The Day After

Of Airplanes, Lists and Break-ups

Chapter 47

Even though he had been thrilled at the thought of going out and get to know his hyung better, Jongin had known all along it wouldn't end as he would've liked.

All night Kyungsoo had been clinging to Kris, stuck on every word he had said or in the end, slurred. It wasn't fair. Jongin had known his hyung for years and never had he received the same kind of attention, Kyungsoo showed this Kris person.

He had been so disappointed to see Kyungsoo almost run for Kris's table, once they had entered a bar on Kyungsoo's request. He may not have broken his promise of a guys' night but Jongin had still felt like pouring ice down the smaller male's pants.

Jongin had never been in love. He had never felt a surge through his stomach or have his heart beat faster, looking at someone.

Not until Kyungsoo.

In the beginning, Kyungsoo had kept to himself and Jongin hadn't really taken any notice of him, except the fact that he was lower than the other waiters working there. He seemed pretty normal and he was hard-working, trying to do his best even when knocking over a carafe, soaking a female customer. It wasn't until Jongin walked in on a conversation between Minseok and Kyungsoo, he started seeing his hyung in a different light. They had spoken about Kyungsoo's girlfriend at the time, Krystal. The way his eyes had lit up, talking about her. They were almost glowing. The way he had smiled with such fondness and love made Jongin smile himself. Maybe even feel a little envious.

From then on he tried getting to know Kyungsoo better but it was difficult when there was work to do all the time. He had asked Sehun to invite Kyungsoo to their after work beer but Kyungsoo always said no as he would rather hurry out the door and home to a presumably sleeping girlfriend.

It was endearing to Jongin how much Kyungsoo cared for Krystal. All the things he did for her was so nice and sweet and... along the way, Jongin wished he could have that. He wanted someone to care for him like Kyungsoo did for Krystal. And suddenly a small tingling in his stomach started to stir every time he saw Kyungsoo. At first it was scary, to think like that about a guy but as time progressed, Jongin started looking forward to the feeling, to see his hyung.

The break up had taken a toll on Kyungsoo, that was easy to see. Jongin had secretly been happy about it. It gave him the opportunity to get closer to the man. Only... the tingling started to disappear, little by little.

Kyungsoo didn't glow anymore.

Kyungsoo, wasn't Kyungsoo any longer.

The first time Kyungsoo had gone off with a girl, Jongin had felt like dying. He had been drunk but the pain of seeing his hyung run of with someone not Jongin, had brought an inexplicable pain to his chest. The next time it hurt just as much. Slowly, it hurt less and less for every girl Kyungsoo f... was with.

Jongin missed his old hyung, his real hyung. But most of all, he missed that curious tingling that made his stomach turn.

 

'Mmm. My. Head. No. Just. No.'      

"Finally awake?"

Joonmyun gradually opened his eyes at the male voice. Oh it was that blond kid from yesterday. That was weird. Why was Se... Seee?... the boy from the bar at Joonmyun's place?

"Come on old man. I have to get to work soon and I am not leaving you here alone."

'Here?'

Joonmyun's mouth felt disgusting. He could scrape a thick layer of horrible off his tongue with his teeth. This must have been the first time in his entire life Joonmyun hadn't brushed his teeth. Also the first time he had ever had a hangover.

"What time is it?"
The tall kid looked at his watch while sighing.

"It's 2.30 PM."

"What?!"

Joonmyun quickly sat up, regretting it immediately.

"Yeah. We were home from the bar at, let's see... 7 in the morning? You, are a fun drunk."
"I am?"

"You should have seen yourself. After the others left, you and me, we kept going. You pounded like  15 shots, puked in the street, pounded 10 more shots and then urinated in public. It. Was. Awesome. Plus you pretty much paid for all the drinks tonight which in my book means: I like you."
"...I urinated in public? Oh God. This is not happening."

"It was hilarious. People stopped to take pictures. Speaking of which..."
Sehun showed Joonmyun his phone where a picture of him peeing up against a wall, sporting a gigantic smile, graced the screen.

"No no no no no no no no. No no. No."

"... Anyway, after that you bought champagne for the surrounding crowd and later you passed out. I had to carry you all the way to my apartment. Your welcome by the way."

Joonmyun fell back on the bed.

"Why don't I remember any of this happening?"
"Dude. You got so wasted I'm surprised you didn't end up in a hospital bed."

Joonmyun was speechless. He also had to pee. And hurl but the thought of leaving his soft sanctuary made him want to just do it all in the bed.  

"I think I'm going to die. Oh God. I'm gonna..."
Before he knew it, a bucket was covering his face and just in time for the fireworks. Joonmyun's insides were on fire. He could taste his stomach acids on his tongue right before 25 plus shots were emptied from his stomach. He managed to choke out a slurred 'Never again' between hurling and cursing himself for drinking more than the agreed 'one beer, that's it'.

 

There was a loud knock on the door but Baekhyun didn't feel like getting up. Was it up to him, he would never leave his bed, ever again.

"Baekhyun open up! I know you're in there! Baekie!"
Baekhyun sighed. Chanyeol had against his will, been at his beck and call ever since the giant had found out he had skipped classes three days in a row. Chanyeol had come running to his apartment and found him lying on the floor, clutching Kyungsoo's pillow. He had been a mess. He hadn't eaten since Kyungsoo suddenly moved out, he didn't sleep, he hadn't showered, it was as if he had stopped functioning because of his so-called friend.

He finally left his bed to let his loud friend in. He knew Chanyeol wouldn't leave until he answered the door. One day he had stayed outside, banging on the door for hours on end. That had been a long night for the both of them.

"Took you long enough."
Chanyeol blew past him and into his place. He put a takeout bag on his desk before sitting down on his bed.

"Eat. Today the menu is fried chicken because it is Sunday and I'm feeling generous."
"I'm not hungry."
Chanyeol sighed.

"You never are. I thought you spoke to him."
"I did. It just didn't help."
"I don't get it. What exactly happened between you two?"
"I can't tell you."
"Baekie. You can tell me anything."
"Not this."
Chanyeol got up from the bed, standing in front of him. Baekhyun wanted nothing more but to receive comfort and tell him everything, he just felt too disgusted with himself to do so.

"I am you friend. No matter what you do, maybe with the exception of killing anyone but covering up a murder you committed I'd be fine with that. Anyway... I'm here for you. I know you Baekhyun. Whatever the reason to you and Kyungsoo's presumed fight, you can't blame yourself. I'm sure that Kyungsoo just needs some time to think, I mean come on, the guy has a lot on his plate right now. You need to stop worrying. You need to come to your senses. And you also need to eat. So sit down and unless I see you eat at least two pieces, I will go fetch my guitar and play a.lot. of country music, right until you beg me to stop."
Baekhyun was led to the desk. He couldn't help the small smile spreading. His friend was a fool  but... he was right.

"I'll eat. But you have to eat it with me."

Chanyeol's face distorted into nothing but shiny teeth.

"Thank you, thank you!"
'Thank you' Baekhyun thought to himself as he watched the giant help himself to a leg.

 

Kris and Kyungsoo was sitting at the sofa table, eating 'breakfast'. They had both slept in, seeing as it had gotten pretty late last night. It was now 2 PM, both of them hung-over from the massive amounts of alcohol on Joonmyun's behalf. The kiss never came up as they sat in silence, chewing on a piece of buttered toast.

"So... You are a ."

Kris sighed out loud.

"Oh great. You remember that."
"I'm sorry, it just seems... weird. 4 years and no ?"
"I... wasn't ready. is a big step and I didn't want to ... rush into anything."
"4 years is rushing into it?"
"What can I say? I'm a romantic."
"Yeah. I get that."

Kris put down his plate on the table, not feeling hungry at all. He wasn't per say embarrassed about his ual status, he actually kind of liked it. Only, hearing it out loud from Kyungsoo  made him feel a little bit self-conscious.  

"It's... it's not like I didn't try. It's just, when I was ready, emotionally... she wasn't. In fact, I think the last couple of years we were together, we didn't really see eye to eye at all, we just... I don't know, man. She just wasn't the one. But I'm not giving up. She's out there somewhere, waiting for me to sweep in on a white horse and carry her to my kingdom, where we'll live happily ever after. Speaking of which, is there anywhere in Seoul you can take riding lessons?
"... I am not helping you with that."
"Come on! It's on the list!"
"How about this. We both get... 3 vetoes and I veto going all brokeback mountain with you."
"One."
"What?"
"One veto."
"No way

. You have a lot of crazy things on your list that I am not taking any part in."
"Hey!... Fine. Two vetoes. That's my final offer."

The smaller male seemed to be mulling things over when he grabbed Kris's hand, shaking it.

"Deal."

Kyungsoo started to collect their plates as he stood up.

"Well if that's settled, I'm going out to buy groceries. Anything special you want for dinner?"
"You don't have work?"
"I have the day off."
"Then... Kimchi jjigae? And chocolate croissants..."

Kyungsoo let out a small laugh.

"Fine. But only because it's Sunday. You wanna come with?"
"Next time. Sorry. I got some stuff I need to take care of and... I promised to vacuum, right?"
"Right... See you later."
"Yeah. See you."
He watched in silence as his roommate disappeared out the door. As soon as he was gone, Kris pulled out his phone and started typing a message.

 

'Hello Mrs. Do.
My name is Kris Yi Fan and I attend the same university as your son Do Kyungsoo. I just wanted to inform you that he now lives with me at campus and that I promise to take good care of him until the two of you have worked things out. I don't know what happened and it is probably none of my business but... Kyungsoo misses you and I am certain that you miss him too.

Sincerely
                      Kris Yi Fan
                      Phys. Ed. Major.'
    

Kris looked over the message again and again.

Taking a deep breath, he pressed send. Half regretting it the moment it was too late.


A/N

Aaah I hope you're enjoying the story as krisoo progresses :p
If you like it or feel like venting out frustrations or have a complaint, dont hesitate to leave a comment. I bask in those :p
I have just finished chapter 50 so I'll most likely post next chapter very soon - their lists will start to be checked off :D

Thank you again for reading :D

50 subscribers! xD Then it can't be all crap I'm writing :D I'm so happy xD