Symptom 07

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 07

"ENOUGH!" Sunggyu said in a loud voice. "My decisions are final.  If you are not happy with it then you are welcome to stay here, but if you do, I will report you to Sangjangnim for not doing your duties. I am sure you do not want that." Sunggyu's eyes narrowed as he looked around the room with his arms crossed. The room went completely silent.  Sunggyu knew the best thing he could do is to threaten the kids to get what he wanted. "I take your silences as a good thing." Sunggyu was happy that they were listening to him for once, but he knew someone was itching to say some snarky comment.        

Hoya continued to glare at Sunggyu.  It was not right for him to threaten them like that.  He was using his power as leader in the wrong way. Hoya was tempted to bring it up, but there was no point; he knew that anyone else opinion would be knocked down.   Sunggyu was loved by the counsel for some reason.  He could do no wrong in their eyes.

 "If you see anything out of the ordinary, make sure you report it to me before you approach.  I want to be able to get to you if anything goes wrong.  I am in charge of your wellbeing. If anything happens to any of you I would not be able to forgive myself." Sunggyu said in a very concerned voice. He truly cared for his team, even though he did not show it often.

Hoya rolled his eyes at Sunggyu.  He did not believe the older man for one second. Hoya knew whatever came out of  Sunggyu mouth was nothing but lies.  He knew what Sunggyu really wanted to say.  That he expected no mistakes. If anyone made a mistake they would be stuck doing chores for a month.  "You are just saying that because you do not want your on the line hyung."

"Believe what you want to believe, Howon." Sunggyu said in a sour tone.  "Now, get a move on it.  We do not have all the time in the world. The more the Contagion is out there, the more that they will try and create.  We need to suppress this virus from spreading."  Once Sunggyu said that everyone had disappeared, and made their way to Namsan Tower.

Sunggyu sighed deeply and turned his head towards Myungsoo and Hoya, "Let's get moving."  Sunggyu broke out in a run and a speed that was not normal for a human.  Vampire Hunters had enhances senses and their abilities mimic those of the Contagion without the need to blood.  It was a skill that needed to be taught at a very young age,  if you started late, you would not be cut out to be a hunter.

Sunggyu's eyes narrowed when they arrived at their locations.  In the past this place would be filled with happy couples and families spending time together, but that does not happen anymore.  The fear of losing their minds to the Contagion haunts them every day.

"Hyung..."

Sunggyu heard Myungsoo call his name, but he ignored it.  He was lost in his own thoughts.  Being here was only bringing up memories of when his family used to visit this place.

"Hey hyung..." Myungsoo suddenly grabbed onto Sunggyu's arm and looked at the ma with a concerned look on his face.  He has never seen Sunggyu act like this before.   The older man seemed to be on another planet.   "Is everything alright, you do not seem like yourself."

"I'm fine, L. We need to keep moving." Sunggyu sighed deeply and regained his composer.  He was not going to allow his thoughts to drift off to that place again.  Sunggyu needed to be focused, if he was unfocused then a mistake would be made.  Sunggyu would not allow himself to make a mistake.  He has already made too many mistakes in his life time; Sunggyu was not about to make another one.

---

Seomin looked around the grounds of Namsan Tower, she was getting an ominous feeling in the pit of her stomach.  Something truly evil was here.  Seomin was starting to believe that this was his hideout. It fit his personality perfectly, something that was once beautiful that is now abandoned. She knew the man constantly change where he tested on the human race to make a Contagion that was more dangerous than the first and second generations for this horrible virus.

The hood of her caplet that hide her face from the outside world, fell down as the wind blew.  It was a cool autumn night. The air was crisp, and it was quiet. The only sound Seomin heard was the ruffling of leaves beneath her feet.  She needed a sign or something. 

She walked along the Reed of Light Garden that was once lit, when times were much happier.  Seomin paused for a moment when she heard a noise behind her.  She turned around quickly and had her sword resting on the shoulder of one of those infected, but this poor soul who impure with the Contagion seemed different.  It seem to not be a mindless creature.

"What are you?"  She asked as she looked into the man's crimson eyes.  There was still warmth in them, but she knew that he was pure evil.  Seomin could tell that he was itching for blood, but trying hard to hold himself back.  She hoped that there was a way to save him, his human side was still dominate.

"I am here to destroy you!"

---

Sungjong looked at Dongwoo as they walked together.   He did not know what to say to the older man.  Sungjong ran a hand through his pink hair.  He was thinking about changing his hairstyle soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter