho was trying to copy him and Lay, and Kai were trying to remember what they can of their seniors’ dance.

“Mr. Mr, narrabwa,” Chanyeol was sloppily singing, making the others laugh. Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Yah, don’t mock SNSD-sunbaenim!” He almost screamed. “Fanboy,” Chen teased. “Ne, so what if I am?” Baekhyun twitched an eyebrow. “What if you mocked SNSD and SHINee in front of Milan and Baekhyun,” Lay absentmindedly said. “Nice idea,” Sehun snickered. “Don’t dare. You’ll be dead and you won’t be able to tour the whole world and meet our fans,” Baekhyun hissed.

“EXO, back to practice!” The manager said as he clapped his hands to call for their attention. “Luhan told me about Milan’s idea. Let’s push it through,” he added. Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun groaned. “Are we going to crossdress?” Luhan asked. “Well, your dongsaeng will decide that,” the manager said as he smirked before starting the music again.

EXO stopped practicing by 8 PM already. They went to eat and Tao asked Kai to text Milan but Kai doesn’t save numbers. “Ask hyung,” Kai said. “Which hyung?” Tao asked. “Any other hyung,” Kai said. “Yah, D.O-hyung, can you text Mil-ah?” Tao turned to the other direction. “Done it,” Luhan raised his hand. “You heard hyung,” KyungSoo said. “She said she’ll be waiting by the restaurant Suho told us about,” Luhan told them.

And what Luhan said was true. They saw the girl still in the same clothes she was wearing when they last saw her. Indonesia was kind of a tropical country but Milan still covered herself. She was more of weird than conservative already. “Annyeong,” she greeted them with a smile. Her phone was on her hand as she slightly waved them.

Tao ran to her and hugged her. “Practice was tiring,” he complained. “Stop being a baby,” Chanyeol said as he pouted. “You’re being a baby yourself, Chanyeol-oppa,” Milan pointed out. “And Tao-oppa has his right to do the aegyo on me. He’s EXO-M’s maknae after all,” she said as she hugged Tao’s waist. The kungfu panda stuck his tongue out to his hyung as if he won the lottery. “Advantages of being the maknae, hyung,” he victoriously said and Chanyeol was left fuming.

“If that’s the case, hug me too, Mil-ah~” Sehun said as he hugged Milan from the other side. “Noona, saranghae~” He said as he smirked at Chanyeol who was frowning. “Okay, maknae~” Milan hugged back as she smirked at Chanyeol also. The trio seemed to know how to piss off Chanyeol. “Don’t you love me more than Sehunnie?” Tao said as he pouted. “No, Mil-ah loves me more,” Sehun said, acting childish. “Yah, guys, I love you both,” Milan said.

“Stop flirting in public, guys,” Baekhyun said with an amused smile on his face. “Look at Mil-ah’s oppa. He’s almost going to blow off his top,” he added with a laugh from the other members. Luhan patted Chanyeol’s shoulder. They understood each other at that moment. “Nice work,” Chen gave a thumbs-up.

When they finally got settled in their seats, they went noisier, especially after they ordered. Milan found herself in the middle of Chanyeol and Luhan and across her was Kai. Maybe it was secretly heaven to her. “After Indonesia, which country will we go to?” Kris suddenly asked. Milan suddenly grinned widely. “Two concerts in the Philippines. I’ve waited for this,” she said before giggling. She can’t help her happiness. She’ll be able to see her family again.

“Two concerts? Isn’t that unfair for the other countries?” Suho raised an eyebrow. “Then confront Mr. Lee about it,” Milan said as she crossed her arms. “We’ll be first having the concert in MSC in NCR then I don’t know where in Batangas we’re going to have the concert. In my opinion though, the concert venues should be in Bulacan then in MOA or Areneta Coliseum or in Solaire,” Milan explained. “I don’t understand a word of what you just said. I just understood MOA,” Lay said.

Milan groaned. “Nevermind then. I’m just super excited to come back home.”