Best Friend Knows Best

The New Composer

The next day, the members didn’t see Milan in the house. “I wonder where she went to,” Xiumin said as he sipped his coffee. “I asked her earlier and she said she’ll be visiting the reason why she decided to go here,” DO said as he looked at him. “The reason? Is it a guy?” Chanyeol’s head perked up. “Stupid, I am sure it’s a girl. She looks like she likes someone already,” Baekhyun said, being careful with his words. “Wherever she is, I wish she won’t get lost,” Suho sighed.

“What’s the schedule today?” Sehun sleepily said. “We’ve training in the main building today plus the manager is taking us to variety shows and broadcasts to have fans excited for our comeback,” Suho answered. “Busy day again,” Tao sighed. “I sometimes miss the days when we were normal faces in the crowd but seeing fans getting happy because of us makes me forget that,” Chen said as he smiled.

Milan was waiting patiently outside of an apartment. “What’s taking her so long?” She muttered. “It doesn’t take that long to get ready for school,” she added. “Hey, Milan!” A girl with straight black hair waved. She was whiter than Milan, maybe because the company told her to be whiter. “You’re completely covered again? Come in here,” she said as she dragged Milan into the apartment. “It’s freaking cold here in Korea! What do you expect from me?” She reasoned. “You need to lessen that. You’re working with EXO, you can’t look like a beggar with them,” the girl said. “I crossdress, Ynna. I don’t need dressing up,” she reasoned. “You need to. Well, now you’re with a soon-to-be idol and you can’t look like my nanny as we walk through the streets of Seoul,” Ynna said as flames blazed in her eyes.

“I guess I can’t convince you to let me be. Just hand me the clothes you’ll make me wear. We’re practically the same size since you lost some weight because of being a trainee,” Milan sighed. Ynna excitedly pulled Milan towards her room and set out some clothes. “Since you like coats, I have here some combinations so just take your pick. And also, take care of your skin. You look like the emo child or dark child of SM. You may be the dark hole,” Ynna told Milan. “Hey, I am not planning to be an idol. I am fine with being a composer of SM. If this won’t work out, I’ll go back to the Philippines to take care of our family business,” Milan frowned at her. “Whatever, just change your clothes. I’ll apply some make up on your face later on. Then after school, you can watch my training if JYP permits it,” Ynna said. “Ye, ye, unni,” Milan saluted before taking the clothes and going in the comfort room.

“There! You look better! If only your bias sees you now, but which bias?” Ynna smirked. “Shut up. Those oppas won’t notice me and you know I mean business when it comes to EXO,” Milan glared. “You should take me to meet the boys sometimes,” Ynna winked. “All these years, you’ve only had your eyes on that guy. I don’t see anything but cheek bones in him. But I won’t judge you, since it’s impossible for you two to go out,” Milan smirked. “Shut up. That hurts. We will go out, especially once I debut. Even if I’m not a noona,” Ynna said with determination.

“Anyways, let’s go. I don’t want to be late,” Milan said as she dragged Ynna to the door. The day flew by so fast with these two around each other. And now they were walking towards the SM Main Building. “That professor sure was weird,” she laughed. “Are you going to attend the night classes?” Milan asked. “Are you joking? Of course not, I’ve got to prepare my vocal chords. Looks like I’ll be a ballad icon when I debut. Completely opposite from my personality, but meh, that’s show business,” Ynna answered. “I’ll see you tomorrow then. One of EXO’s managers called me up to tell me they have a photoshoot in a nearby building,” Milan said before leaving Ynna towards her continuing journey to her stardom.

Milan walked towards a white building with three floors. When she entered, she showed her ID and told them she’s one of SM’s employees so they let her in. She saw the boys in uniforms. They weren’t first years of XOXO Academy anymore. They were juniors already. They are almost reaching the peak of their stardom before graduating into legends.

“Oh! Mil-ah!” Chanyeol reacted when he saw Milan. Sehun whistled. “Nice outfit,” Xiumin complimented when Milan walked towards them. “Thanks, oppa,” she said as she shyly looked at Xiumin. “What’s the occasion for you to dress up like that?” Kai asked as he tugged his cap. “My best friend and I went out and there, she dressed me up. She says she’s too pretty to be seen with a girl who only wraps coats around her body and voila! I am wearing this thing,” she gestured towards her outfit.

“She knows how to pick clothes. You look awesome,” Lay gave a thumbs-up. “Thanks, really. Did I distract you from your photoshoot? You should all concentrate on your work,” Milan told them. “We don’t think this as work. More of, we call this job we have our play time. We enjoy ourselves in these kinds of photoshoot while fitting in the theme,” Suho said. He was wearing his cap sideways.

“And we’re close to being done! Just one more class photo,” Baekhyun said as he made a peace sign. “Then go. Your manager told me to take you to the Sukira station,” Milan strictly said. They all nodded and went to their proper places. Milan just gazed at them. She was acting like their manager right now. But she was their composer. What is Mr Lee thinking when he assigned her to them? That old man, she hates him sometimes but she tries to understand him.

The boys changed into their casual wear and went in the vans. “I won’t fit there, I’ll just follow you behind,” Milan said. “Here, you can sit here,” Luhan patted his lap. “But oppa, it’ll be awkward and some sasaeng fans might see me,” Milan had a horrified expression on her face. “It’s okay. Come here, your EXO oppas will protect you when you get in trouble with them,” Luhan reassured her. Milan looked at the other members, especially Chanyeol and they all just nodded. “Just follow hyung, he knows what he’s doing,” Sehun said. Milan did as she was told and uncomfortably sat on Luhan’s lap.

“Are you alright there?” Luhan asked her. “Yes, I a—“ The van bounced and made her hit her head. “I am fine,” she continued as she rubbed her head. “Why don’t you just lean on me? Or is it alright if I hug your waist to keep you in place?” Luhan asked her. “I’m fine with this. We, Filipinas, are known for our conservativeness,” Milan told him. “Alright then, if you want that then I won’t force my suggestion to you,” Luhan said as he looked out the window.

“You smell good, Mil,” Sehun who was beside Luhan, sniffed. “Shut up,” Milan muttered. “Show some respect for you oppa, Mil,” Sehun smirked at her. “Ye, ye, Sehun-oppa. I’ll show some respect,” Milan muttered. “Mil is like the baby sister of EXO,” Luhan said before chuckling a bit. “Yes, the new baby of EXO,” Sehun laughed. “Don’t call me that. I’m not used to being the youngest in a group,” Milan growled. “Then get used to it, you have twelve oppas here while you work,” Sehun smirked. “I hate this,” Milan looked up to the roof of the van and then she fit her face.

“Can I do what I suggested now, Mil?” Luhan asked. “Yeah, sure,” Milan muttered. Luhan wrapped his arms around Milan’s waist which made her cuss in her mind. Whose bright idea was it to have her sit on Luhan’s lap? Oh yeah, it was his and she hated it. He had a tight grip in front of her stomach which made her stand still. “Wait, oppa, are you able to breathe?” Milan suddenly asked. “Yes, I am. You sure are light for your height,” Luhan answered. “Thanks,” Milan said, having a victory dance in her head. Her diet sure did work.

Fortunately, the ride soon ended and the members all went out of the van. Sehun assisted Milan in going out. “I didn’t know you were a gentleman, Sehun-oppa,” Milan remarked. “I am flattered, my lady,” he bowed as if teasing Milan. “Stop that,” Milan almost hit Sehun’s arm if Luhan didn’t tell her to step away from the door for him to get out. “Let’s go?” Luhan offered his arm but Milan shook her head. “I’d rather not,” she said. “She’d rather stroll into the broadcast room with me,” Kai said as he pulled Milan’s arm. “Oppa!” She shouted.