Cruel Company

The New Composer

“Mil-ah, I really like you, more of love you and I want you to be my girlfriend. I know you don’t want any relationship but I’ll do my best if you let me,” Chanyeol kept his eyes shut, feeling nervous. “So, what do you think?” When Chanyeol opened his eyes, he automatically frowned. He saw Milan singing and doing the hand movements of a SHINee song. He then noticed the earphones she was wearing.

She didn’t hear his confession.

Oh darn it.

“Is this a sign I shouldn’t confess?” Chanyeol muttered. Baekhyun and Luhan returned shortly after and Baekhyun automatically went to his best friend’s side. “How did it go?” he asked. Chanyeol shook his head. “She didn’t hear it. She was even dancing and singing,” Chanyeol answered. “Yah, it’s fine. You’ll have the chance soon,” Baekhyun reassured him.

Behind them were Luhan and Milan. Luhan had his arm on Milan’s shoulder and Milan was aggressively dancing to SHINee’s “Sherlock”. She was trying to keep him away from her since she doesn’t like all that contact plus if fans saw them, she’ll be sacrificed to the devil. “So how’s your day, Mil-ah?” Luhan pulled one earphone out of Milan’s ear. “Good. We visited Tokyo Tower after all. The bad thing is that I saw my ex but that won’t ruin my day,” Milan purred.

Chanyeol turned his head and just frowned at the sight. “If you don’t like it, do something about it then,” Baekhyun told him. Milan’s phone suddenly rang to Chanyeol’s relief and Luhan let go of her. She answered the phone and heard one of her close friends shouting.

“YAH. MILAN. WHAT DID I JUST SEE IN THE RAMEN SHOP?!”

Mae shouted over the phone. Milan cringed at the memory and shouted back,” YAH. DON’T MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT. HE WAS THE ONE THAT DID IT. CONTROL YOUR HUSBAND.” Mae calmed down a bit so Milan had the chance to ask her,” Wait, how did you know? It’s impossible for fans to know where we are.” “When you go down, look at the tree with a normal looking girl looking through her phone,” Mae advised her.

Did Mae just follow them to Japan?

When they went down the tower, Milan looked around and saw the tree Mae talked about. “Chotto,” Milan accidentally spoke in Japanese and then went to the tree. Luhan, Baekhyun and Chanyeol furrowed their eyebrows.

“THE HECK,” Milan’s wrist was suddenly pulled by Mae to make her sit down beside her. “What are you doing here?” Milan asked. “Well, I have to watch my Baekkie, and I know Rae and Ynna would want pictures of their husbands,” Mae said, making Milan roll her eyes. “Anyways, why did Baekkie say that to you?” Mae asked. Milan shrugged. Mae thought about it for a bit then nodded. “Okay then. By the way, be careful okay? SMent will scold you if you do one thing wrong,” Mae warned her.

SLAP.

Milan held her cheek as she stared at Kim Youngmin, supposedly SMent’s CEO. “Haven’t I warned you before?” He shouted at her. She flinched with the volume of his voice. “I let you live with EXO, I let you communicate with them like you are a part of their family but I told you to remember your place!” He added, anger all over his voice. Milan sniffed and nodded slowly. “Ne, Mr Kim,” she whispered.

“You’re lucky you’re a girl,” Youngmin said. “You must’ve known what EXO has been through. If you don’t straighten up your act soon, they’ll be in trouble too,” he wagged his finger. Milan widened her eyes and tears were already streaming out. “Please no… Don’t let them in this mess. I’ve been trying to keep this a secret,” Milan whimpered. “Then don’t get yourself in those scandals again! I even wonder why that old man took you in his care!” Youngmin groaned.

“Milan?” Mae called for her attention. “Milan!” She shouted. “Um, er, what?” Milan looked at her. “Why are you crying?” Mae asked. Milan touched her cheeks. “Oh I am? Mianhe. Anyways, I have to return to the boys,” Milan stood up and bowed before running towards the boys, wiping the tears from her face.

“Don’t tell me SMent already…”

“She seriously followed EXO all the way here?” Baekhyun laughed. “Yah, because she’s one of those fansite noonas,” Milan said. Chanyeol felt like Milan’s mood changed after talking to Mae. What did Mae say? What happened? Did she remember a bad memory or did something happen in Korea that concerns her?

“Hey, Chanyeol-oppa, you’ll never fall for me right?” Milan suddenly asked when Luhan and Baekhyun left to buy some cotton candy. “E-Eh?” Chanyeol blinked a few times. Milan shook her head with a pained smile. “Nothing, nothing. Just nonsense in my head. Idols are never meant to fall in love with a normal person anyway,” she said. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. “Did something happen?” He asked.

Milan smiled a bit at him before she collapsed on the spot.

When Luhan and Baekhyun went back, they helped Chanyeol carry her back to the hotel. Chen and Xiumin mainly took care of her. “Hey, Chanyeol, I thought about telling you this,” Suho said when he brought Chanyeol out of the room. “What, hyung?” Chanyeol asked. “Since you’re her best friend, I thought it would be best to tell you about it. There were dating scandals all over the net about Milan and you and SMent cleared it out. If Milan doesn’t distance herself from you or any other member, she might get fired. She was already confronted multiple times before and was slapped and kicked already. Milan is a sensitive person, we know that already but she knows how to pretend in front of us. I just hope you know your place, Chanyeol,” Suho told him.

“I know you love her but if you want her safe, stay away from her. It’s for the better.”