Symptom 13

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 13

"Sunggyu is your nephew?" The twins said at the same time.

Jungyeop looked at the twins and smacked his forehead.  He could not believe Jongwan just said that Sunggyu was his nephew out loud.  Now he was going to need to explain himself to the twins, and that was something Jungyeop did not want to do. It was none of their business. Jongyeop took a deep breath, "Sunggyu is my nephew.  His mother was my older sister, but she was killed by the Contagions. I think it has been almost three years now."  Jungyeop looked at Sunggyu and watched as his chest rose and fall. At least the kid was breathing normally, but Jungyeop still felt responsible for Sunggyu ending up like this.

"I see...does Sunggyu know?" Daeryong asked as he looked at Sunggyu. The younger male's hair was soaked with sweat. Daeryong could see water droplets streaming down his cheek.  He was unsure if they were tears or swear. Daeryong took a deep breath as he ran his hand through his mess brown hair.  One of the things he hated the most was seeing Sunggyu like this.  Sunggyu was someone who was not weak, but everything changed when he lost everything.  The pain the kid went through that day was something unforgettable and unforgivable. Sunggyu distended himself from everything, and his smiled faded.

"No..." Jungyeop said with his arms crossed.  "It is not the right time to tell him.  I do not need to add more to his plate. Sunggyu is already juggling a lot and does not need the stress. He is already stressed out enough, dealing with a broken team, who want nothing to do with him."  Jungyeop walked over to where Sunggyu was laying and sat down in the wooden chair by his bed.  "I need you two to check on his team."  Jungyeop said in a calm voice. 

"Are you ever going to tell him, hyung?" Daeryong asked, completely ignoring the fact that their boss asked them to check in on Sunggyu's team.  What could those kids have done since they left them two hours ago.   Daeryong was sure Dongwoo was handling everything fine. Not like those idiots could blow up their apartment.

"What do we say to them, sir?" Soryong asked as he looked at the older man, and then Sunggyu's sleeping figure.   It hurt Soryong to see Sunggyu like this. He could remember that day clearly when high ranking members of the council arrive.  Sunggyu would have done something he regretted if Dongwoo was not holding him back.  "They probably know something is up by now.  Sunggyu is not the type of person who will disappear for a long period of time. "  His eyes went towards Sunggyu when started to squirm in his sleep.

"Sunggyu..." Jongwan said as he walked over to the bed and caught Sunggyu's arm before he could pull the IV out of his arm.  Sunggyu started to screaming in his sleep, tears started to stream down his face.  "We need to wake him up..."

"Doesn't he need sleep to get better?" Jungyeop asked and looked at the twins.  "What are you two still doing here. I thought I told you to check on the rest of Infinite, and I want you to bring Dongwoo here, immediately. If he is sleeping..." Jungyeop bit his lip, "I don't care what you do to wake him up, just bring him here."

"We are going sir." The twins bowed before leaving the room. Infinite's apartment was not far from the council. just a few blocks.  

"He does, but the nightmares he continues to have makes it seems like he has not slept at all." Jongwan answered. He looked at Sunggyu and was going to attempt to wake him.  He hopped the younger man would not be delirious like before. Jongwan placed a hand on Sunggyu's shoulder. "Sunggyu yaa...Sunggyu."

Sunggyu eyes popped open and he grabbed on the first thing he could get his hands on and that was Jongwan. Sunggyu was gasping for air.  

---

"Are you really going out there again?" Kibum asked as he watched Seomin put on her caplet.  "It is too dangerous for you to go out there alone." Kibum said as he continued to watch her.  She was safer here with him.

"Key, you need to stop worrying about me.  I can handle vampires perfectly fine. I am able to detect them quicker than others."  Seomin said as she pulled her caplets hood up. "If you want you can come with me."

"It's raining..." Kibum pouted as he sat on the kitchen table, eating an apple. "You know how much I do not like the rain." Kibum looked the girl and sighed.  He had a feeling that she was not going out to hunt vampires.  She was going out to see if that hunter was ok.  The man still looked sick when he left.

"Poor Kitty...." Seomin smirked, "But that did not stop you the last time it rained.  Don't you remember? You scratched Sunggyu's face when I met him for the first time." Seomin bit her lip and could not help, but worry about the Vampire Hunter, even though they were supposed to be enemies.  Seomin was worried about the man's well-being.  She asked him if he wanted to stay longer, but he told her he already overstayed his visit. 

"You're thinking about that hunter, aren't you, Seo?" Kibum asked as he looked at Seomin. "You should not be thinking of that hunter.  He will bring you nothing but misfortune "

"I cannot be concerned about him?  He did not look well when he left here.  He had an extremely high fever.  I could tell by how his white blood cells were reacting to his body."  Seomin said as she glared at Kibum, "You're a black cat, you're the one who brings people misfortune.

"I do not bring people misfortune Seo..." Kibum sighed as he took another bit of his apple, "Is that why you are going up to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter