Symptom 29

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 29

"Nephew!" They all shouted. 

"Sung...Sunggyu...Sunggyu hyung is your nephew?" Sungyeol was shocked.  He never expected something like this, no wonder Jungyeop was protective of Sunggyu, they were related.

"He never talked about being your nephew. Does he even know?" Woohyun asked with his arms crossed. He would not be surprised if Jungyeop lied to Sunggyu about being related.  The older man has already lied about him being a half vampire, who knows what else he was lied to about.

"No, he doesn't!" Jungyeop sighed.

"Are you trying to torment hyung more that he already is?" Hoya snapped.  He could not take all the lies anymore, it was becoming too much.

"He already going through a lot, revealing that I am his uncle would only make things worse." Jungyeop sighed, "Sunggyu is emotionally unstable! He was resting here after having a panic attack, when your mission at Namsan Tower ended. But he did not come here first.  He was attacked after protecting someone from a Contagion during the mission, and was discovered by, and saved by the half vampire."

"What! How long have these panic attacks have been going on?" Sungyeol asked. "What, so that is where Gyu hyung was? We thought he was avoiding us."

"Since the massacre of his...," Dongwoo answered.

 "Are you seriously thinking that telling him the truth would it make things worse." Hoya interrupted Dongwoo, not even caring.  He needed to get his anger out.  "Sunggyu hyung already believes he has lost everything.  If he finds out that he had a living relative all along, yes he will be upset, but I think he will be more angry than anything. If what you say is true, that he is emotionally unstable, maybe, just maybe he will listen to you, a relative!" Hoya ran his hand through his hair.  He could not believe that Sunggyu had a living relative this whole time, and it was their boss. "Do that is why hyung was MIA after that mission."

"He wants revenge, if you tell him the truth Gyuzizi might forget about his revenge." Dongwoo sighed as he glared at Jungyeop. He had no clue about Sunggyu being their bosses Nephew, "That is never going to happen, Sunggyu hyung is fixated on  killing Heechul."

"I know he will not give up on his revenge, even if I told him the truth! Sunggyu will not be at peace until Heechul is gone."

 "And the girl?"

 "What girl?"

 "The half-vampire! The girl you assigned to him as his mission. The girl that hyung is ually attracted to, but to stubborn to act on his emotions because he knows how dangerous love is. Sunggyu of all people knows it consequences."

"Oh, that girl…" Jungyeop bit his lip, "She is Heechul's first experiment that was not fully consumed by the virus.  She is an odd being and we want to know more about these half-vampires. We want to know if she is the only one."

 "Isn't Sunggyu hyung one?"

 "Not exactly"

 "What do you mean not exactly! Than what is he?"

"It's complicated, I will explain another time.  I need to get an update on the search party I sent out for Sunggyu." Jungyeop walked towards the door of the conference room, but Hoya stepped in front of him. "Lee Howon, what are you doing."

"I do not care how complicated it is, hyung.  You need to stop keeping us in the dark and explain to us exactly what Sunggyu hyung is. We want to help him trough this and do what we can for him."

"I told you it is complicated!"

"You don't know what he is, do you?" Sungyeol asked.

"I don't know what you talking about."

"You're lying."

 ---

The structure of the building was surprisingly in place despite the ruins surrounding the once grand home of the Kim's, a place that Myungsoo spent his holidays' with Sunggyu's family. A place that used to feel so warm, but now it was nothing but cold. 

Myungsoo and Sungjong made their way across the courtyard towards the back of the house to the mansions of the hedge maze.  Myungsoo had this uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach as they were about to walk around the corner, coming to sudden stop when he saw them. He grabbed onto the back of Sungjong's shirt and pulled him behind the wall, hoping their location was not compromised.    

"Hyung…"

"Shhh…" Myungsoo looked around the corner and saw two vampires watching Baby Soul as she slept near the edge of the maze.   Myungsoo's fist clenched when he saw dried blood on her forehead, her wrist bounded, but sighed with relief when he saw no blood on her neck. They haven't drank from her yet, it was not too late. They could still save her.

"What's the plan?" Sungjong whispered.

"I am still trying to think of one." Myungsoo but his lip. This was something he never experienced before in his training at the academy.  Rarely did they rescue people who were kidnapped by the contagion. They were taught at a young age that it would be too late for the person who was captured.

"How can you not think of something?"

"Because I don't know what to do. I have never experienced a situation like this before.  Sunggyu hyung knows what to do, but he is missing right now. Why did he have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter