Symptom 19

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 19

"I guess hyung is sleeping..." Sungjong said as he carried the black cat into the kitchen, placing him on top of the oak kitchen table.  Sungjong walked over to their stainless steel refrigerator to get his new pet some milk.  Sungjong loved animals and always wanted a pet, but every time he asked Sunggyu he told him no. Sungjong hopped that this time he would be able to keep the abandoned cat, but it seemed like he always belonged to someone already.

"Yahhh, LEE SUNGJONG!" Woohyun raised his voice as he walked into the kitchen after the maknae, "Get that filthy cat off my kitchen table." Woohyun was annoyed that he probably needed to sanitize the table, once again, but that was not the only thing he was annoyed about.   Woohyun did not understand why the cat did not like him, everyone liked him, except maybe Sungjong.    

Key glared at Woohyun and hissed before smirking slyly.  He wanted to torment Woohyun a bit for some reason. The cat was about to mess with Woohyun when he felt a warm hand on his head.  

"Let him be..." Hoya said as he sat down on one of the chairs near the kitchen table.   He placed a hand on top of the cats head and his black fur.  The cat purred and leaned into Hoya's hand, rubbing his head against it.  "He must be scared for being outside or so long.  I guess something happened to his owner.  I hope the Contagion did not get her."

"My owner is here or are you stupid, hunter." Key said as he purred again when Hoya scratched behind his ear.  He did not know how this Hoya person knew his sensitive spot, but he was not complaining, it felt good to be scratched there. 

"Seems like Key has taken a liking to you, Hoya hyung!" Sungjong smiled as he put a bowl filled with milk on the table, and watched Key walk over to the milk.  "I'm sure we will find his owner, if not...I'm keeping him."

"How do you know his name is Key?"  Woohyun asked. "And what makes you think Gyu hyung will allow you to keep such a thing in this house."

"That shows how observant you are Hyung." Sungjong said as he scratched behind Key's ear, "He has a necklace of a Key around his neck and inscribed in the key is Kibum, but I rather call him Key.  I think it is a cute nickname, and suits him well." He was shocked that Key has taken a liking to Hoya, but was not surprised that he was hissing at Woohyun. "I have not showed Gyu hyung my special charm yet, and once he sees it, Gyu hyung will have a hard time saying no to my cute face."

"Someone please explain to me why are you a Vampire Hunter again, when you like cute things." Woohyun raised an eyebrow and stared at the maknae, leaning against the wall. 

"I allowed to like cute things hyung, but you of all people should know that I have a dark side." Sungjong smirked as he scratch Key behind his ear again, causing Key to purr.  "Where did Myungsoo hyung and Sungyeol hyung go?"

"Who knows, L has been acting strange since we returned."  Hoya said as he looked at the maknae with a worried expression on his face.  There was something in Myungsoo's eyes that bothered him. 

"Do you think he senses something?" Woohyun asked, "That kid normally senses things before anyone else."  Woohyun reached to pet the cat again, but Key clawed at him, leaving a scratch on Woohyun's hand. "STUPID CAT!" Woohyun said in an annoyed voice before walked out of the kitchen, gripping onto the wound Key gave him.  He knew that there was something off about that cat, he could feel it.

"Good boy, Key." Hoya said as he placed a hand on Kibum's head, again.  "At least someone can keep that greasy ball in place."

"I guess he can sense arrogance, but if he could sense arrogance, why didn't he scratch you hyung."  Sungjong smirked as he teased the older male.

"Yahh....Lee Sungjong"

"I only speck the truth hyung. You of all people should know that" Sungjong said slyly.  

---

"Those idiots are so loud." Sunggyu said in an annoyed voice as he started to pull Seomin along.  He stopped in front of the window and was about to open it when he felt Seomin tugged on the hem of his shirt.  Sunggyu turned to face Seomin and froze when she saw the colors of her eyes change to a deep crimson.  He knew that she needed blood and needed it fast, but the only problem was that he was her only source at the moment.

"Hyung..."

Sunggyu head turned towards the door as he heard the handle jiggle.  He was unsure if he should answer Dongwoo or not.  He bit his lip and turned to look at Seomin once again.  There was no way he could get out of something like this, and he certainly could not tell them the truth.   If his team discovered that he was hiding a half-vampire in his room, they would question his leadership. 

"Sung..." Seomin started, but Sunggyu's hand covered .  His scent was becoming intoxicating for her.  All she wanted to do at this current moment was bite him, and taste his sweet blood.

"Gyu hyung...."

"What is it Dongwoo? I'm tired and want more rest! Can't it wait till morning?" Sunggyu finally answered the younger male, hoping he would go away soon, so he could help Seomin and he blood thirst.

"Well...I suppose so, I just thought you would like a report about what happened tonight!" Dongwoo released the handle and wondered what was wrong with the older man, to lock himself in his room like this something must be wrong, but Dongwoo was not one to pry.

"I rather talk to you about it when I can give you my full attention Dongwoo. My head his killing me and it would be hard for me to focus on the important information that you wish to tell me." Sunggyu looked into Seomin's eyes and noticed that she was getting fidgety.  He needed to get Dongwoo far away from his door before he did something reckless.  "I want you to be fully rested Dongwoo, you must have had a difficult evening with all those Ghost.  I'm sorry I did not warn you about the graveyard, but you would have tried to get out of being leader if you knew, and as I said many times, you are the best for the position when I am not around."

"If yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter