In Tokyo

The New Composer

“Let’s play a game while we’re here,” Sehun suggested when he got comfy on his seat. “And what kind of game?” Luhan asked. “Since we kept asking Mil-ah about herself, let’s ask her what she thinks and also if she knows some things about us,” Sehun answered. “Of course she knows about us! She’s been living around us for so long already,” Baekhyun said.

“Aniyo, hyung. Let’s just see. Also some opinions from her as a fan,” Sehun said. “So we can improve right?” Suho said. Sehun nodded. “Alright, alright but wait,” Kris said. “She’s asleep,” Chanyeol whispered. “Already? Wake up sleeping beauty, hyung!” Sehun pestered. “But she’s scary when she just woke up—“ Luhan said. Suho nodded in agreement. These two, along with Chanyeol, were always assigned to wake Milan up.

“Then I’ll do it,” Sehun raised his hand then he added,” Taemin-sunbae is here!” Milan bolted up from her sleep. “What? Bwo? Nani? Ano? Taemin-oppa?” She reacted. The boys laughed at the sudden outburst. She suddenly spoke in different languages. “He’s not really here,” Chanyeol told her. Milan pouted. “Aw,” she said.

Sehun then apologized and explained to her the game he had in mind which she agreed to. “So what was your first impression on every member before you even met us? Surely, you saw us before,” Sehun asked.

“Xiumin-oppa was cute and quiet, very soft spoken but I’d never really think he’d be this cool. Luhan-oppa, I didn’t like him that much at first. He looked like the maknae to me and he was really cute, too cute to be my bias especially at the first episode of EXO’s ST. But I started actually stanning him when episode 9 came because he looked manly, pulling off that long high note. And also when you were dancing Growl there. Kris-oppa looked cool and like a shoujo anime character at first but then I saw his weirdness,” Milan said, going on her explanation. Suho was called ugly and kind of pitiful, Milan apologized for that. Lay was called adorable, as in the most adorable member because of what she watched on Weekly Idol. Baekhyun was said to be amusing and really funny and also sassy. Chanyeol was said to be creepy because of his smile but she admits his voice was fruit for a fangirl’s soul. Chen was said to be ugly, too ugly for her taste honestly at first and she complained how annoying it was to have her best friend aka Ynna wave a picture of Jongdae in her face and blabber how handsome and awesome he is, making the boys laugh. KyungSoo was called Mr Squishy and have awesome reaction pictures. Tao was said to look scary but actually is pretty cute on Weekly Idol.

“Kai-oppa… The reason why I even checked out EXO. I only liked him because he looks like my ultimate bias plus he’s Taemin-oppa’s best friend. I liked him better when I actually watched him dance, 2nd ver of Growl is the best and it let me see the hot side of him and then there’s Jong-in which for the fans, is the cute and shy side of Kai-oppa,” Milan explained. Chanyeol couldn’t agree more but why did Kai get a very long explanation? He slightly pouted and Baekhyun chuckled a bit as he saw that.

“What about me?” Sehun asked as he blinked his eyes. “My first impression of you is that you were a player. You pretty much looked like one but then I see your aegyo and darn, that’s some aegyo game,” Milan said and how she said it made them laugh more. Soon enough, the boys decided to let Milan go to sleep again and they decided to do that too, except for BaekYeol who were chatting away on their trip.

When they landed in Japan, EXO headed to where the concert will be happening while Milan went with the other staff to bring their belongings to the hotel. “You’re going to decide which member sleeps with who but any pair you pick would likely end up in another room,” the manager said, making Milan laugh. “Is that so? Then I’ll do my best in picking the roommates that’ll stay in their rooms,” she said. “Also, don’t let BaekYeol be in the same room. They tend to wake the other members and Kris isn’t that happy when someone wakes him up,” the manager said.

“Okay, oppa,” Milan bowed and the manager waved his hand before leaving her alone. She then went to her room which was the storage room for EXO’s belongings. She sat on her bed and took her notebook and a pen. “Okay then Kris and Tao together, Xiumin and Luhan, Chanyeol could be with Kai then there’s Baekhyun who could be with KyungSoo then there’s Chen and Suho and Sehun and Lay,” she said in English then proceeding to bring their belongings to the corresponding rooms.

After that, she went to the concert venue and was surprised by the fans. She changed into her EXO jumper and was surprised to see Japanese fans wearing different outfits of different eras. Most fans were wearing outfits from the Eclipse era. She carefully went through the crowd and showed the guard her ID.

She went in and saw EXO practicing. Her hair which grew until her shoulders already was tied into pigtails and she was again wearing a bonnet. She saw the boys were already sweaty and were doing their best in practicing.

“Milan-san! Milan-san!” A stage staff called out to her. “Ah, nani desu ka? (What is it?)” She asked as she turned to him. “The MC for tonight had a delayed flight and he’s still in Hokkaido, can you please MC for tonight? Gomene (sorry),” he bowed. Milan’s eyes widened. “Honto? (Really?)” she reacted. “Sheesh, alright. Hai (yes), I’ll do it,” Milan said. “Arigatou gozaimasu (Thank you very much)!” The stage staff said before leaving her with a relieved expression.

Milan was really nervous but of course, did her job the whole night as the MC. The fans obviously had fun. She even met a few NND artists she only dreamed about. She can’t believe her luck that she met Halyosi and Amatsuki and 96neko. “Ganbatte for your new album, nee-san,” Milan said. “Thank you, good luck too okay? I’ll look forward to your progress,” 96neko said as she ruffled Milan’s hair.

The next morning, Milan was the earliest to wake up and found the beagle line plus Luhan on her hotel room’s floor. “What happened last night again? Oh right, F4 wanted to spend more time with me,” she said as she rubbed her eyes. She yawned a bit before standing up and going to the bathroom to wash her face.

“Hey, wake up, old men,” Milan said as she kicked the boys. “I’m going out so get out of here,” she added. The four groaned as they turned. Baekhyun even hugged Chen’s shoulder. Luhan’s foot was on Chanyeol’s face plus Chen’s head was on Chanyeol’s stomach. “Aish,” Milan sighed. “Alright then,” she breathed in and then decided to write a note for the four.

Going to a fan café for breakfast. Don’t try to find me.

-Milan

After an hour or so, every EXO member was already awake and having their breakfast in Suho’s room via room service. “Where’s Mil-ah?” Kai asked before putting a piece of chicken into his mouth. “She said she was going to a fan café or something,” Chen answered. “She might meet someone new again like how she met BamBam-ssi~” Baekhyun teased. “She won’t,” Luhan and Chanyeol sternly said in unison, making the others laugh. “You two are too protective. Don’t tell me you love Mil-ah,” Sehun said.

“Sehun-ah, that’s impossible. But Luhan-hyung and Chanyeol, remember. We are not allowed to fall in love. An idol’s heart belongs to his fans and Mil-ah could only get harmed. Chanyeol, spend less time with her already. If you fall for her or if she’ll fall for you, it’ll all go downhill,” Suho said. “You know she’s not my type,” Luhan scoffed. “But hyung,” Chanyeol pouted. “I mean it Chanyeol. She’s already getting a lot of hate from the fans,” Suho narrowed his eyes.

Meanwhile…

“Ah, Japan,” Milan said as she took another bite of her cake. Surrounding her were other fans and fan merchandise plus the cosplayers who Milan always love. “Here’s your hot chocolate, oujosan,” a man said as he served her a cup of the said drink. When Milan lifted her head, her eyes widened in shock. Then she felt anger growing in her. “Great, Xian,” she said sarcastically. The man smiled sincerely before going to the seat across Milan.

The man was as tall as Sehun and he had this light brown skin. He was in a butler’s uniform and had a handsome face. And he was someone very close to Milan in the past. “I never thought you’ll follow me here. I thought you moved on,” he teased, making Milan roll her eyes. “Don’t get too cocky. I’m just here because of my job,” she hissed. “Oh yeah, you’re hanging out with idols already? I’m more handsome than those dudes,” he joked. “Yeah, right,” Milan said sarcastically.

“Anyways, I’ll be going,” Milan stood up. “Chotto,” Xian said as he stood up. Milan just looked into his eyes with pain in hers and said,” What? What do you want? After hurting me back then, you expect me to be able to talk to you?” She said before going out of the café.

Milan then headed towards a fan merch shop and stopped by the Vocaloid section and sighed to herself. “I never expected to bump into that dude,” she muttered to herself. She remembered her relationship with him clearly. It was the first relationship she was in but the dude cheated. She hated herself for forgiving him easily and believing his promises.

“Aish…” She decided to text the boys and told them where she was. “MCA Shop,” she answered to Chanyeol’s question when the guy called him and he was obviously worried. “It’s a famous shop here in Japan that sells anime merch so the people will surely tell you the direction easily,” she reassured him. “Wait there, okay?” Chanyeol said before the phone. “I will,” Milan smiled to herself, luckily no one recognized her here.

After about half an hour, someone called her name and she thought it was the boys already but when she turned her head, she just saw the boy she never wanted to see. “Xian, why did you follow me?” Milan said in Japanese. “I wanted to make amends,” Xian said honestly. “Amends? Oho, how about a no? I can never forgive after all the hurt you’ve put me through,” Milan burst out.

“Just listen to me,” Xian pleaded. Milan almost slapped Xian if he didn’t hold her wrist. “Kudasai, Milan,” Xian said with sorry eyes. The hurt in Milan’s heart grew and she was weak against him now. She only wishes the boys could appear soon.

Chanyeol arrived at the shop along with Luhan and Baekhyun who were known to be close friends with Milan. He saw Milan almost shouting at a man he didn’t have a clue who. She had tears in her eyes and she was obviously hurt. “Who is he?” Luhan muttered. Baekhyun shrugged. “Maybe it’s her ex, she did mention someone in Japan she didn’t want to see,” Baekhyun added.

“Yah, Chanyeol, where are you going?” Luhan asked when Chanyeol disappeared from his side.

“Mil-ah?” Chanyeol said when he got close enough. “O-Oppa,” Milan stuttered. She looked so vulnerable. She looked like she could be broken easily. It hurts him seeing her this way. Whoever this dude is, he needs to pay for hurting his girl. “And who are you?” Xian asked in English. “Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol from EXO and I am her best friend,” Chanyeol said in perfect English. Those lessons did pay off. “Don’t let yourself enter this mess, oppa. I can handle this. This is my problem and my past. I can do this alone,” Milan said, trying to put up a tough act.

“Hey, what’s happening?” Luhan asked once Baekhyun and him got nearer the trio. “Nothing,” Milan answered in Korean. “What do you mean nothing? You’re crying,” Baekhyun said. Milan shook her head before shooting a look at Xian. “Anyways, I have to go, Xian. I hope not to see you soon. Have fun being a butler,” Milan said as she grabbed Chanyeol’s wrist and pulled him away.

“Who was he?” Chanyeol asked immediately after they left. “He’s my first ex,” Milan answered with a soulless and cold voice.

“I never expected to see him here and I think I’ll see him again before we leave for Indonesia.”