Confrontation

The New Composer

Chanyeol thought about what Suho told him. Milan got hurt because of him. Milan never blamed him for all she’s been through. She never even bothered to tell him or any member about it. It hurts him very much. Did Milan not trust him? She acted as if she was fine in front of him. How can he be called her best friend? How can he say she’s the one he loves if he can’t even protect her?

“Yah, Chanyeol,” Luhan called him. “Hm, hyung?” Chanyeol slowly lifted his head. “We have to talk,” Luhan told him, motioning his hands to point at his and Xiumin’s room. “If it’s about Milan, Suho-hyung already warned me,” Chanyeol painfully smiled at the older. “No, this is partially different,” Luhan said in a serious tone. Luhan was rarely like this. Chanyeol knew so he complied to his request.

When the pair entered the room, Xiumin wasn’t there. The oldest member was with the unconscious Milan right now. He likes taking care of her. She reminds him of his little sister. Actually, Milan and Xiumin’s little sister get along pretty well and sometimes mess with Xiumin.

Chanyeol sat on the couch, keeping in mind both Luhan and Xiumin don’t like people sitting or even touching their beds. The only person who survived doing that was Lay since he was EXO’s angel. “Bwoya, hyung?” He asked as he gazed at Luhan who sat on his bed. “I know you love her,” Luhan said. Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

Was it that obvious for even Luhan-hyung to notice it?

“It wasn’t much of a mystery but you care for her very much, right? You want to protect her?” Luhan asked. Chanyeol nodded like a little kid. “The issue here is that I love her too,” Luhan confronted him. Chanyeol’s eyes widened further as if it was possible. “CHINCHA?!” He stood up in shock. “Ne, she’s different and I like it. She treats us as if we’re trash but she knows her limits. She treats us as normal guys and she knows how to take care of every one of us,” Luhan reasoned. “I can agree with that—But hyung, does that mean you’re my rival?” Chanyeol tilted his head.

Luhan chuckled a bit and shook his head. “Don’t worry. I don’t want to compete for her heart and treat it like a prize. And I think you’ll have a better job of taking care of her. But Chanyeol-ah, distance yourself. Milan’s going through a hard time,” he answered. “I guess Suho already told you about the scandals but it’s not just about dating you. Sometimes, the rumours are like she steals our clothes and sells them on eBay and then there’s another one that she is a teenage mother which I can say are all false,” he continued.

“Why didn’t she tell me any of this?” Chanyeol asked. “And why haven’t I heard any of this?” He asked again. “The company tries to keep it as a secret and since most rumours start over Twitter, we don’t know. And also, there’s Weibo. Luckily, she doesn’t have an IG account,” Luhan answered. “And I guess she doesn’t want you to worry. We all know she gets like that. Remember when she came home with short hair and we had to squeeze the truth out of her? That’s that,” he elaborated.

Chanyeol covered his face with his hands and groaned. “I was so dense. How much has she hidden from me…” He muttered. “She’ll tell you if you ask her. I’m sure she’ll tell you everything if you ask except if you ask her if she’s fine. I swear she lied every answer she has for that question,” Luhan told him. “Hyung, why are you telling me all this?” Chanyeol removed his hands and looked at Luhan.

Luhan looked up and smiled wistfully. “I don’t know. Maybe because I’m tired of seeing her crying and hurt? I love her like you do but my feelings will remain unknown by her. I just want her to smile like she did on the first days she worked with us,” he answered. “Hyung, you look like you love her more than I do,” Chanyeol said, obviously worried by the fact Luhan might’ve already stolen Milan’s heart.

“Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. Love can’t be measured, I guess but I won’t compete so don’t worry. Aish, go to her side already. She surely would prefer you more than Chen. You know how much she insults Chen,” Luhan jokingly said, using his head to point at the door. Chanyeol energetically nodded and went out quickly.

Luhan laid flat on his bed and covered his eyes with his arm. “That was such a martyr move, Luhan. But it’s better this way. Chanyeol fits her better than you do…” He whispered to himself before drifting into slumber.

Chanyeol quickly went into Milan’s room and saw Xiumin talking to Chen. Milan was still unconscious but sleeping peacefully. “How is she, hyung?” Chanyeol asked as he approached Xiumin. “She’s fine. She’ll wake up after an hour or so. You do know she has a weak heart. I guess blackouts like this is a normal phenomenon,” Xiumin explained. Chanyeol sighed in relief. “I thought it was something really serious,” he mumbled.

“But her heart might be failing,” Chen nonchalantly said. Chanyeol’s face fell. “Yah, don’t joke like that, pabo!” Xiumin hit Chen’s head. “What?” Chen blinked innocently. “Where’s Baekhyun by the way? He usually stands by Milan’s side,” Chanyeol asked. “Woah, calling her Milan. If she hears you, you’ll get murdered,” Chen said as he slowly clapped his hands. “Answer my question,” Chanyeol hissed. “He said he’s going to pay a visit. I don’t know who he’s going to visit though,” Xiumin said.

Meanwhile…

“So you’re her ex,” Baekhyun remarked as Xian served him a slice of cake. “Oh, you must be Milly’s friend,” Xian said. Baekhyun nodded. “Her most trustworthy and handsome friend,” he complimented himself. Xian only chuckled. “So what is a famous Korean idol doing in a normal café like this and why is he talking to his friend’s ex?” He said as he sat across Baekhyun. “Easy, I want to ask about her,” Baekhyun answered.

“Do you have an interest in her perhaps?” Xian asked. “Bworago?!” Baekhyun suddenly laughed. “I could never like that kind of girl in my life and I have my interest in another person. Moving back to the topic, what do you know about her?” he said. “I know a lot of things. We’ve known each other since we were kids after all. We liked each other back then, even before we went out,” Xian answered with a proud smirk. “Then tell me, what is really the condition of her body?” Baekhyun asked.

Xian bit his lower lip. “I’m not sure if I’m in the place to tell you that,” he said. “God, just tell me! And can you speak in Korean? It’s hard speaking in English!” Baekhyun reacted. Xian shrugged. “I never bothered to study Korean. Writing in Japanese is already hard, we have two alphabets after all,” he reasoned. “Yah, I wonder how that little composer managers,” Baekhyun muttered. “She’s been studying foreign languages even before high school,” Xian informed him.

Baekhyun’s eyebrow arched up. “Oh really? You can tell me that but I’d rather if you tell me about her physical condition,” he said. Xian sighed. He noticed Baekhyun was stubborn. “Doctors aren’t sure but she might’ve inherited her grandmother’s condition. She told me back then she might end up having a whole in her heart or something. She’s sure she’s anemic though,” Xian confessed. “How bad is that?” Baekhyun blinked. “This can cost her life, Baekhyun-san. Now, if you excuse me, I still have work,” Xian stood up and bowed at Baekhyun before leaving him eating his cake.

“Cost her life… Aish, chincha… What else is she hiding from us?” Baekhyun asked himself as he massaged his temples.