Symptom 16

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 16

"So what is the plan Dongwoo hyung?" Sungyeol asked as they arrived at their mission location, the graveyard.  It was the eeriest looking graveyard Sungyeol has ever seen.  It has been abandoned for centuries, and the rumor that was going on that vampires buried their dead here. Vines and weeds were growing everywhere,  the gothic buildings were crumbling, and the smell of death fill the air, "Um...Dongwoo hyung?"

The wind blew, ruffling the leaves beneath their feet. "Hajimaaaaaa" Dongwoo jumped and hugged onto Hoya, burring his face into Hoya's back.  He felt like someone touch him and he knew it was not any of the Infinite members.   Of all the times he had to be leader, their mission had to be in a graveyard that probably had more ghost than vampires.  What was Sunggyu thinking for letting him be the leader, moments like this Dongwoo regretted being the second oldest. Sunggyu had to know the mission was going to be in a graveyard, this had to be a test.  Dongwoo was on the verge of tears, he was trying to be strong, but he gave into his fears.

"Jonggie, I think you should be Dongwoo hyung's partner today." Hoya said as he looked at the older man with disbelieve.  He knew Dongwoo got scared easily and to this day, he wondered why he became a Vampire Hunter.  They always had to face death, and Dongwoo always seemed to be ok with that.  Hoya sighed as he tried to pry Dongwoo arms from around his waist, but as soon as he was free from Dongwoo's grip, the older man hugged him again.

"Hyung, I think he wants to be with you, I cannot blame him for not wanting to be with you.  I do not think I can come between this bromance, it so touching." Sungjong smirked as he looked at Hoya.  He would not mind working with Dongwoo hyung again, but it was out of his control this time.  "I can work well with anyone, so problem solved." Sungjong sighed when Hoya gave him 'the look.' " I know that you want to be my partner to protect me, but I can handle myself.  You do not need to worry about my injury from our previous mission.  I can work through the pain."

Hoya sighed as he looked at Sungjong, "Fine, I will work with Dongwoo hyung, but I am not okay with you saying that you will work through the pain.  If you were still in pain, you should have stayed home with Sunggyu hyung."

"Are you the only person who is allowed to go on missions when you are injured? Stop acting like an overprotective parent. I am not a child anymore, hyung.  I will be fine." Sungjong crossed his arms and flipped his hair out of his eyes. He knew if he stayed home, Sunggyu would nag the living hell out of him, and his teddy bear would feel his wrath. 

"L and I will work together."  Sungyeol volunteer as he looked at Myungsoo.   He noticed that he had his poker face on again. Sungyeol knew that  Myungsoo only used the name L when they were on missions, and whenever he asked him why Myungsoo used the letter L, he was never given a clear answer.  He believe Myungsoo used L to hide his insecurities from others, he knew for a fact that Myungsoo was a bit of a weirdo.  Sungyeol missed the innocent, lost child from a few days ago.  

"Who says I want to work with you?"  L glared at Sungyeol.  He looked towards Sungjong, hoping he could be his partner.  Like Hoya, L wanted to protect Sungjong, his only dongsaeng.

"Woohyun hyung, let's work together." Sungjong said with a weak smile.  He knew this request was going to be a shock to everyone.  He reached out and grabbed the older wrist, dragging him along. "We are going this way! If anything happens I will contact you."

"Yahhh Lee Sungjong." Woohyun yelled as he allowed their maknae to drag him along.

"Come-on hyung we are going this away." Hoya said as he grabbed onto Dongwoo's wrist pulling him along. 

"I guess that means you are stuck with me Myunggie..." Sungyeol smirked, giving Myungsoo a gummy smile. 

---

Sunggyu  put his on his black jacket, he knew if anyone found out what he was doing, they would scold him, tell him that he should rest more.  He no longer cared if he acted reckless, nothing would ever get done if he rested for too long.  He was not going to be able to avenge his family if he just sat here, doing nothing.  Sunggyu needed to work on his relationship with that half-blood, Seomin, gaining her trust is crucial, but he did not only want to gain her trust.  There was something about Seomin

He pulled his hood up, concealing his face.  Sunggyu sighed deeply as he grabbed his pill container off of his bedside table,  he popped open the lid, pouring a black capsule into his hand.  He stared at it for a few minutes before popping the pill in his mouth, swallowing it.  His eyes flashed red for a moment, returning to brown moments later; Sunggyu felt his body starting to relax, feeli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter