Next time

Of Airplanes, Lists and Break-ups

Chapter 38

Baekhyun was worried. He hadn't heard from Kyungsoo since he left yesterday. Where had he spent the night? If Baekhyun had to guess, his friend had picked up some random and stayed at her place. He sighed. Chanyeol shouldn't have demanded they hold an intervention for Kyungsoo. He was too fragile but they had to do something. Baekhyun, had to something. He sat at his desk, unable to concentrate on his studies. Defeated he shut his book and threw himself on his bed. Baekhyun hugged Kyungsoo's pillow, taking in its scent. He had gotten hold of an extra mattress but Kyungsoo still slept in his bed.

Baekhyun was secretly happy about that.

 

Kris covered Kyungsoo's sleeping body in a blanket. After eating all those pancakes, he had fallen asleep on the couch. Kris sat on the floor and admired Kyungsoo's beautiful face. No homo. He looked so peaceful with his eyes closed and lips slightly parted. Kris reached in to tug Kyungsoo's hair behind his ear. As he retreated his hand Kyungsoo unconsciously took hold of his hand.

"Don't go," he whispered.

"Please. Come back. Please come back."

Kris's heart sank as a tear escaped Kyungsoo's closed eye. Kris frowned, using his free hand to gently dry away the tear. The sleeping figure clutched his hand tighter.

"What happened to  make you like this?" Kris whispered into the early morning hour.

 

When Kyungsoo awoke, the first thing he noticed was how heavy his body felt. The next he discovered was that he wasn't at Baekhyun's and third, someone was holding his hand. That's when he remembered coming to Kris's place, the reason why he was there and the heavy feeling inside became even heavier. He sighed deeply, dreading having to go back to see his friends when suddenly he burst out laughing.

There right beside him, on the floor was a sleeping Kris. He was resting on his knees, half of his upper body flung over the sofa, forehead resting on Kyungsoo's blanket covered stomach.

The vibrations from Kyungsoo's laughter slowly woke up Kris. The guy smacked his lips a few times before turning his head towards Kyungsoo. A dumb smile stretched across Kris's face as he blinked the sleep away from his eyes.

"Morning, Kris. Sleep well in that position?"

"Huh?"
Kris lifted his head an inch. That was weird. Kyungsoo was right in his line of sight which would mean...

Kris turned to look where his head had been. Poking the soft pillow earned him a light giggle and a 'that tickles' from Kyungsoo. Finally awake enough to realize his pillow had been Kyungsoo, Kris fell backwards. He didn't fall far though. Kris was still holding onto Kyungsoo who was pulled to a sitting position and somehow managed to keep Kris from banging his head against the glass table. Kris sighed a breath of relief when he noticed their intertwined fingers. Recalling the incident on the plane, he quickly let go of Kyungsoo's hand and fell head first into the glass table. Luckily, it didn't break but Kris felt like his skull had cracked in halves.

Kyungsoo hurried to his feet and  helped Kris to lie on the sofa.

"You sir. Are an idiot. Why did you let go?"

"...Ouuuuuuuuuuuch." 

Kris held onto his head, afraid it would fall off as he lay on the couch, wriggling in pain. Kyungsoo scoffed at the big baby in front of him when he noticed a large crack in the glass table. He quickly pulled out his phone and the flash.

"Hold still."

"What?"

Kyungsoo forcefully held Kris's eyes open as he lighted into them with his phone. When his pupils shrunk, relief washed over Kyungsoo's body. He started laughing.

"You're so weird, Kyungsoo." Kris furiously blinked his eyes, trying to get rid of the spots covering his eye sight.

"Whatever. Stick out your tongue."

"What?!"
"Do you not see the big crack your giant head just caused the poor table? I'm just checking to make sure you don't have an Ischaemic . Now stick out your tongue and sing 'O Canada'."

"I'm not doing that and how the hell do you know the symptoms of Isca... Isch... a ?"

"It was on Facebook."
"You have Facebook?"
"Yeah, you should friend me"
"I willeeeeerrrrhhhh."

Kyungsoo had stuck his fingers inside Kris's mouth and pulled his tongue out. He then proceeded to sit on top of Kris's chest, holding his arms down.

"I'm not letting go until you promise to pull out your tongue on your own and sing the Canadian national anthem."

Kris struggled underneath the smaller man but to no avail.

"Hrine."

Kyungsoo translated Kris's mumble into a 'fine' and let go of his tongue, drying off his saliva covered hand on Kris chest. Kris shot him an angry stare before sticking out his tongue at Kyungsoo and blowing air from his mouth.

Coated in a thin layer of spit Kyungsoo slowly wiped his eye clear.

"You shouldn't have done that." He leaned in over Kris's face, grunting loudly so Kris could hear the revolting collection of mucus in Kyungsoo's mouth. Realization dawned on Kris's face and his eyes widened.

"You. Wouldn't. dare"

Kyungsoo flashed an evil smirk before forming an o with his mouth, giving Kris a small peak at the spit bomb of nasty awaiting his face. In one quick motion Kris got out from under Kyungsoo's hold, flipping them over. Towering over Kyungsoo, Kris held his victim's arms down over his head. Staring into Kyungsoo's wide eyes, his heart rate started going up.

 Surprised at the turn of events, Kyungsoo made the mistake of swallowing.

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeew." Kyungsoo felt like gagging as he shuddered from the disgusting taste makings its way down his throat.

Kris quickly jumped off of him. Trying to calm his heartbeat, he opted  to making fun of Kyungsoo's horrified expression.

"Ha Ha! You deserved that! Ha ha ha ouch!" Kris's hand flew to his head. Man it hurt. Kyungsoo was at his side before he knew it.

"You need to lie down."Kyungsoo took the much bigger man's arm and put it around his neck, dragging him towards the bedroom. Kyungsoo managed to put the injured man gently in the bed, tugging him in.

"I'm not a baby, Kyungsoo." Kris groaned, snuggling into the warmth of his bed.

"Clearly, that's exactly what you are. You, are not leaving this bed until I say so. Even if you need to use the bathroom you do not move or I will unleash a small family of rats in this apartment, deeming it unsanitary to live in and then where will you go?"

Kyungsoo his heel and exited the room.

Kris could hear his front door open and close again.            
        

Kris was shaken awake by a smiling Kyungsoo. Disoriented, he was manhandled into a sitting position and force-fed a spoonful of noodle soup. It was pretty good.

"Not that I don't appreciate the nice gesture and all but don't you usually only serve soup to people who have, oh I don't know a cold and not a headache?"

Kyungsoo sported a blank expression as he held the spoon in front of Kris's face.

"Shut up and eat you soup, you man-child." He forced yet another spoon of soup down Kris's throat.

"I only went out to get you aspirin but as your new role model..."
"We both know I was kidding."
"... As your new role model I thought you might be hungry and being the ever so charitable friend I am, I cooked you this delicious and nutritious homemade soup. So dig in."

Choking on another spoonful of soup, Kris asked for the time.

"It's almost noon."
"Don't you have work?"
"Not today."

Kyungsoo had called Sehun and bribed the sniffling man into going to work so Kyungsoo for the first time ever could skip work and call in sick. Sure Kyungsoo was going to be in debt with Satan's cousin but what was the worst he could ask of Kyungsoo?... Kyungsoo preferred not to think of the many, many uncomfortable possibilities. He had seen Sehun in action and if he was even the slightest like Luhan, Kyungsoo was going to bitterly regret owing the man a favor. 

"You may have a concussion which means you'll need someone to wake you every few hours which I'll be happy to do." Kyungsoo showed Kris his own phone which said he had 14 unread messages from his 'best friend'.
"Or would you rather I call this very insisting Joonmyun person?"
"NO!"

Kris squirmed at his own loud outburst.

"No. Just, you can stay. Please."
Kyungsoo laughed.
"Eat the rest of the soup, take two pills and try and get some sleep. I'll wake you up in a few." Kyungsoo again turned to leave.

"Where are you going?"
"I'm gonna take a nap on your couch."
"You can sleep in here. There's more than enough room for two..." Kris tried to hide the unwelcome blush he was sure stained his cheeks. Kyungsoo stood a while, contemplating. After a minute he jumped onto Kris's bed and snuggled under the covers.

"Fine. But don't try anything funny." He yawned as he set the alarm on his phone two hours from now.

"That's my line!"

"Whatever."

Kris put away the bowl with soup, smiling at the curled up boy lying next to him.

"Thank you."
Kyungsoo opened his eyes.

"Now I can check off two things from my to do list." Kris smiled.

"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah. Being nursed back to health and  being fed, even though it wasn't exactly romantic."
Kyungsoo smiled while snuggling closer.

 

"Next time."


A/N
I wrote this chapter when I was pretty out of ideas so its pretty bad but I'm too lazy to rewrite it :/ Hey I'm really soory :b