Symptom 18

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 18

Dongwoo looked around the room and froze when he saw a familiar face, looking at him with crimson eyes.  He has not seen this person for years.  Dongwoo remembered that his friend needed to drop out of the academy to take care of his sick mother, and has not heard from him since. He was not even sure if he was still alive.  "Minseok, is that you?"

"Minseok?" The vampire looked at him as he hopped up on the stone casket, crouching down as he tilting his head.  He stared at Dongwoo with a sinister smirk on his lips, "I think you have me mistaken for someone else.  My name is Xiumin, and you are going to be my next meal, hunter."

Dongwoo was 99.9% sure that this person was Kim Minseok, his childhood best friend, but Dongwoo knew that the kid that he once knew was gone.   He knew that Minseok lost himself to the Contagion, and became Xiumin.  Dongwoo did not even know that to say to the vampire.

"Not a talker are you, hunter..." Xiumin smirked as he stared at the vampire hunter for a moment.  He sensed something familiar about the man, but was having difficulty figuring out what that familiarity was, all he knew is that they must have crossed paths in the past.   He tilted his head the other way and wondered why he did not attack the pink haired kid from before? The kid was already injured and would probably have difficulty holding him off, but the pink haired boy's blood did not smell appetizing to him.  He wondered why waited for this man to enter his mausoleum?  His sent was intoxicating, but he had to ignore his urges to this man's blood. He was here on an assignment, and Xiumin could not forget that.

"Why haven't you attacked me yet?" Dongwoo asked as he looked at Xuimin with a confused look on his face.  Dongwoo began to wonder if there was another reason why this vampire was here?  Normally, Contagions attack them right away.  He wondered if this vampire was one of the few who were able to keep their brain, and not some mindless puppet.

"Even though I would love to taste your delicious smelling blood, hunter, I am here for another reason.  I have a message for you leader from my boss." Xiumin said as he took out a red envelope out o his leather jacket and stared at it before holding it out to Dongwoo. 

"What is it?" Dongwoo asked as he did not take the envelop that Xiumin was handing to him.   He did not trust it.  Dongwoo did not trust anyone who gave themselves up to the darkness. 

"It does not contain the virus if that is what you are thinking." Xiumin sighed as he sat down on the stone casket and crossed his legs.  "If you do not want to give it to Sunggyu, I will find him and personally deliver it to him myself, but we know how Sunggyu is. He will kill me instantly, and not give me a chance to talk, unlike you Dongwoo sii.  Do you really want your childhood friend to die by the hands of someone you trust?" Xiumin smirked.  Xiumin knew that he said before that he was not Minseok, but memories were starting to poor back into his mind the longer he stayed around Dongwoo.

"I thought you said, you were not Minseok." Dongwoo took a step back and glared at the Contagion.  He could hear loud knocking on the door of the mausoleum and it broke his heart to hear Hoya worry about him like that.  Hoya was not one to worry about others, except for Sungjong.

"I am him, but more advanced." Xiumin smirked.  "So are you going to give this letter to your leader or not?" Xiumin held out the red envelope once again, hoping Dongwoo would take it.

"Well, I will take it once I know what the letter contains."  Dongwoo asked.

"Do you really think I know what this letter contains Dongwoo sii? I am nothing but a messenger." Xiumin sighed as he hopped off the stone casket and walked closer to Dongwoo.  He reached out and grabbed the man's hand, placing the envelop into his hand. "Make sure Sunggyu get's this letter."  Xiumin took a step back and disappeared from sight.  

Dongwoo sighed deeply and looked at the red envelop before stuffing it into his jacket.  He made his way over to the door of the mausoleum and started to move the stone door, hoping his team was not too much in a panic

---

"What was that?" Hoya asked as he turned around and noticed that the mausoleum door was close. "..." Hoya rushed over to the door and tried to open it.  He should have known this was going to be some sort of trap. Out of all of them, it had to be Dongwoo getting locket in the mausoleum.  He knew that Dongwoo was going to start panicking eventually.

"Hyung..." He yelled as he banged on the door.  "Dongwoo hyung..." Hoya banged harder not caring what the cement door would do to his hand.   All Hoya cared about was getting Dongwoo out of there before it was too late.  He could not believe that the twins were just standing there doing nothing.

"You know banging on the door is not going to get him out any faster. " Woohyun said with his arms crossed. "One of those leeches probably locket him in there for a reason.  Dongwoo is still alive. Don't worry too much." 

"If one of those leeches locked him in there then we need to do something about it Woohyun hyung." Sungjong said as he pulled out his one of his two tantō's and walked up to the mausoleum.

"Hey Jongbie, I do not think that is going to work." Sungyeol said as he looked at their maknae and sighed. He watched the kid put the tantō away, and he started to run towards the door, to try and knock it down, but Hoya's placed a hand on Sungjong's shoulder, pulling him back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter