Chapter 7: Joo Ee's POV

When Love Stops

         An image of myself being nervous was reflected back at me. Right now, my palms are sweaty as I looked at myself at the washroom sink. Relax, Joo Ee. Why do I suddenly feel nervous right now? It’s just a date with Baekhyun. What could it be possibly wrong with that?

         The sound of the toilet flushing could be heard and an old lady stood out from the cubicle. Right there, she was at the sink next to mine. I could tell she was giving me weird looks thinking why I am staring at myself long in the mirror. Without wanting to make this situation more awkward than ever, I decided to make a move by getting out of the washroom.

           When I was out, I saw Baekhyun speaking to someone on the phone and then our eyes met. All I could hear was “I’ve got to go now! Bye!” and he placed his phone back into his pocket.

            “Who is that?” I asked in suspicion.

            “Suho,” he smiled.

            “Did something happen or anything?” I asked.

            “Nah. He was just asking about homework,” he stuttered.

            “Okaaayyy,” I answered.

            I could guess he was trying to change the subject by saying, “So, which restaurant do you want to go to?” he asked.

            “I don’t know. There are so many restaurants around here to choose from, “I replied.

            “How about that new Mediterranean restaurant?” he suggested.

            “You sure, oppa? Isn’t it expensive? Because I don’t want you to spend a lot of money just for me,” I pleaded.

            “Yah, take it as a treat from me, alright? Besides, I want to make this day ‘special’ for the both of us,” he smiled. I blushed in an instant.

            “Let’s go!” he grabbed my hand as he lead me to that restaurant.

            When we entered the restaurant, it already gives a feel that you’re in one of the islands of Greece. The place is lit with low lightings which gave it a romantic feel. The waiter placed us at a table right at the window and it has a view of the Han River. Once we have ordered the desired meals, we stared at each other.

               “It’s a nice restaurant, isn’t it?” he asked.

              “It sure is, but oppa-“he placed a finger on my lips.

               “I know what you’re going to say but it’s my treat,” he smiled.

              “Alright, oppa. But I feel bad,” I pleaded.

              “Yah, it’s only once in a while we get to do this, okay?” he assured.

              “Okay, oppa,” I smiled.

           Soon, our food had arrived. Baekhyun ordered a Chorizo Pilaf while I ordered a Pancetta-wrapped fish with lemony potatoes. While we ate in silence due to the fact that the food was so delicious, Baekhyun spoke up, “So, how do you find it?”

               “It’s very good,” I nodded. In a moment, Baekhyun placed a spoon of risotto to my lips and said, “Try it.” I took it in my mouth and I swear that I could taste the hint of herbs in the risotto.

                “Do you like it?” he grinned. I smiled back in reply. Next, I let him try some of my dish. Then, Baekhyun looked at me and said while pointing, “You do have some cream on your lips.”

                 “Really, where?” I took the serviette and wiped it off.

                “It’s still there,” he pointed.

                Before I could wipe my lips, his hand reached out and he rubbed at the edge of my lips. I was stunned at his touch as though his touch stung my lips.

                 “There you go,” he smiled. I was still in a state of shock.

                “What’s wrong?” he asked in a concern manner.

                “It’s nothing,” I smiled.

              Then on, we finished our dinner and Baekhyun paid the bill and we walked out of the restaurant. “God, I’m full!” he acclaimed while patting his tummy like he was a pregnant mother at 3 months.

                 “Oppa, not here!” I freaked out when passerbys were staring at him.

                “Yah, who cares? Anyway, what do you want to do next?” he asked.

                “Why not we go for a walk at the park in front of Han river?” I replied.

                “Sounds good!” he cheered.

              As time passes by, we were walking together at the walkway in the park. Majority of the pedestrians were couples and it was awkward for me and Baekhyun to walk around when we’re not even a couple. Thankfully, there were some kids playing around at the playground. Apparently, a kid fell down and cried and immediately, Baekhyun came to his aid. Baekhyun was dusting off the boy’s knees and asking whether he was alright. The boy stopped crying and hugged Baekhyun. His mother came and thanked Baekhyun and took him away. Seriously, I never have seen this caring side of Baekhyun before.

          When Baekhyun saw me daydreaming, he waved a hand in front of me to get my attention.

             “Hello~” he waved.

             “Oh, sorry, oppa! I didn’t realize I was daydreaming,” I explained.

             “It’s alright. Want to go to a quiet place?” he suggested.

             “Sure,” I smiled.

           Then, he brought me to somewhere much quieter and we sat at one of the benches provided there.

             “What a night!” he cheered. I smiled.

             “So, did you enjoy yourself today?” he asked.

            “I did. Thanks, oppa,” I answered.

             “Don’t mention it,” he joked.

           Soon, we were in silence as we viewed the scenery in front of us. I don’t know why Baekhyun was so quiet and was constantly looking down on the ground.

              “Oppa, are you okay?” I asked in concern.

              “Joo Ee ah?” he called.

              “Oppa?” I answered.

              “I wanted to tell you something but all the time I couldn’t have the courage to face you and tell you because I was afraid of what you might think of me,” he looked at me.

             “You can tell me, oppa. Why are you afraid of saying it out?” I explained.

             “It’s because I’m afraid that the things I’m going to say could not be accepted by you,” he elaborated.

              “Oppa, why do you always think like that? I’m not like that,” I beat his arm.

              “You sure?” he asked.

              “I promise. Say it now,” I motivated him. He looked at me.

              “What I really wanted to tell you this… is… that I’m in love with you. I’m completely sick. I don’t know how it happened all these months being with you. It happened to me and I couldn’t… control it.” I was stunned with my mouth opened.

             “You do not believe on what I say, do you?” he said as he stood up. God, why is he being insecure?

              I stood up and face him. “It’s not that. It’s just that I do feel the same way as you did.” He has the same expression as what I had earlier.

             “I love you, oppa. But, I was having a dilemma whether should I go on loving you because you acted like you didn’t care. And you were giving me signs which makes me confused,” I explained.

             In an instant, I was in Baekhyun’s embrace. “I’m so sorry, Joo Ee. I shouldn’t have done that. I didn’t know I had so much effect on you.”

             “It’s alright, oppa,” I patted his back. We were released from the embrace and we looked at each other.

             “So, Joo Ee, would you be mine?” he smiled.

             “Absolutely, oppa!” I laughed. I swear I could feel my tears pooling out.

             “Omo, you’re crying!” he looked shocked and straightaway, he took out his handkerchief and wiped the tears off my face.

             “Anyway, we’ve got to go! I wouldn’t want your parents to be worried. I’ll take you home,” he said.

            Soon, we took a taxi and Baekhyun dropped me in front of my house. We both said our goodbyes and he went off in the taxi. As I entered my house and went into my room, my phone beeped a message. I took it out and it was a text from Baekhyun.

              “Goodnight, jagiya.” I smiled at the message and I replied a ‘goodnight’ message. After replying, I decided to call Hye Ri and Ha Eun to tell the good news.