The Coffee Girl and the Ballad Singer

The New Composer

“But I have a shift for all those days!” Rae told Ynna who was pestering her to go to the Philippines. “But EXO has a concert there and there’s a chance ChenChen would pull another fangirl for the Pull Me In song! Darn it with Milan making y songs!” Ynna whined. “And who cares again?” Rae crossed her arms as she raised an eyebrow. “I care! And you should too! You know Xiumin might be swept by another Filipina beauty,” Ynna pouted.

Rae didn’t know how Ynna convinced her to come back to her home country. Sure, Rae missed her family and friends and her mother tongue but she had to study hard in Korea. It was her choice to go with her friends there and she has to be successful and prove herself. She could’ve stayed in the Philippines but no, she didn’t want to be left alone.

When it was their last year in high school, they were all 18 by that time, except for Ynna who was a year younger than all of them. Milan was called to the Korean Convention Center and she was excused from her classes. When she got back on Monday, the school announced Milan was going to be a composer for SM after she graduates and she’ll get a scholarship from them.

SM soon held auditions in the Philippines and Ynna tried auditioning since Rae and Milan pestered her to do that and she passed as a trainee. Because Milan was in the same company, Soo Man decided to give Ynna a scholarship and free Korean lessons. While Mae was already known because of her art and animation, she easily bagged a job in Korea. Milan helped Mae and Ynna in their Korean.

What about Rae? She was caught into the thought of maybe she can start a new life in Korea with her friends. It was hard finding a part time job but she did in a café. She also studied in the same school as Milan and Ynna. Milan was supposed to be in a different school but the SM staff forced her to study where artists usually do.

Now, Rae was with Ynna in their old high school. She remembered every silly thing they did there. She first met Milan when they were freshmen and because of her, she met the other two they hang out with. Because of Mae, Ynna, Rae and Milan learned about EXO and learned to love them quickly. Rae’s favourite being Xiumin.

But she can’t say that out loud. She wasn’t good at expressing her feelings. She was kind of shy. “All done here,” Ynna smirked. “What did you do?” Rae narrowed her eyes, being suspicious of her companion. Ynna shook her head. “It’s a surprise. We’ll be returning here tomorrow,” she said with a teasing smile on her face.

Rae knew Ynna was going to do something that’ll involve EXO in the Philippines. And if Xiumin sees her, all of Milan’s efforts to hide their friendship failed. It may be silly but Rae was the one who decided to hide their friendship. She wanted to live like a normal person, out of the spotlight unlike her friends. She was there to pull them back to the ground when their heads are in the sky.

“Aren’t you an SM trainee?” A student suddenly spotted Ynna. She sheepishly smiled, nodded quickly and took a grip of Rae’s wrist. “Let’s get away from here. My debut as a part of SM The Ballad is getting leaked and I guess we have to disappear,” she said before running. Rae had trouble keeping up with her steps but at least she didn’t trip.

Like what happened one day at the café in Korea. She accidentally spilled coffee all over Xiumin and Mae was there to about it. No one knows how embarrassed Rae felt. Mae even said “You just wanted him to change his shirt in front of you.” No, Rae wasn’t that kind of person. She was just really clumsy. She keeps on tripping and bumping into people. Milan says it’s cute but that girl thinks weirdly.

“Let’s drop by Milan’s house. I think EXO’s there,” Ynna said as she entered the car. Her manager was at the wheel. “Thanks for accompanying me, oppa,” she smiled. “I had no choice. You might get in trouble if I leave you alone,” the manager frowned. Rae chuckled. “Let’s go to a friend’s place, oppa. We have to visit her and her pets,” Ynna smirked.

After a few minutes, both of the girls were outside a beautiful but simple home. It has been the same all these years. Ynna rang the doorbell and waited for a couple of minutes. “You can go around this place, oppa. I’ll text you later,” Ynna told him. “Keep safe. And don’t leave this place, arasseo? I’m going to ask APL if she did see you,” the manager said before leaving, keeping in mind the fact Milan was responsible with her job.

Soon, Milan was by the door with her eyes widened. “WHAT THE—WHAT ARE YOU—“ She almost shouted. She ran towards the gate and narrowed her eyes at both of her friends. “I thought you two were in Korea. I thought only Mae could follow EXO around. Don’t tell me you’re fansite noonadeul now,” Milan said. Rae shook her head. “I know I own a fan account but I will never stalk those kids around. Ynna is possibly doing that though,” she said to defend herself.

Ynna stomped her feet. “HEY! I can’t stalk. I am horrible at it,” she frowned. “Where’s Mae, by the way?” Milan asked. “Something about bonding with her family. I did that earlier though and my namdongsaeng is still annoying,” Ynna answered. “My brother is still cute though,” Rae shared. “Where’s your sister?” Ynna asked. “Bakery,” Milan answered.

“YAH!” The three girls heard one of the members scream. The girls looked at each other before Milan quickly opened the gate and rushed back to the house. Ynna followed her behind and Rae closed the gate before calmly walking inside of the house.

Nothing changed in the interior design, well, aside from the fact there were 12 Korean men in the room. On the long couch, there sat the beagle line and DO. On the individual chairs were Luhan and Kris. The others were just sitting on the floor or in the dining room connected to the living room. Tao was glaring at Baekhyun.

“What happened while I was gone?” Milan narrowed her eyes. “Nothing, nothing,” Baekhyun shook his head. Milan looked over at Tao. “Oppa?” She said. “Baekhyun-hyung kept on copying my accent!” Tao whined. “Oppa,” Milan glared at Baekhyun. “What? It’s fun!” Baekhyun told her. Milan rolled her eyes. “Childish, really,” Rae shook her head.

Then she noticed Xiumin staring at her. “Mwo?” She said as she turned to him. “I didn’t know you and Milan were friends,” Xiumin said. That’s when Rae remembered she was supposed to just stay outside. Darn it for her poor memory sometimes. “High school friends, yeah, that’s what we are,” Ynna said as she smiled. “Hey, we started when we were in elementary!” Milan snapped.

“A regret of my life,” Ynna shook her head. “Ah! Chen-oppa!” She suddenly smiled widely and ran towards her bias. The two proceeded to chat. Milan rolled her eyes. “Really flirty,” Milan said. “At least she doesn’t have a poster of a certain someone,” Sehun said. “Shush!” Milan glared at the maknae. “You should see her phone. It has a lot of pictures of—“ Rae was cut off when Milan covered .

“Enough, woman,” she whispered into her friend’s ear.