Symptom 17

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 17

Sunggyu froze when he heard her voice and wondered why she was here.  He continued to hold his sword at her neck.  Was she trying to trick him? Is that why she was so nice to him before?  Did she know that he was the son of the scientist trying to create a cure?

"Sunggyu..." She looked at him and wondered that was wrong with him.  Seomin placed a hand on his sword and moved it away from her neck.  Her blood started to drip onto the ground and she knew he blood was going to attacked the wrong type of attention.  Seomin knew her rare blood was attractive to the Contagions, they were going to be here at any moment.

"I asked you a question." Sunggyu said coldly.  "Why are you trespassing here? These grounds are..." Sunggyu took a deep breath and knew that he could not let his anger take over.  He needed to gain Seomin's trust, if he was rude to her she would never trust him, but he could not help it.  She was trespassing on his family property, but Sunggyu sold it to the Hunting Council who decided not to do anything with the property, the mansion just remained as it was, but the foundation was beginning to crumble.

"I should ask you the same thing? Aren't you trespassing too, Sunggyu?"  Seomin asked as she rose to her feet with the picture frame in her hand, that she has yet to look at.  She noticed that Sunggyu's body stiffened and his heart began to race.   Seomin could sense that he was still unwell, his blood seemed warmer than normal.  She wondered why he was walking around, "Shouldn't you be resting?"

Sunggyu put his sword away and took a step towards Seomin, all he wanted back was that picture frame that held the picture of the last birthday he celebrated with them. He was not going to answer any of her annoying questions. NO ONE had the right to know his personal life, and the pain that he went through.   

"Sung..." Seomin felt her back hit the wall and watched as Sunggyu place one hand by her head while he placed his other hand on the picture frame she was holding onto. He leaned forward until he was centimeters away from her lips.  Her eyes widened when she saw specs of crimson in his eyes, and wondered if he was infected by the Contagion.

"I am not trespassing Miss. Seomin.  This place was my home growing up.  My parents were always busy working and I was always at the academy, so I did not get to see them much. I always visited when I had free time, and they dropped everything to spend time with me. A few years ago I was visiting them after and important mission and that was when I..." Sunggyu bit his lip; he could not believe he was confessing this to Seomin.  "When I discovered them brutally murdered. Their blood was drained from their bodies, and..." Sunggyu moved Seomin;s hair out of the way, placing his fingers on the nook of her neck, "they had deep bite marks on their necks...this place..." Sunggyu heard a noise behind him and pulled a gun out of his jacket and shot a bullet through the Contagions head; he watched it as the disgusting creature fall to the ground and turned to ash.  "Damn it..." Sunggyu said as he suddenly grabbed onto Seomin's wrist and pulled her along. 

Seomin could not believe Sunggyu was the son of the Kim's.  She read that there was a sole survivor, but when she first met the man, Seomin never thought that Sunggyu was the last survivor of that famous family. "Where are you taking me? I cannot leave Key here to die."

"He has nine lives. I am sure he will be fine." Sunggyu said coldly. "If you stay here any longer they are going to find you and try and kidnap you. I cannot allow that to happen Seomin." Sunggyu looked at her with a serious expression on his face, "You're blood is rare and that horrible man seems to be after it."

"You know about him?" Seomin stopped and looked at Sunggyu with a strange expression on her face.

"Of course I know about him.  He was the one who murdered my family, but I want him to face me like a man so I can kill him. I do not want him to send his pawns after me." Sunggyu said in a bitter tone.  He was showing a side to him that he rarely showed to others.  His thirst for revenge grew as each day passed.  There was no way in stopping him from getting his revenge. Sunggyu would stop anyone who get in his way.

"You know killing him is not going to bring your family back, revenge is never a good option Sunggyu.  It is only going..." Seomin froze when Sunggyu turned her around and he pulled her close.  He leaned close to her ear and whispered.  

"Do not tell me what to do..." Sunggyu said in a dark tone.  "If I do not kill him he is only going to hurt someone else.  He was the one who created this virus and killed my parents because they were looking for the cure.  They were so close in finding one, but before they could finish conducting experiments on the vaccine they created, he killed them, but not only my parents.  He also killed  my older sister, her husband, my niece and nephew.  He also killed my grandparents.  If I was with my family I could have prevented this from happening and they would still be here today.  They did not deserve to die...it should have been me."

"I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter