Guessing Her Bias

The New Composer

“Joesonghabnida (Sorry),” Baekhyun said as he smiled at her with a peace sign. Milan looked at Chanyeol with worry on her face and he gave her a thumbs-up. “You can manage,” he mouthed at her. “I wish you were right,” she whispered to herself before facing the members again. “I wish to get along with you all and I hope you’ll take care of me. Sorry for my strict behaviour but it is needed for progress to happen and umm…” Chanyeol then stood up and patted Milan’s back to make it straighter. “She’s not a bad girl if you let yourself know her better. She’s cute, like Xiumin-hyung,” He said while smiling at the members.

Baekhyun stood up and went around Milan, making her feel uneasy. “She’s like a female Kai, the dark child,” he said before chuckling. “You take care of us too, okay? Ms Composer,” he said as he put his arm on the back of Milan’s neck. She nodded slowly and said,” I will, oppa. Though you can all take care of yourselves." Suho, as the leader, followed Baekhyun’s example and shook Milan’s hand. “Try to open up to the members once in a while, APL. We need you as much as you need us,” he said.

“Call me Mil for now. It’s a uni name anyways, no one would know I’m female. And um, your stalkers outside are so enthusiastic,” Milan pointed out. “Yes, we know,” Luhan nodded. “So you’re officially part of the EXO family. Welcome,” Tao hugged her from behind. “Thanks for welcoming me. Anyways, this song writing made me hungry. What’s dinner?” Milan asked. “We hoped for you to cook some of the cuisine from your country,” Sehun said as he looked at her. “What? Me cook? Seriously? I’m not much of a cook but at least I’m better than my best friend. Anyways, I can’t cook. Really. That’s why I’m trying to get used to Korean food,” Milan said as she motioned as if pushing away the thought of her cooking.

“Then let’s have hanwoo tonight~!” Baekhyun suggested. “I second that motion,” Kris raised his hand. “I’ll start cooking then,” DO quietly went out of the room. “Want to check out our rooms?” Kai offered. “No, I prefer not to. I’d rather connect to your wi-fi and just surf the net,” Milan said as she slowly stepped further from Kai. “I’m still an internet addict no matter where I am,” she added. Baekhyun then, having his arm on Milan, had her walk outside with him. “We’re going to have some online bonding! Don’t be jealous Chanyeol,” he winked at Chanyeol before going out.

Chanyeol tilted his head, as if clueless of what Baekhyun just said. “Chanyeol, I think the members may ship you with Mil because of what happened just moments ago,” Xiumin said as he walked by the younger one’s side. “But hyung, Mil and I were just talking. I don’t see the point,” Chanyeol said. “You really can’t deal with girls much. Anyways, I’ll be following them to see what the fans on Tumblr are doing,” Xiumin said before exiting the room.

“So, Mil, who’s your bias?” Baekhyun whispered into Milan’s ear which made her squirm. “Why do you want to know?” Milan looked away with a frown on her face. “Maybe I can set you up with him,” Baekhyun answered. “Idols are not allowed to fall in love. That’s what I believed ever since I was a high school student because of some animation I watched. And if I was dating one of the members, a lot of fans will be mad,” she said with a sad tone in her voice. “This is something professional, Baek-oppa. Please don’t apply personal lives in this relationship between me and your group,” she told him. “Alright then. But answer my question,” Baekhyun insisted. “Well… It’s…”

“Nihao, Mil,” Luhan greeted as he passed by. “Nihao, oppa. Woah, I’ve combined two languages in a sentence again,” Milan face palmed herself. “I used to only do this for Tagalog and English and also English and Japanese and now I’m combining Korean and Mandarin. What is wrong with me?” She muttered to herself. “So what are you guys up to?” Luhan asked as he walked with them. “To the living room, you know, surf the net and check out what’s happening on the net,” Baekhyun answered. “Good, I want to check out that girl that kept on sending me messages on our website. Mil, can you help me with her? She only speaks English and Kris is not around to help me,” Luhan pleaded Milan, with his aegyo on.

“Sheesh, alright, oppa. I’ve got no choice, have I?” Milan put her hands on her waist. “Xie xie!” Luhan said as he smiled. Milan almost smiled when he did but she kept the cheer of it to herself since Baekhyun might think Luhan was her bias, which she thinks he isn’t. “So who’s the girl?” Milan asked. “She calls herself angyeong (glasses) and I think she’s a nice girl,” Luhan said. “She never hesitates on telling me about her day and telling me how her school was. The last time I checked, she took entrance exams for her dream university,” he added.

Milan almost choked on what he said. “What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked, being suspicious of Milan’s reaction. “Nothing, oppa,” Milan shook her head. “My throat just went dry but it’s fine now. Anyways, what kind of girl is that angyeong, Luhan-oppa?” she looked at him with a not obvious forced smile. “She’s kind and strong. She always tells me to keep fighting and climbing towards to the top with EXO. The other members know her as well, she sends messages to Kai sometimes and Chanyeol too,” Luhan answered. “Strong?” “She’s been through bullying for a while and wanted to do suicide but at least she changed her mind before doing that. She participated in the butterfly project, so she calls, from her fandom,” Luhan explained.

“It feels like you prefer talking to Luhan-hyung than with me, Mil,” Baekhyun frowned drastically as he said those words. “Maybe I do, Luhan-oppa is better to talk to than you after all,” Milan stuck out her tongue. Luhan chuckled at the younger kids as he watched them. “You should be grateful than I am talking to you. Other girls beg for my attention.” “I don’t need your attention, I just need your cooperation, oppa.” “I know I am your bias, Mil~” Baekhyun teased. “As if that will happen. And my senpai likes you; why would I interfere a love story close to happening?” Milan smirked. “A love story close to happening? Nice comeback with that, but I am not going to have a girlfriend soon,” Baekhyun scoffed. “Let’s just see once you two meet,” Milan purred.

“Anyways, we’re here,” Luhan said to stop the bickering between the two. “Finally,” Milan slumped into the couch. She put out her phone and logged into her accounts. “This, this,” Luhan showed her the message. She was a fast reader so she quickly got over the message and told him what it means in Mandarin. “She did pass her exams but she preferred being a foreign exchange student. She hopes for you to cheer her on so she could do her best. She went to another country with three of her friends and she’s now studying in a university. She didn’t say what country sadly but that’s all she said in the letter,” she explained. “Oh, I’ll just wish her luck then. I wonder what country she’s in. I hope she’s in South Korea,” Luhan smiled to himself. “I will love to meet her after all of these years of talking to her. I am sure she’s very beautiful,” he added.

Milan only sighed. “I hope so too. You might go out with her if you met with her,” she smiled at him. “Do I hear hurt in her voice?” Baekhyun muttered to himself. “So she likes hyung,” he whispered as he gazed at the two. “This might get interesting as it goes along and it’s only been a day,” he said as he went back to checking some pictures his fans caught of him. “I look good.”