Symptom 22

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 22

Dongwoo walked into the meeting room slowly and wondered if he should have went with Sunggyu to Jungyeop's office or not.  He knew the older man was upset about something that was written in letter, but Dongwoo could not seem to figure out what it was.

"Hyung, your here!" Sungyeol said cheerfully. He was happy to see Dongwoo, and not Sunggyu.  Something seemed off with the older male this morning. He looked sick still, and Sungyeol knew that something was bothering Sunggyu; he could not figure out quite what that was yet.

"Where is Sunggyu hyung?" Myungsoo asked with a panicked tone in his voice. He just knew something was wrong, after figuring out that the older man was hiding a girl in his room the other night, and that girl seemed to be friends with that cat Sungjong brought home.  Sunggyu hyung also seemed to know that cat really well.  He was trying to put two and two together and figure out how they were connected with each other.

"He went to talk to sangjangnim about something." Dongwoo said as he sat down on the floor and leaned his head against the wall, closing his eyes.  All Dongwoo wanted right now was sleep.  He barely got any last night.  Dongwoo had too much on his mind and he knew his curiosity was going to get the best of him.  He wanted to know what was in that letter.  Dongwoo knew that Sunggyu was never going to tell him.  The man did not like putting his burdens on others.

"Something happened again, didn't it?" Myungsoo asked as he took a step towards the door, but was stopped by both Woohyun and Sungyeol.  "What are you doing? LET GO!"

"You cannot just run into the CEO's office, and burst through the door.  He is a busy man" Woohyun said, trying to reason with Myungsoo, but he knew how stubborn he was.  Once Myungsoo wanted to do something, he would try to do it. 

"Something is wrong with Gyu hyung. I just know it." Myungsoo tried to get out of both Woohyun's and Sungyeol's grip, but was unsuccessful.  "Dongwoo hyung, tell them to let me go."

"They are right, you cannot go into sangjangnim's office like that.  Hyung hates seeing you upset like this." Dongwoo sighed.

"I guess you don't care that Sunggyu hyung was hiding a girl in his room last night, and that he is keeping something from us." Myungsoo yelled and soon regretted what he said.  He felt Woohyun and Sungyeol release him and he fell to the floor.

"What do you mean Gyu hyung had a girl in his room?" Woohyun asked as he raised an eyebrow.  It was unlike Sunggyu to hand around people especially girls.  Woohyun knew how awkward Sunggyu was around girls.

"I should not have said anything, forget I mentioned it." Myungsoo said in a panicked voice.  He sat on the floor looking up at his hyungs.

"Now that I know, I am curious about it. I thought hyung was awkward around girls or is that another one of his acts." Woohyun said as he looked at Myungsoo with his arms crossed, "What do you know kid?"

"I know nothing." Myungsoo lied.

"Myunggie, you should tell the truth." Sungyeol said as he kneeled down in front of Myungsoo, placing a hand on his chin. "I know when you are lying.  Your poker face does not work on me anymore."

""I said I KNOW NOTHING!" Myungsoo slapped Sungyeol's hand away and glared at Sungyeol and then Woohyun. "If is Gyu hyung's business, we should not bother with his business."

"If it involves a girl, it is my business." Woohyun said with a smirk on his lips.

"Woohyun, drop it." Dongwoo said in a demanding voice.  Dongwoo was never demanding like this. He sensed the girl last night in his room, but did not bother asking Sunggyu about it.   Dongwoo knew Sunggyu's private life was his business and his business only, but he did not understand why Sunggyu was hanging around someone who was not fully human.

"Why should I?" Woohyun snapped back, "I thought it would take a million years to see Sunggyu hyung interested in a girl.  He always puts his job first and comes off as a busy body. Hyung needs woman in his life, and I need to approve of the girl before hyung can date her."

"Because Sunggyu hyung has a lot on his mind.  He does not need an idiot like you fishing in his love life." Hoya said as he ended the room with Sungjong trailing behind him, "Where is Gyu hyung anyway?"

"He went to talk to sangjangnim about something.  He seemed upset when we talked this morning." Dongwoo sighed deeply.

"What is hyung upset about now?" Sungjong asked.

"I don't know." Dongwoo lied.

"You're lying." Hoya said as he looked at the older man.  "What happened?"

---

Sunggyu took a deep breath as he laid down on the roof of one of the observation towers located near the outskirts of the Vampire Councils compound.  Sunggyu needed some time to clear his head.  He needed some time to figure out what to do.   

"Sunggyu oppa what are you doing up here?"

Sunggyu sat up and turned his head, looking at the at owner of the voice. He sighed deeply and bit his lip, "What do you need Serri?" Sunggyu said in an annoyed tone.  Did this girl have anything better to do than bother him?  Serri was the last person he wanted to see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter