Do you know how to make pancakes?

Of Airplanes, Lists and Break-ups

A/N
There is a small "ual" scene in the first part but its so short and almost nothing that ít doesn't deserve an M :) Else just skip it ^^
 

 

Chapter 37

After leaving Jongin's place, Kyungsoo was even more angry. And confused, and... something else. Kyungsoo stumbled through the streets of Seoul, scared to let his mind wander. He needed something, anything to take his mind of all the things he didn't want to think about. He hurriedly entered a nightclub, only relaxing after his first drink. He let the bitter alcohol work its magic. The loud bass pounding his brain. This was better. Or was it?

He frantically looked around, searching for someone to calm his body down. He spotted a girl on the dance floor in a skirt so short he could see she wasn't wearing any underwear. He gulped down his second drink and steered towards the dance floor. There he stepped behind her, rubbing his crutch against her . He turned her around, let her see him before pressing her closer. He let his hand run over her and up under her skirt. He knead her left cheek before sliding his fingers lower. Pushing a finger into her heat, she responded by hiding her face in his chest, grinding against him. Kyungsoo pushed in another finger. In. Out. After a little while he pulled his hand out from her skirt and forcing his sticky fingers into her open mouth before pressing his lips hard against hers.

'You're destroying your life.'

'If you didn't give a , you wouldn't be such a mess.'

'I want the real Kyungsoo back.'

Kyungsoo couldn't keep his thoughts from running wild. His friends' words kept ringing in his head.

He abruptly stopped kissing the girl. He felt sick. His stomach was churning and before he knew it he had pushed past the confused girl and rushed out of the club.

The fresh air helped a little on his stomach. He leaned against the wall of the club and closed his eyes. He took a deep breath and slid down to the ground. In that moment, Kyungsoo felt so alone. He didn't want to go back to Baekhyun's place. He couldn't go home because of his mother. Minseok was out of the question. He just wanted to not have to think or talk about his life.

Kyungsoo missed Canada. He missed the people there. He missed maple syrup.

Kyungsoo took out his phone. It was 3 in the morning. It was both too late and too early to call someone but Kyungsoo didn't want to be alone right now.

 

"Do you know how to make pancakes?"

Kyungsoo stepped into a 24-hour shop to buy ingredients for pancakes and maple syrup. He didn't want to go back to Baekhyun's place just to pick up syrup even though it cost 14,000 won in the convenience store.

Even though it had been late, or early, Kris had seemed rather eager to meet up and what do you know, he actually did know how to make pancakes. Kyungsoo smiled to himself. Kris would certainly come in handy from time to time.

He went to pay for his things and made for the university grounds.  

 Kris stood at the school gates wearing grey sweatpants and a leather jacket. It looked a bit weird. When he spotted Kyungsoo, he started waving like some crazy person. Normally Kyungsoo would have turned around on the spot, pretending not to know said someone. But not this time. Kris was like a child in a giant's body and even if Kyungsoo thought Kris's thoughts on love were obscure and incredibly far-fetched, he kind of liked that about him. Kyungsoo waved back with his free hand, yelling out a 'Good morning' to a smiling Kris.

Kris relieved Kyungsoo from the bag of groceries and started towards his place.

 

"So, pancakes huh? Isn't it a bit early for breakfast?" Kris walked slow on purpose. He wanted to spend as much time with Kyungsoo as possible. Why? He had no idea.

"Is it ever too early for breakfast?"

"I guess not. You miss Canada?"
"I do. I really do. Don't you?"

"Not really... So what , did you like live off of pancakes and maple syrup the entire trip?"
"The last few days, yes. Well that and Red Bull."

Kris laughed.

"I used to love that stuff. That is until I drank like 5 cans in a row during a work-out session. It wasn't a pretty sight."

"Just 5 cans? I made it to 8 before I went into an epileptic seizure."

"Yeah?"

"Yup." Kyungsoo smiled proudly at his accomplishment.

"My hero. From now on you are my new role model."

"Do I actually detect sarcasm in that statement?"

"Oh you detect a lot."

Kyungsoo hit Kris on the arm but the both of them couldn't help smiling.

Kris opened the door to his apartment.

"So. This is me."
Kyungsoo stood with his mouth wide open, eyes about to pop out.

"You live here? How? I thought you lived in a small dorm room like... Normal people."

"So did I but I'm not complaining." Kris started unpacking the groceries in the kitchen while Kyungsoo explored the place. The living room contained a white, three person leather sofa and a white leather armchair, surrounding a sofa table made from glass. The walls were white, the same was the wooden floors. It all seemed too sterile, too void of color, just like another place he had known. He moved on to the bathroom. A bath tub, seriously? Who lived here? A girl? Kyungsoo noticed the damp towel thrown carelessly on the floor. He also noticed the steam on the mirror and the water on the floor. He laughed to himself.

Next up were two bedrooms placed opposite each other but only one was occupied.

Kyungsoo went back to the kitchen where Kris was busy mixing ingredients.

"Nice place," he said as he moved to stand beside the giant, inspecting his work. Looking up at Kris, Kyungsoo touched his hair. It was damp.

"...What are you doing? Are you coming on to me?"
Kyungsoo just snorted.

"Did you just shower?"

Kris stopped whisking the dough.

"... Maybe."

"Now who's coming on to who?" Kyungsoo laughed at the blush on Kris's face.

"Don't think I did it to impress you. I just thought it'd be nice to... look nice for your... gay friend."
Kyungsoo deadpanned.

"Honey, look at me. I'm not that fabulous. If you want snappy with a side of rainbows and unicorns, you should go see Luhan. You don't need to treat me specially just because you think I'm different from you, because I'm not. I am just a guy and just your friend. You don't need to shower at 3 in the morning to impress me with your superb hygiene."

Kris pursed his lips while an awkward silence descended on the kitchen.

"Sorry. I just haven't had a gay friend before."

"I don't think it's that different from having a heteroual friend. And what about Luhan?"

"Luhan isn't exactly a friend. More like the annoying cousin you hate but can't help loving because you have to because he's family... I don't know."

Kris put a spoonful of butter onto the heated pan, watching it melt.

Kyungsoo set the table while Kris threw pancakes around the kitchen. Like literally. Kris would throw a pancake in the air, watch it turn and catch it with the pan again. Kyungsoo was impressed.

He threw himself in the sofa, shutting his eyes for a bit. Before long, Kris was gently shaking him awake to the sight of two small towers of pancakes covered in syrup and butter on the top. Kyungsoo thought he could cry. Before he could stop himself, he had thrown his arms around Kris and hugged him tight. He let go in order to eagerly pick up his fork and start digging in. And foodgasm!

 

Kris didn't move, too surprised with the impromptu hug.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" Kyungsoo asked with his mouth full.

Kris snapped out of his trance.

"What? Oh. Yeah. Sure." He slowly cut a piece of pancake and lifted it to his mouth.  

"How come you don't have a roommate?" Kyungsoo was almost done with his share of 10 pancakes.

"Dunno."
"You're lucky. Having all this room to yourself." He longingly gazed at Kris's pancakes.

"I had kinda hoped I got to live in normal dorm. A roommate would make things a little less... lonely..."

"I guess that makes sense." Kyungsoo snorted.

"I live in a student apartment the size of your bathroom. With a friend."

"... Boyfriend?" Kris lowered his fork while trying not to pout.

"Just a friend. But I'm only staying there until I can find my own which isn't easy."
"Why don't you move in here?" Kris hesitantly turned his gaze towards the man who wouldn't take his eyes off of his food.

"Yeah right. Like I could afford living here."

"I don't pay extra for staying here. I can chip in if you'd like."

Kyungsoo finally turned his eyes away from Kris's unfinished plate of pure ecstasy.

"You are really something else. Thanks for the offer but I can't let you do that."

"Okay..." Not feeling hungry after his seemingly desperate attempt at getting Kyungsoo as roommate, Kris pushed his plate towards the smaller man who in return made huge puppy eyes at the gesture before sinking his teeth into a piece of pancake.

"Could've been fun though," Kris wondered out loud.   

Kyungsoo didn't hear. Way too absorbed in finishing his plate as fast as possible.

Kris smiled whole-heartedly at the petit boy sitting next to him, secretly wishing he would stay there forever.

 


A/N
Why can't one just jump to the end >< I have finally found the ending and the progress of the story I just dont have the time to write it ><