Enter. The Deer of the Dawn.

Of Airplanes, Lists and Break-ups

Chapter 14

After the initial shock of being kissed by another dude. Kris brought two fingers up to trace his lips. Giggling, he remembered the soft flesh of lips softly pressing against his own. Why didn't it bother him that it had been a guy kissing him? And why had Kyungsoo kissed him anyway? Kris did remember reading that skin-ship between guys in Korea was a common thing. Maybe that was just a... completely,  harmless, platonic gesture. Yeah. Just Like kissing people's cheeks in France, Belgium, Italy, etc. take your pick.  

He slowly his lips. It had been a long time since he had been kissed, having stayed away from any party since the last one. Kris had missed the feeling. He still did. He sighed to himself as he feebly wished Kim had been by his side to share this moment with him. To experience the Seoul she had described to him countless of times.   

But Kim had moved on. She was now in a relationship with some math geek. Sighing to himself again, Kris pulled out his diary to add to his 'While in Korea' list.

  • Fall in love.

Kris was still a hopeless romantic. Still very much into sentimental movies. But most of all he just wanted to fall in love again.

As he made his way out and into the main hall, he was greeted with a sea of Koreans holding up individual signs with Korean, Japanese, English and oh, Kris Wu Fan, Chinese names written on them. Kris walked towards the sign with his name on, where an overly happy looking guy jumped up and down.

"That's me. Kris Wu Fan. Nice to meet you."

The shorter blonde male ignored Kris's outstretched hand and opted to hug (crush) him instead.

"Nice to meet you too! My name is Luhan and I'll be your contact during your stay here."

"Lu Han? You're Chinese?"

 "I certainly am. But I moved to Korea when I was 17. Seoul. Is. A.maziiiing. You'll love it here."
Luhan took one of Kris's bags before moving towards the exit.

It was baking hot outside. Kris had arrived to Korea in the beginning of September, with almost a  week to get settled in, before school started. Luhan threw Kris's luggage into his car with much difficulty.

"Phew. You certainly brought a lot of stuff, huh?" Luhan huffed, motioning for Kris to get in the car.

"One year is a long time." Kris opened the passenger seat, thanking God for the invention of air condition. Luhan started the car before shooting him a smile even more goofy than his own. Mouth so far open his neck disappeared.

"Ahaha! One year here, will go by in the blink of an eye. Trust me."

 

When they reached what would  be Kris's home for the next year, Kris practically jumped out of the car, kissing the ground.

Luhan was... not exactly the best driver... Okay. He was a menace to society. As soon as he had switched on the engine, Luhan had proceeded to put the car in reverse. Except he hadn't. The car had run front first into the car parked across from them. An awkward 'Whoops' had escaped Luhan's lips before he reached into the glove compartment. He fished out a bunch of post-its, scribbling something down on a few. He put the car in neutral, pulled the handbrake and got out. He took one of the post-its and put it under the other car's windscreen wipers. When he got back in the car, this time he actually managed to put the car in reverse. Kris took a look at the post-it. A big 'Sorry!' was written on the yellow note. Kris slowly turned his gaze towards the now humming man beside him. "You didn't leave your insurance number?" "Oh, I don't have one," the man chirped back at him.  Kris had made a quick, desperate move for his seatbelt, making sure he was completely and utterly tied down. When they got out on the free way, Luhan had explained to him that he had only received his driver's license a year ago. But because he didn't own a car or ever needed one, this was the first time he was driving in six, no, seven months. "This is my mentor's car. Nice guy. Biiiiit of a push-over, but overall... Nice." They were currently going 130 km/h in a 90 km/h zone. "Does he know of your driving skills?" Kris was holding on to anything he could, at times closing his eyes while thinking: 'This is it, I'm gonna die'.

Kris lay on the pavement in front of the dorm, muttering 'never again' over and over.

"That last one was a close one, huh?" Luhan said while unloading the car, efficiently breaking Kris's mantra. "You should have seen your face. You were all like, 'Aaarh, you killed her, what are we gonna do, call 911!'" Luhan imitated Kris quite accurately. Even the girly scream was spot on. "FYI, in Korea it is 119, not 911." Kris immediately sat up, yelling, "You hit an old lady with your car!" "She jumped right back up!" In Luhan's defense, the ahjumma had in fact gotten to her feet in the matter of seconds. She had even had enough energy to curse the both of them to hell and back while limping after the car. Luhan had grabbed one of the leftover post-its with a big 'sorry' on, rolled down the window and thrown it out of it. "I always make a few in advance. Just in case," he'd said.

"So this is where you'll be staying." They were standing in something that didn't look much like a dorm room but closer to an apartment. They were standing in the hallway leading in to a small living room. The place had a small kitchen, a bathroom and two bedrooms."
"I thought I'd be living at a dorm? Is this what a dorm looks like in Korea?" Kris asked incredulous. "No silly. What was it again... Right, something about your exchange program. The room you were supposed to stay in suddenly became unavailable. You see, the guy, like you, was also meant to go abroad. To America actually. Anyway, last minute he broke down, crying about not wanting to go. I'm telling you, that Tao kid is a lost cause." Luhan shook his head while heaving one of Kris's bags into the nearest bedroom. "And so because there weren't any other rooms available, ta-da! You get to stay where the rich kids do. In an apartment. In the privacy of your own room. Free of charge... A bathroom you don't have to share with 50 other guys, fighting for warm water and toilet paper. Every. Single. Day..." Luhan heaved a sigh. "Anyway, I'll let you get settled in. If you have any questions while I'm gone, my phone number is somewhere in the stack of info on the coffee table. You have exactly three hours to unpack and wash the plane off of you before the camp tour commences." Kris put down the bags he was carrying. "Thanks." A tired but grateful smile graced Kris's face. "My pleasure." Luhan threw his lithe body at Kris, embracing him in yet another bone-crushing  hug, before hurrying out the door. Kris had half-expected the man to kiss him but surprisingly he hadn't. Kris breathed in, taking in his surroundings.
"I'm finally here."         


A/N

So this is the last you'll hear of Kris for quite a while.
Now the dragged out intro of Kyungsoo will begin :D
Btw I will be using F(x) Krystal as the face of Kyungsoo's ex. I don't know much about her but hopefully you won't hate me for using her in the story :)
Keep reading, subscribing, upvoting and I'll be a happy panda:D
Feedback good or bad would also be much appreciated.