Screw it

Of Airplanes, Lists and Break-ups

Chapter 42

'Move in with me.'

Kyungsoo shook his head. How could he do that? Sure it was the obvious thing to do but how on earth would he be able to afford it? Kris had offered to help him with the rent but it just seemed wrong to take his money. He sighed for the umpteenth time that day as he made his way to class. He needed to get his belongings which would mean approximately 10 minutes of awkwardness with Baekhyun. Kyungsoo did not look forward to that.

"Aarh screw it."

Kyungsoo stopped dead in his tracks, turned around and determinately marched towards a different part of campus.

 

Baekhyun hadn't seen Kyungsoo the entire school day. Not that he was surprised. In any case he needed to talk to his friend and soon. Baekhyun didn't want Kyungsoo to move out. Sure there wasn't enough space for the both of them but it was nice not living alone for a change. It was nice having someone to hug close at night. It was just, nice.

What happened the night before was his mistake. He shouldn't have forced Kyungsoo to... Well, try and sleep with him. As far as he knew, he wasn't gay and neither was Kyungsoo but it had felt incredibly good being so close to Kyungsoo, kissing his swollen lips, touching his soft skin, his hair...  'Get it together Baekhyun.'

Baekhyun was on his way home. Half running. He needed to get to the apartment before Kyungsoo. In this state Kyungsoo was much more likely to ignore any problem and pretend it never happened. But the kiss had happened, along with everything else and now Baekhyun was terrified that his friend would cast him aside just like he had with Krystal and his mother. 

Out of breath, Baekhyun reached his place in record time. Catching his breath, he opened the door. He took one look at the apartment before falling to the ground.

He was too late.

 

It had been a long day. A very long, exhausting day. But not only that. Kris was also embarrassed out of his mind. He had, for the second time, practically begged Kyungsoo to come live with him and for the second time, Kyungsoo had rejected him. It was harsh. Of course it was his own fault for being, you know, terrible with words but now he was sure he had made Kyungsoo incredibly uncomfortable.

'No more', he thought to himself. He was going to give Kyungsoo some space and when the overall awkwardness had dissipated he would call him. Hopefully, that would be soon.

Kris stumbled inside his apartment, dropping his bag in the entrance. After taking of his shoes he went straight for the couch, dumping his body in the soft leather. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath through his nose, wishing the day would just... What was that? Kris sniffed in. Something smelled delicious. He slowly opened his eyes.

"Hi Roomie!"

Kyungsoo was standing in front of him, carrying a plate of  steaming chocolate croissants and two pieces of strawberry shortcake.

"Room...Is that cake?"

"Yup, from now on I'll be staying with you."

"I don't think you heard my question... Is that. Cake?"
Kris's mouth was watering at the sight. The strawberry shortcake had been his favorite of the many desserts Kyungsoo had paraded in front of him at the café.

"Of course it's cake you moron." The treats were placed on the broken sofa table.

"This is kind of like my 'I'msorryIdidn'ttakeyouuponyourofferandinsteadwentbehindyourbackandsignedacontractgotakeyandmovedinherewhileyouwerestillinschool' cake. And the chocolate croissants are my specialty. I haven't made them in while so they might not be perfect but they should be decent enough to eat. "

"So I can eat it?"
"Yes you can eat it."
Kris grabbed the cake with his hand, ignoring the fork and the stickiness in his hand. He didn't care the least about the shocked expression on Kyungsoo's face, too blissfully happy about the cake. Oh and the fact that Kyungsoo would be living with him.

"You know," Kris said while his fingers.

"If I get diabetes because of you, I'm kicking you out."

"No you won't. You're too nice of a guy to do that. Besides this isn't just your apartment anymore. It's ours. Oh and by the way, I'm taking you up on that offer of helping with the rent because if not, you won't have a roommate for long."         

Kris scoffed.

"What happened to 'I can't do that'?"

"I flushed it down the drain. You want me to stay here, you gotta pay the price."
Kris was internally squealing from joy but he thought he'd better play it cool and so he snatched the other piece of cake and gulped it down before Kyungsoo had the chance to protest.

"I guess it can't be helped. But in return I want you to help me with my list of things to do while in Korea."

"Really? Aren't I the one doing you a favor?"
"Me paying additional rent for you to have roof over your head, is not you doing me a favor. Just, please? I only have... 1,2,3...  7 months left here and the list isn't getting any shorter."

"I don't know. Aren't most of your stuff girly things?"
"They are not girly!"
"I'm pretty sure I saw 'get a couple pedicure' on the list one time."

"You're gay. Don't you people like that kind of stuff?"
"You people? Kris, you are either a bit of a homophobe or incredibly ignorant. Fine, I'll do it. But you'll have to help me with my list as well then."
"Oh right your list from the plane."

Kris unconsciously made a move for a croissant, taking an indifferent bite of the pastry. A signal from his taste buds went straight to his brain that in return made a signal for his eyes to start water. Out of nowhere, Kris was wailing in the living room while taking another bite of the croissant. It was crusty on the outside but the inside was unbelievably soft. Melted chocolate blended with the buttery texture so sinfully, Kris didn't dare think of the calories the little pastry possessed. It tasted amazing but more importantly, it tasted like... like love. It was possible for Kris to taste the heartfelt effort that was put into making these. He was touched. His mind battled between wanting to quote  some sappy French passage while the other part was in its usual mean, mean frame of mind. 'I'm sorry but I have to ask. Did it hurt when they turned your inside out? Big cry baby.'

"... Are you okay?"

Kris sniffed and without thinking he hugged Kyungsoo, patting his back.

"I appreciate your hard work and your caring effort. Thank you. Thank you so much." He let go of the stunned man to finish the heavenly pastry.

"Right... What were we talking about again?"
"I've no idea. OH!"

  Without another word Kris took hold of Kyungsoo's wrist and ran for the door. He put on his shoes and stood tripping in the entrance, waiting for Kyungsoo to take the hint and do the same.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see!"

The man had shook his head but put on his shoes anyway.

"You should get your coat," Kyungsoo said as he put on his own.

"No time! Now, let's go."

 

"Seriously. Of all places in Korea, this is the first thing on your list?"

Kyungsoo exhaled loudly at his friend. They were in Hongdae, standing outside The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince, Kris jumping up and down in excitement.

"Oh my God, oh my God, I can't believe it. Here, take a picture!"

A phone was into Kyungsoo's hands as Kris ran to stand in front of the building, putting on a gummy smile and a cute v sign.

This was just embarrassing.

He quickly took the picture before walking swiftly past Kris and into the café. He hadn't been there before. Heck he hadn't even seen the drama. Needless to say, it seemed like Kris was a fan. The first thing he had heard the giant utter as he entered the café was a:

"Waaauw. Yah, Kyungsoo! I want a picture with the waiters!"

Begrudgingly, Kyungsoo watched Kris collect the entire male staff for a group photo. He heard him tell them how handsome they were and a small giggle erupting from the guy as Kyungsoo took a quick disinterested picture of the collective of black aprons surrounding a small whale.  

Kyungsoo ordered a cappuccino while Kris opted for an iced Chocó-mint latte.

"Kyungsoo?  Buy this for me." Kris was pointing to something in a glass display.

"You just ate two pieces of strawberry shortcake and a croissant and now you want waffles with ice cream? You really are going for diabetes , aren't you?"
"It's on the list."
"And I'm paying because?"
"Because the guy always pays, duh."

"I can't help but feel there's something wrong with that statement."

"You are paying, because on my list this is a date."
"Would you keep it down?! This is not a date."

"I know it's not, but it was when I was supposed to come here with Kim. So today I'll be the girl, you'll be the guy and I want the royal treatment."
"...I hate you." Kyungsoo his heel and walked to the counter.

"One Waffle deluxe with 1... 3 extra scoops of ice cream, please."


A/N
Wow. I have written over 52 k words. How did that happen Oo I usually have the attentionspan of a 5 year old with adhd >< 
Thank you for keep reading :D