Symptom 01

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 01

He leaned his head back in the chair he was sitting in, and his thoughts ran wild.  He wondered if it was wise to leave him in charge.  He knew that the younger male was after his position as leader.   He has been like that since they first met.  The day Sunggyu was announced the leader of Infinite, a highly train vampire hunting team, was the day Howon started to resent Sunggyu.

It bothered Sunggyu that Howon hated him so much, but he could not show his younger companions that he is letting something like this trouble him.  He needed to maintain a healthy relationship with the kids.

He did not know how much longer this meeting was going to go on for.  They were just reporting their findings and developing new ways to fight the blood-ers.  Sunggyu knew deep down that there was something else that the council was planning on telling them?

The voices in the background irritated Sunggyu. All they could do was brag and gossip how good their team was.  There was no point in bragging, all that mattered was the job.  The job of stopping this contagion before it spread further.  Each continent was having an issue with this virus now, but no one had the correct answers anymore.  Conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory came out.  None were true, the only person who seemed to know the truth was the head of the South Korean division of vampire council, but the old geezer would not tell anyone the information he has obtained.

Sunggyu closed his eyes and took a deep breath. As much as he wanted to fall asleep right now, Sunggyu knew that he could not.   The meeting was going to be called into session soon or at least he hoped. He hated sitting around and doing nothing. Sunggyu would rather be out in the field then be at the council.  Going to the council only had one positive, and that was finally being about to get adequate amount of sleep. 

"Sunggyu..."  He heard someone call his name.  He tried to ignore her irritating voice, but Sunggyu knew he could not ignore her for too long.  He had to keep his reputation as a kindhearted man, which he wasn't. Sunggyu was a nice guy, but he hated that the image he created when this conquest to destroy the contagion began. He knew that she would continue to bother him, until he acknowledged her.  Sunggyu slowly opened his eyes and glared at the person who was interrupting his only alone time, living with six other men was not easy.

He sat up and stretched his arms above his head. Sunggyu's body felt stiff.  He hated being stuck in this tiny room.  Sunggyu rather be with his team even though he disliked some of them.  They were probable on an assignment right now. Sunggyu put on a fake smile . "What can I do for you Serri?"

"So you weren't sleeping?" She smiled brightly and sat down next to him. Serri always looked forward to these meetings at the council.  It gave her an excuse to see Sunggyu. She has been fascinated by the man since she met him at the academy around 18 years ago.  Her fascination with the small eyed man soon turned into love, but unfortunately it was only one-sided.

"Even if I was sleeping I am always aware of what is going on around me." Sunggyu said.  He did not even look at Serri.  He knew this girl liked him, but he had no feelings for her or anyone.  Sunggyu knew the dangers of falling in love with a female hunter or any female.  You never know if they are going to be changed into a blood- monster.  It would break his heart to kill someone of love, but it came with the job. People caught the contagion  and this horrible disease needed to be destroyed.

"Oppa..." She said as she grabbed onto Sunggyu's arm.  This action made him feel really uncomfortable.  He wanted to get away from her, but he needed to figure out how to do it in a kind way.  Sunggyu felt her hand run down his arm, while her other hand rested on his leg. 

"Sunggyu..." Someone else called his name.  He was cursing inside, hoping that it was not another female hunter trying to get his attention. He hated this unnecessary attention.  Sunggyu wanted to get attention for his fighting skills not for his handsome face.   Sunggy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter