Symptom 30

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 30

"I have to go…" Sunggyu looked at Seomin with nothing but worry in his eyes. He could sense his friends were in grave danger because of him. Sunggyu would not be able to live with himself if something happened to the two youngest of his former team.

"I'm coming with you!" Seomin said as she looked at Key. Her eyes were telling him to give them privacy for a moment. She watched as he rolled his eyes, leaving the room. Seomin knew he was not going to leaver her alone with Sunggyu for to long. She knew that Kibum knew that if was difficult to keep their hands off of eachother.

"No, it is too dangerous and…" Sunggyu knew that he was walking into a trap. He knew that bastard was using his dongsaeng as bait. This was Heechul's way to lead him out of hiding. Sunggyu knew he wanted Seomin, and his threats were becoming reality, Heechul stated in the letter that he will harm his friends if he did not do what he wanted. And what that manipulative bastard wanted was the woman standing in front of him, Seomin. "My team is in danger because of me. They are my responsibility, not yours."

"I want to help you rescue your friends because I know how much they mean to you. One of the blood who was working in Heechul's club informed me that you would sacrifice yourself for them. How you value their lives more than your own." Seomin continues to stare into his eyes. "I cannot let you die. You are just as important as me. It is possible to find a cure for this Contagion with our blood."

"Because I value my friendship with my team even though I don't show it often, I care for them deeply. They are my responsibility, and the only family I have left. I appreciate your concern, but I cannot allow you to put your life in the line. If I die, then your blood will save others. You were the experiment that got away."

"I can handle myself. I have been taking care of myself for the past seven years. I will be the experiment that keeps getting away. I will not live my life in fear due to some psychopath who wants to infect the world."

"I know you can handle yourself, but this is not your battle." Sunggyu placed a hand on her shoulder, "I…I..."

“This is my battle as much as it is, you’re. You to not need to keep things from me Kim Sunggyu.”

"I can't tell you, but you must stay here with Key or he will get you."

"I'm not afraid of Heechul and as I said before this is my battle as well. I need to face him eventually, better sooner than later." Seomin was going to continue to stand her ground. She knew Sunggyu met well, but this needed to end.

Sunggyu sighed deeply and knew he was not going to be able to argue with her since he was afraid to tell her the truth. He knew that she was going to come with him no matter what. Seomin was very persistent, someone who does not take no as an answer. "Fine, you can come with me, but if I tell you to run, you run."

"And leave you, no way."

"Seomin…"

"Fine, I will do that one thing for you, but you must promise me something." Seomin took a step forward and placed a hand on his chest. “Don’t die!”

"I won't die, I promise..." Sunggyu leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips.

"I thought I told you to keep your distance from her!" Key growled as he reentered the room.

"I am keeping my distance." Sunggyu smirked as he rested his forehead against Seomin. He was just doing this to taunt the cat.

"This not keeping your distance Kim Sunggyu!" Key growled. He looked at his best friend and the hunter.

"Kibum, calm down. It was just a kiss.”

“It was not just a kiss earlier.” Kibum sighed. “But we have other matters to deal with, don’t we? A rescue mission.”

“You are coming with us, right?" Seomin asked.

"Do you really think I would allow you do spring this trap on your own. You are going to need a distraction to help your friends escape and I am a perfect distraction, besides, I am in the mood to torment some of Heechul's minions.”

---

"You really shouldn't stop him from talking." Myungsoo looked at Tao and then Luhan. "I will find out the truth no matter what, trust me vampire, you don't want to get on my bad side."

"You really should listen to L hyung, he can be quite scary when he is upset."

"Scary? He does not look scary to me. He is just another one of those flower boys who used his looks to get through school." Tao crossed his arms. "L is the kind of person I hate the most."

"You shouldn't judge a book by its cover." A tired voice spoke.

"Soojung…your awake!"

"And you two are idiots! How do powerful sunbaes get caught by these leeches? I thought you two were smarter than that, especially you L sunbae."

“And I’m not smart?” Sungjong asked.

“I didn’t mean it that way Sungjong. The teachers in the academy describe L sunbae as some prodigy. Someone who would not be dumb enough to get himself caught.”

"It's complicated." Myungsoo answered.

“Complicated, please enlighten me on how it was so easy for these leeches to capture you.”

"Leeches..." Tao glared at Baby Soul.

"That is what you are, leeches. You leech off human blood in order to survive. Do you think holding us as prisoners will lure Sunggyu Sunbaebim to you, your wrong? He will not fall for such a cheap trick. He is smarter than that and you will not turn him into a monster."

Tao kneeled in front of Soojung and grabbed onto her chin. "I would drop the sass if I were you, princess. The sunbae you admire so much has already been infected. He needs human blood to survive, just not as much as Luhan and I, but that will soon change once Heechul is done with him. He will finally complete his life mission."

"So, Sunbaenim is still a good pers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter