Symptom 27

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 27

"Sunggyu what are you trying to do?' Seomin asked as she stared into his crimson eyes. She missed the old him, the man who knew nothing about being a half vampire. The man who was oblivious to what he really was.  Seomin hated seeing Sunggyu like this, he was not his true self.  

"I told you...that is a secret." Sunggyu whispered into her ear. "Don't you trust me, Seomin?"

"I trust the other side of you, not the person in front of me right now." Seomin said in a stern tone as Sunggyu pushed her on the ground roughly, hovering over her moments later.  She watched as he took her hair into his hand, smirking slyly.  Seomin needed Sunggyu to come to his sense.  As much as she hated to admit this, she needed him in order to destroy Heechul.

"To bad, that side of me is gone." Sunggyu spoke coldly.  "He was weak.  He relied on those pills to keep me away; they were trying to destroy me.  Do you expect me to allow them to get away with what they have done to me for the past couple of years?  Now that I am free, I am going to get my revenge the Hunting Council." Sunggyu leaned closer to Seomin,  "I should thank Heechul for letting me see the light.  I should have known that the real monsters were..."

"He was far from weak." Seomin said as she looked into Sunggyu's crimson eyes.  "He was the strongest person I met in my life." She placed a hand on his chest, pushing him back slightly.  "Please, you're not thinking straight, and you of all people should not thank Heechul for making you suffer like this. Have you forgotten what he has done to you and your family. Sunggyu you need too..."

"Isn't that a good thing? I am not thinking straight.  I should not even think at all.  Maybe this will all go away if I just give in to the Contagion and turn into a mindless zombie." 

"Don't say that..."

"Don't tell me what I can and cannot say." Sunggyu yelled as tears streamed down his face.

"I know your are only acting this way because you feel betrayed, but you need to realize that there is a reason for everything.  Please, Sunggyu, all you need to do is take a deep breath. Don't you remember, you told me to do this before and it worked for me and it is going to work for you.  Take a deep breath and believe in yourself, not this monster that is trying to control you."

Sunggyu took a deep breath, "It just hurts so much..."

"I know it does, but Sunggyu you have to remember that you are not a monster, letting this side of you take over is not going to help you in the end."

"I know, but I am scared." Sunggyu said as he moved away from Seomin and hugged his knee's.

"It is alright to be scared, but you need to look at the bigger picture, Sunggyu. You are not a full vampire, if you were things would be a lot more difficult.  There are different types of vampires.  You of all people should know that or did they not teach you that at the hunting academy."

"..." Sunggyu did not answer her.  He just stared at the ground, loosing himself in his dark thoughts, again.

Seomin sighed deeply and walked over to Sunggyu, kneeling in front of him.  She placed to hands on his cheeks, making him look at him.  "If you keep doubting yourself, it is only going to hurt you more."

"I'm always hurting..." Sunggyu bit his lip, "Even before I knew I was..." He could not say it.  "Before I knew...I still hurt.  I rarely slept because of the nightmares of my family being murdered by the Contagion.  They were killed because they were trying to find a cure, along with other families that were a part of this project. Heechul does not want a cure found, if that cure is found he will lose all his power." 

"Then we need to figure out what the cure is?"

"My parents research was destroyed, I'm not even sure if any of it still exist.  That is why I always returned to the home I grew up in.  I am hoping that I will discover something."

"Well, why don't we go there and find out.  We should not stay here for too long." Seomin said as she rose to her feet and held out a hand for Sunggyu. 

---

"Keep those damn needles away from me..." Woohyun screamed as he backed up into the wall.  

"Nam Woohyun, you need to get this shot.  We need to make sure your health is alright after Sunggyu bit you.  There are endorphins in a vampire bite can affect your physical state in the future.  They normally hypnotize their victim into doing something they want right away or sometime in the future. This is procedure."  Jongwan looked at the young man.  "You of all people should know this."

"I know the procedure, doesn't mean I have to follow it."

"Woohyun, just take the needle so we can find out the truth about why they kept this huge secret from all of us, especially Sunggyu hyung." Hoya crossed his arms, and glared at Jongwan, he knew the older man factored into this. "Aish, I guess I do not have a choice."

"You're the one who does not need to..." Woohyun's eyes widened when Hoya made his way towards the older male and held him down.  "YAHH, what are you doing, let go? LET GOOOOO!" Woohyun cried out again as he watched Jongwan approach him with the needle.  Tears started to stream down his face as the older man approached him.  "Please..."

Jongwan froze and looked at Woohyun, and contemplated weather he was doing the right thing or not.  He knew that Sunggyu's bite's were not going to affect the young man, but he wasn't too sure.  He needed to do this to make sure if there was not something in Sunggyu's saliva that may affect Woohyun.  Jongwan took a deep breath and injected the antibiotics into Woohyun's bloodstream. 

"You are going to feel numb for a day, but I am sure Howon will help you get around." Jongwan sighed.

"Sure he will." Woohyun watched as the older man place a bandage on his ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter