Symptom 20

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 20

Myungsoo sighed deeply as he headed down the dark hallway towards the kitchen which was his only source of light, and wondered who was still awake at this time.  He bit his lip before he walked into the kitchen to see Sungjong asleep at the wooden table.  Sungjong's pink hair covered his porcelain-like face.  Myungoo knew the kid needed plenty of rest, he was still injured, and was using energy that he did not have.  Sungjong had to go to the council for a checkup, but all of them had to now because the kid decided to hide his wound, "Shouldn't you take him to bed, Hyung" Myungsoo spoke in a cold tone. 

"I was about to, Myungsoo. Can you take care of the cat for me? You know what would happen if Gyu hyung discovers it." Hoya said as he kneeled down on the ground and grabbed onto Sungjong's arms, pulling the younger male onto his back.  When Hoya knew Sungjong was secured, he grabbed onto the kid's legs before standing up.    "Make sure you get some sleep too. We have to go to the council tomorrow." Hoya said before leaving Myungsoo alone.

"You can show your true appearance now…" Myungsoo said looked at the black cat with his arms cross.

Key transformed into his human form, appearing in front of Myungsoo.  He was sitting on the table with his legs crossed; a sly smirk appeared on his face.  Key flipped his blonde bangs out of his cat-like eyes, "How did you know?"  Key started to play with his key necklace that was dangling from a long silver chain around his neck.

"I was trained to see through deception." Myungsoo sighed, and looked at the man again.  He wondered why he was here, normally different beings did not bother with each other, especially when there were hunters around. "No one can pull a fast one on me.  I know Gyu hyung is lying about something. I know that he is hiding something in his room, but I know it is not my place to question my leader. I respect him too much to ask him why he is hiding a female in his room."

"Such a smart kid..." Key said as he got off of the table and walked over to Myungsoo and started to walk around him, "You're one interesting human or should I say hunter. How did a good-looking young man get into such a violent business." Key said as he placed an arm around Myungsoo neck, hugging. "Such a handsome boy should have a story to tell." Key whispered into Myungsoo's ear.

"There are two types of human and it is easy to categorize what type of human I am, but being handsome does not mean you can do a job like this." Myungsoo sighed. "Why were you outside of our dorm, in your cat form, Anthropopathy?"

"So you know what I am?" Key smirked as he continued to hug Myungsoo.

"I do, but I do not care about that! I want to know why you are here." Myungsoo stared at the man with a cold gaze.  "Don't think about lying to me because I can tell when someone is lying."

"I'm here to discuss something with Sunggyu sii..." Key said, "He knows someone who is important to me, and I think he may know her whereabouts. You mentioned before that you think your leader is hiding a girl in his room. I think it is true because I saw your hyung earlier.."

"Hyungnim is not well right now; he is has not left this dorm. He would not leave the dorm in the condition that he is in." Myungsoo said in an annoyed tone as he placed a hand around Key's wrist, pulling him off. He turned around and glared at the man.

"Are you sure?" Key smirked as he looked at Myungsoo. "He returned to that place that is now ruins, that place he used to call home."

Myungsoo froze and looked at Key, "What?"

"He went to that place that he used to call home.  I never knew Sunggyu sii was the son and only surviving member of the Kim family, the ones who were trying to find a cure for the Contagion."

Myungsoo's fist clenched, "Hyung would not go there.  He knows what that placed does to him.  Stop lying."

"I'm not lying. I saw him there."

---

Sunggyu pushed Seomin off of him before sitting up.  He looked over at the girl who was glaring at him with her piercing crimson eyes.  "Don't look at me like that, you know that you will regret it later, when you are sane again."

"I'm sane enough to know what I want, and your blood smells like something I have never smelt before in my life, it's tempting."  Seomin leaned closer to Sunggyu and smirked.  "Having one little taste of your blood makes me want..."  Seomin suddenly grabbed her head, closing her eyes to suppress the pain.

"Seomin sii..." Sunggyu spoke in a gentle voice as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Take a deep breath and you will be fine.  I know that you can control these cravings, you just need to believe in yourself." Sunggyu whispered into her ear.

Seomin eyes opened slowly and she looked into Sunggyu's concerned eyes. Her eyes were a soft chocolate brown again, "Sunggyu sii?"

"Welcome back..." Sunggyu's smiled and his eyes disappeared, but his eyes darted towards the door when he heard shouting.  He got off of his bed and looked at Seomin, Stay here..."

Sunggyu walked out of his room and towards the kitchen.  He saw Myungsoo and Key, sighing deeply.  "What is going on here?" Sunggyu raised his voice.  His eyes darted to Key and wondered why he was here.

Gyu...Gyu...Sunggyu Hyung..." Myungsoo said in a shocked tone. He felt terrible for disturbing the older man.  Myungsoo knew that he was going to get in a lot of trouble.. "I thought you were resting."

"How can I rest when you are arguing with this sly cat." Sunggyu said in an annoyed voice. "Kim Kibum, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to make sure Seo was safe. She brought you home from that place. It seems like you are doing fine. You're medicine mus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter