Symptom 05

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 05

Everyone was asleep in their dark apartment, but there was one person who was wide awake.  Nam Woohyun could not fall asleep for nothing, at their early hour. It must have been the tea he drank early, but Woohuim knew that he could not lie to himself.

 It was about ten in the morning for normal humans, but from Infinite it was ten at night.  Woohyun bit his lip, continuing to be concerned about today's events.  He knew that he was not the only person awake at this hour, but only an insane person would go knock on their leaders door.  

Woohyun laid back on the couch and started at the ceiling.  Howon was pissed off as usually, but this time it seemed different because Sungjong never went against him.  Woohyun could see the look of envy in the Hoya's eyes, and sadness in Sungjong's. That trust that they once had for each other was now broken.  Infinite's relationship with each other is at an all time low.

"Aigo…" Woohyun closed his eyes and tried so hard to get some sleep.  He did not want to sleep in his room.  It was lonely.  Woohyun hated not having a roommate. He used to be Sunggyu's roommate up until two years ago..  He did not understand why Sunggyu wanted the change, but he respected the older man's decision.  Woohyun knew that these was something that he was not telling him, but he would not pry for answers like some people he knows.

Woohyun froze when he heard the door to one of the bedrooms open, the creaking sound could be heard from miles away. He knew it was either Sungyeol needing to use the bathroom because the choding tend to drink too much before he fell asleep or it was Sungjong. The kid had strange eating habits, but it was not who he expected.

"Howon..."

Hoya froze for a moment and looked over to the couch where Woohyun laid. Hoya's hair was a mess and he wore his glasses. Not many people knew that Hoya was almost blind if he did not wear his contacts or glasses. The younger man always felt subconscious about his glasses, ever since he was a child and was made fun of because of them.  Hoya bit his lip and sighed.  He had no clue that his annoying hyung was awake.  Hoya glared at Woohyun and walked into the kitchen. 

Woohyun sighed and pushed himself off of the couch.  He stood up on the ice cold tile with his bare feet, and walked into the kitchen. 

"What do you want?" Hoya asked in a cold voice as he a pot of water to make himself some Shin Ramen. He just wanted to cook in peace and go back to his room and eat his meal. 

"You should not have yelled at him like that today." Woohyun said as he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed.  He needed to do this for Sungjong.  No one should treat that kid like that.

"He turned his back on me! He deserves it." Hoya said in an annoyed voice. "Since when do you stand up for Sungjong. I thought you hated the kid?" Hoya asked.  Woohyun being like this about Sungjong made Hoya feel uneasy.  He did not understand why Woohyun sometimes.

"If you ever make him cry again. I will show you no mercy." Woohyun said coldly before walking out of the kitchen.  He headed to his room, and hoped Hoya would think about his actions today. 

---

There was a loud knock on Jungyeop's door. The older man sighed as he signed some paperwork that was starting to pile up on his cedar desk. He was never going to get any of this paper work done with the constant distractions.  Jungyeop wanted the members of his council to be able to think for themselves, and make decisions on their own. He hated when people could not think for themselves. It made them less human. Jungyeop did not really want to be bothered right now.  "Who is it?"

"Jongwan."

Jungyeop rose from his cedar desk and opened the door, looking at the man who wore thick black framed glasses

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter