Becoming friends

Of Airplanes, Lists and Break-ups

Chapter 3


Luckily the girl, who through sign language and small frustrated whines let her name be known as Kim Yeon Seong, did in fact, not speak French. So Kris's little outburst of horrible French could technically have been, well... English and she still wouldn't have understood. Never the less, the following weeks, they kept meeting during recess and to tell the truth, the girl was a pretty quick study so her English improved in no time. How convenient, right? Right?
When they were finally able to hold a decent conversation, Kris learned that she had moved to Canada with her parents because her father stumbled onto an amazing job offer. "He manages ion." Kris gracefully choked on his milk, feeling the white liquid exit his nostrils enabling him to breathe. The girl patted his back with a surprising amount of strength, effectively making Kris topple over, face planting on the concrete.

After his impromptu make out session with the pavement it wasn't easy to save face. The fact that he had white traces of dried milk coming  from his nostrils, which made him look like a rejected alternative of the ever so popular "got milk" advertisements, didn't help much either.

At least he made her laugh.

Well, after the initial worry and the obligatory 'are you okay?'

"What did your dad do again?" He asked while wiping his nose with his sleeve. "He work at big company. He manage ion." She smiled proudly at her ability to pronounce such a difficult word that Kris found it hard to tell her that, that job offer  probably wasn't worth moving all the way to Canada for. Well almost. Because Kris believed in honesty and telling the truth and so he explained to her what the word meant. Let's just say the girl was embarrassed, having already introduced herself to her class as the daughter of a ion worker. That would also be the reason as to why they didn't speak for the following week and a half, and a disheartened Kris wrote a new poem:

"Longing.

Is like the way I can still taste skimmed milk when I blow my nose.

Hard to get rid of... and kind of disgusting."

 

When she finally approached Kris one day at school, her English had improved yet again. Man, those dorky afterschool classes certainly did what they were supposed to, right? ... What? She could totally be taking those cla... oh shut up! She's my character, and I say she's a dork with nothing better to do than learning the difference between ion and production.

Oh right, later when they did start talking again she explained to him that her father was in fact a production manager at a renowned company. This time Kris kept his milk down.


They became good friends. Kris was getting used to being called 'Keuriiiiiseu' by an eager Korean girl, running towards him during recess, after school and other crowded areas. Just as she was getting used to being called Kim because apparently her 'Keuriseu' couldn't pronounce the rest of her name. Although when he tried calling her 'Kimmie', she effectively voiced out her dislike for the pet name, by punching him (again with a surprising amount of force from such a small girl) in his abdomen. Kris thought he was going to die from the impact but at least he got the message. 


A/N

I have subscribers xD Man that feels good :b Thank you, thank you ^^
Just if you were wondering when Krisoo will smooch it up I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient. They will most likely first meet in chapter 10... ish. So just you know, be happy that the chapters are short :b

Another short chapter will most likely be postet later today :D