Promise

The New Composer

Luhan was laughing at what he just witnessed. Milan was talking to herself plus planning to kidnap his senior when she has the chance. This was something out of the ordinary. “How can I not tell anyone about what I saw?” Luhan said when he approached the young lady.

“Just shut your trap or you’ll witness hell very soon,” Milan glared at him.

“Don’t worry. Don’t worry. I won’t tell anyone,” Luhan said as he patted the younger one’s head. Milan sighed in relief. “Thank goodness,” she muttered, making Luhan chuckle again. “But that was so cute,” Luhan said as he turned his head to Milan’s blushing face.

“Shut it. Shut up. I was lucky enough it wasn’t Taemin-oppa,” Milan said before puffing her cheeks. “Yes, if you call being caught by another oppa of yours lucky,” Luhan told her. “It is,” Milan said, fastening her strides to go ahead Luhan.

“So why were you out?” Milan asked, not looking at his direction. “Bought some drinks for the guys,” Luhan raised the bag he was holding. It was full of water bottles, many enough for a whole football team but Milan wasn’t sure since she doesn’t know how many a football team is consist of.

“I see, want some help?” Milan asked, still not looking at him. “Oppa can handle this himself,” Luhan told her. Milan lightly nodded and quietly walked.

“So, you asked me my ideal type but what is your ideal type seriously? I am sure it’s different from what you told the others back then,” Luhan said. Milan slightly frowned but answered honestly,” Looks like yours, dancing skills and innocence like Kai-oppa’s, Sehun-oppa’s aegyo and Lay-oppa’s personality as a boyfriend.”

“I see… High standards then but nice one with the looks. I am handsome,” Luhan said before laughing. “Well, there are derp faces,” Milan pointed out. Luhan then put his arm on the back of Milan’s neck. “Just admit I’m handsome,” Luhan told her. “I admit that since you’re one of my biases,” Milan said, pushing Luhan’s arm away.

Unknown by them, Chanyeol was resting his back outside the practice room and he was clearly seeing what was happening. He wiped the sweat from his forehead and when Milan looked his way, he waved a bit. She smiled at him and nodded before escaping Luhan’s touch and running towards him.

“Hey, oppa, how are you?” She asked once she was already in front of him. She was leaning to him, holding on the collar of her top and smiling widely. “Tired obviously,” Chanyeol said before laughing a bit. “So you were with hyung?” He raised one of his eyebrows.

“I happened to bump into her while she was heading here,” Luhan said, smirking at Milan. Milan almost wanted to hit Luhan there but she restrained herself. Chanyeol sort of noticed the atmosphere between these two but didn’t bother to talk about it.

“Anyways, here’s your water, Chanyeol,” Luhan tossed a bottle before going in the practice room. “Hey, do this,” Milan said, pulling out an elastic band from her sleeve and tying Chanyeol’s bangs. “It’s better if your hair doesn’t block your eyesight,” she said, before sitting down next to him.

Chanyeol thanked the heavens for people rarely passing by the corridors. The trainees were located by the bottom floors and EXO was practicing by the fourth floor. Lucky, really lucky, he would say.

“So how is working with Kenzie-noona?” Milan’s eyes sparkled as she heard that question. She had a goofy smile on her face as if she just talked to her crush. “Kenzie-sunbae… Ahh,” She covered her face, still not believing all of this is happening to her. “She’s awesome,” she said.

“And about Phantom…”

“What about it, oppa?”

“Did you write the lyrics?”

Milan paused for a bit before a small smile crept into her lips. “Ye,” she shyly answered. “Didn’t expect that, did you?” She said before chuckling.

“Because all of the lyrics I saw you write so far were either sad or fluffy,” Chanyeol reasoned out. “And Kenzie-noona wrote most of our comeback songs that have that kind of theme,” he added.

“Mr Lee told me to write a song that would continue EXO’s story and so far, not one song really described the girl. Overdose was close though so I used it as a reference and there, Phantom came into existence,” Milan shared.

“Genius,” he complimented before smiling at her. “Ah, thanks. Mr Lee did promise if I were able to write a chart topping song, I could go with you to the World Tour and drop by my family. And he told me he’ll leave me in Europe to pursue my studies in music,” Milan said.

Chanyeol’s smile faded as he heard that.

“Leave you in Europe?” It seemed to choke his voice as he said that. Milan slowly nodded. “Hm, that’s why I tried not to be close to all of you but that’s unavoidable is it?” she had a sad smile on her face. “I am going to distance myself from you twelve. I have to. I have no choice,” she then turned her head to him with such sad eyes that Chanyeol might’ve wanted to hug her.

“Please don’t tell that to the others, especially to the maknaes. They don’t have to know. Just think I’m a normal girl in the crowd when the tour starts. Oppa, please be strong,” she said.

“I have to continue my studies before I formally work here. I am only a 19 year old girl after all. But once I graduate, I’ll work for EXO again. I promise,” Milan said, with her almost glassy eyes.

Chanyeol was speechless. Milan was leaving EXO? And it will be during their tour? He didn’t know what to do. His heart was going through war now. He was shattered. First, BamBam and Luhan happened and now Europe. What does an idol in love do now?

“What? Do you think I’m that weak?” Chanyeol said as he ruffled Milan’s hair. “I won’t cry. I won’t frown and I’ll forget you told me this. No one will know, Mil-ah. I know you’re doing this to help your family after all. You’re such a strong girl. This is why EXO loves you. I know you’ve been carrying this burden ever since you worked with us and you managed to hide all of this,” he kissed her forehead and then pulled her into a hug.

“Hey, Mil-ah, just keep that promise of yours, okay? If you don’t, I won’t forgive you and I’ll hunt you down and force you to be with us again,” Chanyeol joked, trying to keep his tears in. Who knew he could cry like this for a girl he just met months ago?