Symptom 10

Contagion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Symptom 10

 Sungjong was the only one left in the living room. The couch was quite comfortable.  It felt like he was laying on a cloud.  He would rather sleep there than bother Sungyeol and Myungsoo again.  He knew his intrusion in their room was putting a strain on thier friendship.  Sungjong did not want to ruin a friendship, like his was ruined with Howon.  He turned over to his side and stared at the floor.  Sungjong was never going to return to the room her shared with Hoya.

 "You should not be sleeping there..." A voice came from the entrance of the living room.

Sungjong sat up and looked at Woohyun, "Why do you care what I do?" Sungjong said in a cold voice.  He did not want to be bothered by anyone.  Sungyeol already tried talking to him earlier, but he was not one to talk when he was in a bad mood.  He just wanted to be left alone so he could actually think for once.  Sungjong found it difficult to see things clearly when everyone was fighting.

"Because I see you as a little brother." Woohyun walked over to Sungjong slowly. He knew he had to take things slow with this one.  He did not want to make Sungjong's other side to come out.  He is scary when that person is here.

Sungjong sighed and knew Woohyun was just trying to help, but he was not used to Woohyun being so nice to him.  The older man normally hated him.  Sungjong felt the couch he was sitting on shift.  He did not even want to look over at Woohyun. Sungjong was too embarrassed to express his true feelings.  He has locked them away for so long; he did not know how to talk.

Woohyun placed a hand on Sungjong's shoulder, rubbing it.  He hopped that his warm hands will help Sungjong relax. "You seem a bit tense."

"Isn't everyone tense, Woohyun hyung?" Sungjong said in a calm voice. "It comes with our line of work.  We are always caught in tense situations."

"We may be caught in tense situations, but we should not be feeling tense after we finish our job for the day." Woohyun placed a hand on top of Sungjong's head and started to pet it.  

"Can you not treat me like a dog?" Sungjong asked in an annoyed voice.

"But, you are cute lke a dong." Woohyun smirked as he continued to play with Sungjong's hair.

"I just want to be left alone.  Why can't you get that through your peanut sized brain." Sungjong yelled.

"Fine, I will leave our little prince alone." Woohyun smirked as he rose to his feet. "Sleep well Sungjong." Woohyun said as he headed back to his room. He was going to ask if Sungjong wanted to spend the night in his room, but he changed his mind when he saw how Sungjong reacted.  Woohyun knew that something was bothering that kid, but he was not one to pry where he wasn't welcome.  

Woohyun placed a hand on the wall of his room and stared into the mirror. "Where the hell are you Gyu hyung?"

 ---

 Sunggyu did not know how to answer Seomin's question. He was not one to talk about himself.  He did not find himself interesting.

 "Um...should I start?" Seomin asked as she looked into Sunggyu's eyes.

 "No, I will start." Sunggyu said in a demanding tone. "But can you answer one question before I tell you my story. Why did you run away from me in the clock tower? It was not like I was going to hurt you."

 "I was scared that you would try and hurt me because I...well...I am not exactly a human or a vampire. I am something that is in-between. Does that make sense?" Seomin sighed. "You're a hunter and..."

 "I can see why you thought that, but you are nothing like those Contagions, there is still a human side to you.  Those who have lost themselves to the Contagion need to be tamed" Sunggyu coughed. "I've been training since I was really young to become a hunter. I was born into this life."

 "So you were told to become a hunter?" Seomin asked as she ignored Sunggyu's comment.

 "It was either become a hunter or live your life in fear. I did not want you worry about others protecting me. I wanted to be the one protecting others. I entered the hunting academy at three years old, younger than when most hunters start their journey."  Sunggyu bit his lip.

 "What age do they normally start?" Seomin asked.

 "Five..." Sunggyu looked at the girl with a gentle smile. "I was a special case along with the other members of my team." Sunggyu cleared his throat. He needed to by some time and try to figure out a way to not bring up his parent's and sister's  murder.

"Wow, you must be an amazing hunter." Seomin asked with a gentle smile on her face as she rested her hand on her chin. She studied Sunggyu and noticed he had a bit of muscle, but hid it well. He seemed like the type of person who did not like to show off.

"There is nothing amazing about being a vampire h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter