Symptom 06

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 06

He laid there for a while, staring at the ceiling, feeling like the air was getting thinner and thinner as each moment passed.   It might be because they have an extra guest in their room, but that was not the care.  Myungsoo knew that he should not be acting this way.  He was the one who invited Sungjong to spend the night. Myungsoo knew that it was not the group's maknae that was bothering him, it was Sunggyu and Sungyeol who were making him feel uneasy.

Myungsoo sighed deeply and tried to get the sleep that he needed.  He has insomnia like most of Infinite and the vampire hunting community.  Myungsoo turned to his side and the bed creaked loudly.

"Go to sleep Myunggie," Sungyeol said in a husky voice was he rolled over on his side.  He was woken up by Myungsoo's creaking bed.  Sungyeol could not believe Sungjong cold sleep through anything.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes at the older man.  He could not believe Sungyeol was yelling at him.  He barely made a noise.  Myungsoo knew that the creaking sound his bed made was what Sungyeol was complaining about. , "It is not like you are sleeping, anyway!"

"I am not sleeping because of that creaking sound that you made."  Sungyeol said as he looked at the younger man and then Sungjong.  Sungyeol raised an eyebrow and looked at their maknae hug his giant bear.  Sungyeol thought that he looked so cute with the poor bear that Sungjong abused.

"It is your fault that you are a light sleeper." Myungsoo said as he closed his eyes.  He was going to try to sleep.  He knew that he needed sleep.  Myungsoo needed to be ready for this mission.

"It is good that I am a light sleeper. What if a vampire broke into our dorm? I would be the one to hear it and to kill it." Sungyeol said in a confident voice.   He knew that he was a coward, but he did not want to show that to Myungsoo. 

"Will you two please shut up." Sungjong said in a deep, husky voice.  He could not believe that they were arguing about stupid stuff like this. Who cares if the bed made a creaking sound.  Did Sungyeol expect no one to breath?  "I need my beauty rest to be able to function tomorrow.  If you wake me up again. I WILL KILL YOU!" Sungjong was annoyed, and hoped that his threat would work.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol were not expecting a y, sleepy voice to come out of their adorable maknae's, rosy lips. He sounded so manly, but the white bear toned that manliness down a bit.  

"We were just..." Sungyeol bit his lips. He did not know what to day to Sungjong.   Sungyeol knew that the kids bear's name constantly, depending who he was mad at.  It changes from Sunggyu to Woohyun to Hoya to himself.  Sungyeol knew that Sungjong's bear was named Hoya right now, at least he hoped it was named Hoya.

"He was just being annoying." Myungsoo said in a tired voice.  "When he cannot sleep, no one is allowed to sleep."

"Yahh where did you get that from, Myunggie?" Sungyeol asked. "Of course you can sleep, but just don't make any more noise."

---

His breathing got heavier as he tossed and turned in his bed.  The sheets tangled around his feverish body causing Sunggyu to feel trapped. He always felt trapped anymore. For the past two years he continued trying to break out of labyrinth that was preventing him from returned to the man that he used to be.  The man that was not a coward.

Sunggyu...

Sunggyu...

Hey hyung....

Sunggyu felt someone shaking him, "Hyung." Sunggyu tried to ignore it.  He did not want to wake up.  If he woke up he would return to the life that he was not meant to have.  He was supposed to be dead.  Those vampires were after him, not his family.  Sunggyu gripped onto the sheets that were not twisted around his body. Just thinking about them broke his heart. They did not need to die.

"HYUNG!" The man yelled his name once again.  It could not be helped.  Sunggyu had to wake up.  The older man was obviously in a lot of pain.  He would not have screamed.  He would not be covered in a cold sweat, if he was not in pain.

Sunggyu's eyes open slowly and he looked at the younger man who was sitting on his bed,  staring at him  with a worried expression on his face. "Hyung are you alright? You are covered in sweat?" The younger man placed a hand on the older man's forehead.  He was burning up.

"I'm fine Hyun ah." Sunggyu said in a raspy voice as he tried to sit up, but he was having difficulty moving his body. His back hit the bed once again. Sunggyu felt like there was a ton of brinks on him, it was suffocating. Sunggyu finally managed to sit up and looked into Woohyun worried eyes. . 

"You don't look fine..." Woohyun leaned closer to Sunggyu's face.  The older man looked like .  He was pale, and seemed to have a high fever.  Woohyun did not like it.  He could see the stress taken a toll on the older man.  Woohyun reached towards Sungygu and placed to hands on Sunggyu's  warm cheeks that were not as full as they used to be, "Hyung your burning up."

"I'm fine." Sunggyu said in an annoyed voice.  He knew he was sick and did not understand where his illness came from.  Sunggyu felt fine when they got home.  What changed? "I just need a cold shower, Hyun ah. What time is it? Is it time yet?"

"No, we have a few more hours..." Woohyun looked at Sunggyu with a worried expression on his face. He did not understand why the older man was lying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter