Symptom 02

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 02

He was annoyed and could not believe that the hyung that he admired so much would place him with this idiot.  He watched as the older man do nothing, nothing to help them gain the advantage on the contagion that was near their current location, an abandoned warehouse. The smell of sulfur filled that air and it made Sungjong feel uneasy, making it difficult for him to smell those brainless creatures.  His long pink hair fell into his big, brown eyes as he glared at the older man that he hated.

"Hey kid don't look at me like that." The older man growled. Those eyes were judging him.  He hated being judged by someone who was worthless in his eyes.  He could not understand how the vampire hunting council allowed this weak kid to graduate.  The man knew they saw something in Sungjong. but he was unable to see what they thought was special about the kid.  "I did not wanted to be teamed up with someone so weak and timid in the first place.  Howon thinks he is a good leader but he is not. He is just as bad as Sunggyu hyung."  He could not believe Hoya paired him with his little pet.

"Weak?" Sungjong growled.  "I am not weak you bastard."  He could not believe those hurtful words came out of Woohyun's mouth.  He knew the older man was insecure about himself and that is why he says hurtful words.  The older man was also stubborn and it seemed, like Hoya, he was also after Sunggyu's position as leader.  Sungjong missed the old Hoya, but he still looked up to the older man despite his bitter personality lately.  Their relationship with each other was better when they were back at the academy, learning how to be hunters.

"Yes, you are Sungjong ah." The man smirked as he placed a hand on the taller males head and started to play with the younger males pink hair, twirling it through his fingers.  "People can't take you seriously with that pink hair of yours. Aren't you supposed to be deadly."

"Why do you care what color my hair is Woohyun? You should not judge a person's skills by their appearance, they may surprise you." Sungjong yelled. He pushed Woohyun away and held himself back from what he really wanted to do to the older male.  Sungjong was going to save what he was planning to do to Woohyun to his bear tonight.

Woohyun went completely silent.  He did not expect Sungjong would act that way. Woohyun knew that the kid was a diva, but this time it felt different, a feeling that he could not describe. Woohyun eyes widened when he saw the vampire appear behind Sungjong.  He knew that Sungjong was going to be attacked.  He knew that that  the vampire saw Sungjong as an easy target, which Woohyun knew that was not true, even if he denies it. Woohyun lifted his gun and pointed it at the vampire. 

"What are you doing?" Sungjong asked as he noticed that Woohyun was pointing his gun at him.  He was playing a game.  Sungjong knew that there was a fitly, blood er behind him. Sungjong wanted the vampire to believe he had the advance, but the truth was they the monster was falling into his trap.

Woohyun pulled the trigger and shot the vampire that was behind Sungjong in the head.  His blood splattered everywhere, but before the vampire could hit the ground, three more vampires appeared. 

---

Hoya appeared next to Dongwoo suddenly, causing the older man to jump.  Dongwoo was shocked that Hoya appeared so suddenly.  He did not even hear the younger male approach him.

"Where have you seen movement, hyung?" Hoya asked with no emotion in his voice. He wanted to know why Dongwoo would call him if he did not spot a vampire, but he was going to get to the bottom of it.

"I do not think it was a vampire I saw." Dongwoo sighed as he avoided Hoya's cold eyes.  Dongwoo used to get along  with Hoya, but things changed once Sunggyu was made the leader of their team.  He believe the council made the correct decision choosing Sunggyu.

"Then what did you see?" Hoya said with frustration in his voice.  "A GHOST!" Hoya ran a hand through his wet dark brown hair.  He could not believe Dongwoo cried wolf.  Hoya knew that Dongwoo did not see anyone. He just wanted attention from the young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter