Symptom 08

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 08

Ding...

The doors to the elevator opened and a vampire lunched himself at Sungjong, tackling the kid to the ground.  There was a loud thug and at first Sungjong struggled to get free.   He needed to make sure he was not bitten or scratched by the Contagion.  Even though scratches did not change a human into a vampire, his blood could attract more blood leaches to their current location..

"Jonggie..." Dongwoo screamed as he pulled out his gun.  He was unsure if he sould shoot do not.  Dongwoo did not want to hit Sungjong with his bullets. The older man did not expect this to happened.  Dongwoo knew that he should always expect the unexpected, but this was something he did not see coming.  His heart shattered when he thought about Sungjong being changed into a vampire.  Dongwoo did not want to be the one to kill one of his best friend.

Sungjong watched as the vampire stop fighting and collapse on top of him.   He pushed the vampire off and sat up, "I should have seen that coming." Sungjong looked up and saw Dongwoo's hand, but he ignored it.  He rose to his feet and stared at the elevator doors that were still open, wondering if there was going to be another Contagion.  "Now my clothes are ruin." Sungjong puffed out his cheeks and started to brush off the dirt.

"Jonggie are you alright?" Dongwoo sighed as he looked at the mankae.  He knew Sungjong wanted to do things himself, and prove that he was not weak.  People are to soon to judge Sungjong.  Dongwoo knows how tough Sungjong is.  The kid is tougher than him sometimes.

"I'm fine, but I think we should tell the others we know where they are hiding." Sungjong said as he started at the elevator. "We should keep moving after you call them."

"I think it is best if we stay put.  If we move too quickly. They will know we easily defeated the vampire they sent down to greet us." Dongwoo sighed and hoped that Sungjong would not give him a problem.

"Ok, hyung we will do it your way this time." Sungjong said as he sighed deeply.  Something was off.  He could feel it.

---

Myungsoo was feeling guilty for leaving Sunggyu, but he could not take Hoya's negative energy towards the older man anymore.  It was hard for him to breath when he was around those two.

Myungsoo walked around and wondered if he should go back to Sunggyu.  He heard from Woohyun that the older man did not look well went he went into Sunggyu's room a few hours before they were supposed to wake up .  Myungsoo hoped that Sunggyu was not sick again.  The older man kept getting sick for some reason.

Myungsoo heard footsteps behind him. Myungsoo placed a hand on the gun that was hidden in his jacket.  He felt a hand on his shoulder and quickly turned around, pointing the gun at the person who touched him.  Myungsoo sighed when he saw Sungyeol.  If he pulled the trigger, Sungyeol would have been dead.

"Aish...Myunggie, you could have killed me." Sungyeol said as he looked at the younger male.  He looked around and noticed that there was no Sunggyu or Hoya.  They were supposed to be traveling together.

"What do you expect me to do? Let a vampire kill me?" Myungsoo put his gun away and looked at Sungyeol and then Woohyun who arrived a few moments after Sungyeol.  He wondered why they were here.  They were assigned to the other side of the complex.

"I thought you were traveling with Sunggyu hyung and Hoya?" Woohyun asked as he looked around the area and saw no sign of them.  Woohyun sighed deeply, "What happened this time?"

"What do you think?" Myungsoo asked with his arms crossed.

They got into another fight.

Do you expect me to stay around them if they are alike that.

"Don't look at me like that L.  I know you are not happy about this situation" Woohyun sighed. None of them were happy anymore.  It seemed like their happiness been out of them, especially Sunggyu. What happened to him exactly? The older man used to smile.  He was playful, until a few years ago.  When Sunggyu changed, Hoya changed.  Woohyun was starting to wonder if they were connected.

"You know me so well." Myungsoo said sarcastically. "Aren't you going to listen to that?"

"Sungjonggie and I think we found the entrance to their hide out.  Come to where the elevators are to take you up to the top of the tower." Dongwoo said.  

"Sungeyol, Myungsoo, and I are on our way hyung." Woohyun answered back.  He looked around the area one more time, hopping he could spot Sunggyu. Woohyun had no such luck.

"We should get moving." Sungyeol said as he looked at Myungsoo and then Woohyun, "I am sure Sunggyu hyung will meet us there Woohyun hyung. There is nothing you need to worry about."

Saying that, makes me worry even more.

---

Sunggyu continued to walk around the grounds of Namsan Tower, feeling like a failure.  His team was not like is used to be in the past when they were in the training academy.  They were inseparable and truly cared about each other.  Sunggyu wondered why they all started to hate each other. Was it the stress of the job or was it something else?

 Sunggyu sighed deeply and noticed something that was only a few feet in front of him.  It was that girl he met last night.  The girl who was the one he was told to search for, the half vampire.  He also noticed that the girl had her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter