What the hell is this?

Of Airplanes, Lists and Break-ups

Chapter 35

Chanyeol hadn't been able to see Kyungsoo for a long while now. Kyungsoo was either at work or according to Baekhyun, out partying with his colleagues. Chanyeol himself hadn't been able to make time to see him. He had been caught up in his own studies thanks to his parents. They didn't particularly like the thought of their son playing music for a living and so as a compromise Chanyeol had to supplement his education with  economics. And he did not get economics.

It had hurt him a little bit that Kyungsoo had chosen to stay at Baekhyun's place and not at his. It would have made more sense, seeing as Baekhyun lived in what could only be described as an oversized  smurf's home. It might not be a mushroom but it was definitely not meant for housing two grown men, not even one.  

"Just to be clear. What he said earlier wasn't true. I am his only best friend." Chanyeol looked to the man sitting at a desk, studying diligently.

"Whatever you say, big boy."

"But why did he come here? There isn't even enough room for you Baek."
"You know Kyungsoo. He'd rather not deal with confrontation. You. You have a big mouth and you won't stop bringing up Krystal and how you were right about her all along. Also your parents..."

"He doesn't like my parents?"
"You don't know? Kyungsoo had a fallout with his mother. I'm not sure what happened but he refuses to see or talk to her. He doesn't know but I called his mother to let her know that Kyungsoo was staying with me. Now, she calls me almost every day to hear if her son is okay. Or if he wants to come home. If he misses her? Anyway, I think he just wants to be left alone for now." Baekhyun sighed heavily as he put his pen down and wearily rubbed his eyes.

Chanyeol was at a loss for words. Since when did Kyungsoo not tell him important things? He hadn't even heard about the break up until Baekhyun happened to mention it one day over the phone. When he had called Kyungsoo up, to make his obligatory best friend speech on how he was there for him and if Kyungsoo needed anything he could count on Chanyeol, Kyungsoo had brushed him off saying he was being melodramatic and that he was fine.

"He is not fine." Baekhyun leaned back in his chair, resting his head against his hands, closing his eyes.

"Huh?"

"Kyungsoo. He isn't fine. He keeps saying he is but it's easy to see that he's not."

"You sure? He seemed pretty fine to me. Or did you not witness his little striptease just now?"
"He may act okay but it is what it is. An act. He's hurting. He just doesn't want to admit that to himself."

"When does Kyungsoo want to admit to anything? He is like the most stubborn person in the world. I'm sure that if Kyungsoo was sad, he'd tell us. You're probably just overreacting."

Baekhyun opened his eyes and sat up straight.

"Overreacting? Let me show you something."

Baekhyun pushed back his chair and stood up. He walked towards his closet, to the part he had cleared for Kyungsoo's use. Reaching under a pile of clothes he got hold of a note pad. With no further ado he flung the thing at Chanyeol who managed to catch it with his hands and not his face.

"Should've, could've... What the hell is this?!"

 

Kyungsoo was beat. Jongin and Sehun had both called in sick which meant that Kyungsoo had to run from table to table. From the main part of the café to the kitchen and back again. The manger seriously needed to hire more people for the evening shifts. Heaving a tired breath, he entered the dark apartment. He had barely managed to stumble out of his shoes when the light was . Kyungsoo blinked at the sharp light that made his eyes water.

"Baekhyun? Chanyeol?" In front of him stood his two friends. Chanyeol with his arms crossed and Baekhyun with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry about this. And the banner." Baekhyun nudged towards the huge homemade 'Intervention' banner that hung behind them.

"Chanyeol insisted on making one."

"How can you have an intervention without a banner?" Chanyeol hissed.

"Intervention?"
"Yes. Your intervention." Chanyeol pulled out the notepad.

"Care to explain what this is?"
Kyungsoo grunted as he made to snatch back his list. Chanyeol was quicker.

"What the hell is this thing? The things you've written are..."
"It's nothing. Just a bunch of things I want to try."

Chanyeol snorted looking through the pages.

"This. Is nothing?" Chanyeol proceeded to read up things from his list.

"Break up a couple, have a one night stand..."

A heavy disappointment lazed Chanyeol's voice.

"... Steal? Kyungsoo. Did you really do that? Steal?"

 

He had. It had happened in Canada. He had entered a small kiosk and looked for the cheapest thing in there. Picking up a packet of gum he slipped it into his pocket and stormed out the door when another customer was about to pay. Kyungsoo had felt so bad about it, the following day he returned, put the gum back and bought as much as he could carry.

"I returned it. It wasn't even anything big..."

"This is not you. I thought Baekhyun was exaggerating and that you really were fine but... The break up with Krystal was, I mean, I had seen it coming for a while. But of course you chose not to listen to me because I was sooooo wroooong and Krystal was oh sooo niiice, Ouch! Yah Baek!"

Baekhyun had pinched his arm. Hard. He pushed Chanyeol aside and stepped towards Kyungsoo.

"The point is. You need to talk to someone about this. You're slowly destroying yourself."
"I'm not. I'm actually having fun for once in my life."
"Are you really? Talk to your mother. She misses you and I know you miss her too."

Kyungsoo snorted.

"Yeah, sure. I'll get right on that." Kyungsoo turned to leave.

"Where do you think you're going? We're not done yet." Chanyeol grabbed his arm.

"Yes! We're done."

Chanyeol took a step back, letting go of his best friend. Never had he seen such a terrifying Kyungsoo. He knew scary Kyungsoo but this. This was something else. His eyes were wide and bloodshot with anger. His over-lip pulled up, baring his teeth. Chanyeol didn't know this Kyungsoo. He let the smaller male storm out the door before turning to a defeated Baekhyun.

"He's definitely not fine."


A/N
Hellooooo :D
The next couple of weeks I wont be able to update as often. I'll try get a chapter posted  every day but because of work and a bigger asignment I wont have much time to write :(