Symptom 14

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 14

"So what is the new plan?"  Jongwan asked as he looked at the Jungyeop, seeing the confused expression on the older man's face, he knew instantly that he had no plan in place.  He was just saying that to make it seemed like he had something in mind. "Hyung, don't tell me you do not have a plan yet."

"Of course I have a plan.  I am just working a few kinks." Jungyeop sighed, placing his hands in his sweaters pocket.  Jungyeop did not want to be bother by Jongwan's.  He just wanted to make sure things ran smoothly. "He does not know yet does he?" Jungwan asked as he pushed his glasses up again. 

"He will be devastated if he finds out..." Jungyeop bit his lip.  "It is one of the main reason why I have not told him anything yet." Jungyeop explained as he started to walk down the hallway back to his office,  "Sunggyu, cannot know what happened to him that night.  He barely remembers the events that took place to begin with, it will only give him more nightmares."  

Jungyeop sighed deeply and came to a stop moments later, when he heard a strange noise.  Was someone listening in on their conversation?  He looked in the direction that he heard the noise, and sensed something strange.  The conference should have ended hours ago.  The leaders of various hunting teams should have headed back to their designated locations. 

Jungyeop cleared his throat and continued on his way to his office.  He had paperwork to take care of before heading back to Jongwan's office to talk to Sunggyu, but first he needed to come up with a new plan.  A plan that did not require experiments on the girl.  He knew that the girl was the key in the equation somewhere.  Maybe it would be best if Sunggyu became friends with the girl, and protected her.  They did have a common enemy.

"He has a right to know, sangjangnim.  He has a right to know everything that you have been keeping from him for the past three years.  Tell him he is your nephew and why his body is so week.  That girl may not even be a cure Sunggyu. Where did you get a crazy idea like that? Don't tell me it's from that horrible man who told you that you should lock Sunggyu up for getting himself infected. His infections in only minor and easily contained with that medisine I have been giving to him. The only bad thing is Sunggyu was starting to figure out that there was something off with the medicine. Thank god he did not remember."  Jongwan sighed.

"I cannot force him to day here. Than man has no idea what he is talking about.  Locking Sunggyu will only make him go crazy faster." Jungyeop sighed.  "I will tell him the truth eventually." He placed his hand on the brass doorknob and push open his oak door.  "I am sure Dongwoo will take care of him, he always does."

"I'm just shocked that Dongwoo has not told Sunggyu the truth yet." Jongwan said as he walked into Jungyeop's office behind him, shutting the door, "I thought he would be the first person to blab to Sunggyu."

"Dongwoo is sworn to secrecy and he knows if Sunggyu knew the truth, he would try and destroy himself." Jungyeop said, "Which is one of the reason why I do not want to tell him he is my nephew. I am going to tell him, but once this mess is over. Once his thirst for revenge disappears. As long as that man is still alive he is going to want revenge."

"Do you think this mess is ever going to be over sir?" Jongwan asked, "Don't you think it's best to keep Sunggyu here until his families death anniversary passes?"

"I cannot force him to stay here, you know that..." Jungyeop sighed, "Please leave so I can get some work done."

"Yes sir." Jongwan bowed before leaving Jungyeop's office.  He walked down the hallway and noticed some girl walking down the hallway.  Jongwan wondered if she heard their conversation.

---

Hoya and Sungjong sat across from Woohyun in the living room.  Hoya crossed his arms and glared at Woohyun, "Do you know what the hell is going on?  Why are they asking Dongwoo hyung to the Council."

"How am I supposed to know Howon?" Woohyun crossed his arms and glared at Hoya.  Did he get off on irritating the living hell out of everyone? "I have a theory, but you're the type of person who does not like hearing theories."

"I will listen to this one!" Hoya crossed his arms because he really wanted to know what the other members of Infinite thought about Sunggyu's long absence.  Sunggyu was never gone for this long before and Hoya had to admit, it did worry him. "Well are you going to tell me Nam Woohyun."

"Its Nam Woohyun Hyung." Woohyun corrected Hoya and sighed deeply. "Remember when I said Sunggyu had a fever earlier? He told me to not to say anything to anyone.  His health has not been the best lately, and he keeps trying to do things that are past his current limit. Ever since he lost his family he has been a different person. Even if he keeps denying that it affects him."

"Hyung becoming a different person was the main reason why I wanted to become leader.  I wanted to take the burden away from him." Hoya said in a serious tone as he looked at Woohyun.

"Don't lie hyung, you wanted Sunggyu hyung's position because you were greedy for power, wait you still are." Sungjong crossed his arms.  "Just because hyung lost his family does not make him a bad leader.  He still takes care of us despite the trauma he went through."  Sungjong sighed.

"Do you really think the trauma he went through is over.  It is still going on, hyung is just able to hid it well." Woohyun sighed biting his lip. "I am not the only person who sees it, Dongwoo hyung does as well.  Hyung was with him the day it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter