Symptom 26

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 26

A pulse, he sensed a very weak pulse. He could feel it was fading slowly, and knew that this pulse wasn't his own.  His heartbeat was beating at a dangerous rate.  He needed to get his heartbeat at a more relaxed state, but was unsure how to do that, not after what he been through.   This heartbeat belong to someone else, there was familiarity to this heartbeat.  He knew the person that it belonged to someone he knew on a personal level. 

His eyes suddenly popped open as he gasped for air, knowing that this was not is time yet.  He could feel that there was something was preventing him from killing himself. Was it the monster inside of him keeping alive? Or his family telling him to live his life as the fullest, even though he is a monster.  Sunggyu was about to swim to the surface when he saw her, unconscious, sinking towards the bottom of the Han River.   He could not leave her there to die, she tried to stop him from killing himself, but he would not listen.  Sunggyu would feel nothing but guilt if he allowed Seomin to die, even if she was a vampire, he could not let this particular vampire die.  She was his mission, even though he was now a monster, Seomin was still her mission.  A mission that he could not abandoned. .

Sunggyu swam over to the unconscious girl, grapping onto her wrist.  He pulled her close as he placed arm around her waist before swimming to the surface.  He was shocked to see that they drifted near land.  He would have thought they would have drifted out to the ocean with these currents.  

When Sunggyu finally made it to land.  He took off his wet jacket, placing it under Seomin's head. He would not be a gentleman if he allowed an unconscious female, rest her head on such a rocky surface.  He started to check her vitals and realized that she was not breathing.  Sunggyu panicked for a bit, but he knew exactly what to do.  He had a class in CPR when he in the hunting academy.  Sunggyu pinched her noise as leaned her head back.  He leaned forward and cover with his, blowing two breaths into it.  He followed by chest compressions.  "Please breathe..." Sunggyu said as he pressed his lips against hers once again, hoping his first aid skills world work.

He was about to start chest compressions against, when he saw her chest rise and fall.  Sunggyu sighed with relive.  He was happy that she was breathing on her own, but wondered why she did yet to wake up.  He was not going to sit here and wait for Seomin to wake up.  He needed to clear his thoughts.  Sunggyu rose to his feet and walked over to a rock that was far enough, but still close to where Seomin was resting. 

What do I do now?

I cannot go back to the council like this!

Even if they want me back, I should not be a hunter anymore.

What do I do?

---

Myungsoo just stared at Woohyun as he tried to register what the he just said.  Sunggyu could not be a vampire. There was no possible way that the person he admired and looked up to so much was a blood- monster. It had to be lies. Woohyun was telling him nothing but lies. 

"You're lying. Gyu hyung...he can't be...he can't be a vampire. YOUR...YOUR LYING!" Myungsoo shouted. "YOU'RE A LYER NAM WOOHYUN."

"Why would I lie about something like this? HE BIT ME KIM MYUNGSOO!"  Woohyun glared at the younger, then Dongwoo, "Someone decided to keep secrets from us.  Dongwoo hyung knew all along, but he decided to keep it to himself."

"Why is everyone keeping secrets?" Myungsoo cried. "WHY?"  He looked at both Dongwoo and Woohyun with desperation in his eyes.  He could not understand why this was happening now.

"..."

Myungsoo got even more frustrated when no one answered him.  "Lies... Secrets... What's next? I ASKED YOU WHAT's NEXT!"

"Myunggie, calm down." Sungyeol placed a hand on Myungsoo shoulder, hoping that would calm him down.  He knew if Myungsoo kept this up he was going to have another panic attack.  Does Myungsoo think he does not know about his condition? Myungsoo was someone Sungyeol liked to observe, noticed odd occurrences after being on the same team as him for five years.

"Don't tell me to calm down! We need to find Sunggyu hyung and..."

"And do what? He is a monster now!" Woohyun spoke coldly.  "He is too far gone to help now. We need to put him out of his misery."

"HOW DARE YOU CALL HYUNG A MONSTER!"

"Because he is one." Woohyun sighed, "Can't you get it thought your pretty little head that we are going to need to hunt Sunggyu hyung now because he is infected. Do you think he wants to remain the very thing he hates most."  

"We need to hunt who?" Sungjong asked as he arrived with Hoya.

"Sunggyu..."

"Why would we need to hunt Sunggyu hyung?" Sungjong asked with a confused expression on his face.

"Why would we do that?" Hoya crossed his arms and looked at Woohyun, "Are you the one on a power trip now?"

"I am not on a power trip! You were the one on the power trip, Lee Howon." Woohyun's hand dropped from his neck, revealing two puncture marks. "HYUNG BIT ME.  HE MY BLOOD. HE IS A VAMPIRE! DONGWOO HYUNG KNEW AND DID NOT BOTHER TELLING US."

"Because, like I said before, Sangjangnim told me not to tell any of you.  He even told me not to tell Sunggyu hyung the truth.  It is the reason why he seemed sick all the time.  The demon inside of him was trying to get out.  You can only suppress his lust for blood for so long before it makes him go crazy, and Heechul probably factored into him craving blood."

"Heechul? Is that the name of the man we are fighting against, right?" Sungyeol asked.

"He is, but he is also the person who took Sunggyu hyung's family from him, but he was not the person who change him."

"Then who changed him?"

"Even I don't know that.  I was just told by Sangjangnim to monitor him and report if anything goes wrong, which I have to do now, excuse me." Dongwoo said as he pulled out his phone and walked away from his team. 

Myungsoo was finding it hard to take all of his in.  He did not understand why Sunggyu hyung had to be lied to.  Myungsoo wanted to know why no one bothered to tell Sunggyu hyung the truth.  Was the vampire council treating him as an experiment? 

Myungsoo knew that Sunggyu's parents were trying to find a cure.  He knew that his parents would not use their own son as an experiment.  He met them many times before when he was in school.  Myungsoo was an orphan and he had no place to go during school breaks,  Sunggyu was kind enough to invited him to his home.  That was when he found of where he got his kindness from, his parents were the warmest people he as ever met, his noona was very beautiful ,and his niece and nephew were the cuties kids in the world.  His grandparents were also amazing people.  They have donated so much money to fund the education young hunters were getting.  Sunggy's family was perfect.  He could not even imagine the trauma the older man went through when he discovered their corpses.

Myungsoo could not even remember his parents.   All he remembers was blood and a lot of it.  He does not remember how old he was at the time, but he knows he had to be very young.

"Where do you think you are going?"  Woohyun asked.

"I am going to find Sunggyu hyung." Myungsoo was about to walk away but Hoya grabbed onto his arms.

"We need to wait till hyung gets here!" Hoya said firmly.

"I do not have the time to wait for hyung to get here.  He is the one who caused this.  If he told Sunggyu hyung the truth, this would not have happened.  HYUNG WOULD BE WITH US RIGHT NOW." Myungs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter