Chapter 29: Suho's POV Pt. 1

When Love Stops

             “What’s taking them so long?” I asked in irritation while taking a glance at my watch. It’s been the past ten minutes that me, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were waiting for the girls. The moment the bell had rung, we quickly scrambled out of the class trying to look for a table at the cafeteria before the whole place is packed. And now, it’s just only the 3 of us waiting. Baekhyun had his left elbow propped against the table while he was busy fidgeting with his phone.

          “I don’t know,” Chanyeol mumbled. He is now slumped against the chair looking at the floor. It was silence as the three of us were observing the crowd of students passing by our table.

            “You heard right, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun popped the question. Chanyeol sat up straight while staring at Baekhyun in confusion, “What do you mean?”

            “About Hye Ri,” Baekhyun answered. My ears perked in attention the moment I heard her name. “Oh that? Ha Eun just told me this morning,” Chanyeol uttered while stretching his body.

          “What’s with Hye Ri?” Now, it is my turn to be curious and puzzled. Baekhyun gave me a you-don’t-know look. “Wait… hyung. Hye Ri didn’t tell you?” I shrugged my shoulders in reply. Baekhyun gave a long sigh and he said, “She’s with Kris.”

         That moment, everything around me just stopped. My mind had gone into a frenzy as it was registering those unexpected details. Are you serious? How can this be? I mean… it’s only two months and they’re now an… item? Although I knew Hye Ri has a crush on him… but… but… I don’t see how Kris can have feelings for her. Why?

          “Hyung? Are you there?” Chanyeol repeated those words and I realized that I was… zoned out. I sat up straight and rubbed my eyes. “Sorry… I was… a little startled… by that,” I tried to cover up.

          “I also feel the same way as you… hyung,” Baekhyun agreed with my statement. I was completely surprised by the way he had said that. “You do?” I asked him for a confirmation. “Yeah… hyung. It’s only two months. Can’t they like get to know each other more… before they… you know, take it to the next level?” Baekhyun further interpreted.

          “I have to agree with Baekhyun for that,” Chanyeol joined in. “But Baekhyun, I didn’t know what was going on with Hye Ri. I mean, I haven’t been spending time with her for the past one month. Can you like… fill me in?” I queried. “Me too,” Chanyeol cut in. “Yah… you want to listen too? I thought Ha Eun told you everything?” Baekhyun demanded. “She did. But… I want to listen too!” Chanyeol begged. Baekhyun sighed in reply. “Can you tell now before the girls might come over?” I pleaded.

            Baekhyun looked at the both of us and then, he started speaking, “You see, do you remember the other day, Hye Ri didn’t joined us for recess?” I nod in reply. “Well, you see… she was with Kris.” The hell? She told me that she was in the library studying. That means… she did lied to me… “Okay,” I acknowledged. “Then, she did confessed to Kris her feelings for him. But… he told her he wasn’t ready and he needs time.” Suddenly, my mind was recalling back the other day which was the last time I met here. No wonder, she was looking so down and she didn’t even bother to say hi to me. All because of this? And… that jerk. How can you tell her that he’s not ready? I bet he’s a wussy and he could not even stand up for her.

            “That’s all?” I asked. Baekhyun shook his head in reply. “That’s not it. The next day, he brought her out for a date and then… he asked her to be his girlfriend. And poof, the end!” What?! She just accepts him and then… they’re together? Please… I don’t think he’s sincere to do this. But now… when they’re together, all hope is lost and it just… shattered into pieces. I think… I have lost the fight.

          “Oh, there they are!” Chanyeol announced. We look to where Chanyeol was pointing and we saw the three girls walking in. There, I saw here smiling. But that… smile is not making my heart to jump in joy. Instead, her smile is… breaking my heart.

             When they had arrived, Baekhyun complained while having his arms crossed, “What’s taking you three so long? We almost died, you know?” Joo Ee answered him with a pouted face, “Sorry ah, jagi.”

              “But where were you girls?” Chanyeol asked. “We? Oh, it’s because Mr Wu wanted to see her, you know. And we were waiting for her,” Ha Eun explained in a joking way. I looked at Hye Ri. She was having that innocent blush on her face. Seeing her happy had made me disheartened just looking at her.

              “Oh, oppa! Guess what?” Joo Ee slapped his arm. Baekhyun diverted his attention towards her wondering what Joo Ee was trying to say. “You know… Hye Ri had her first kiss last night! Can’t you believe it?! They’re so cute!” Joo Ee  burst out laughing.

              “Girls,” Baekhyun muttered softly. “Yah! I can hear you, you know!” Joo Ee immediately beat his arm. “Like I would care!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes in annoyance. While the both of them were quarrelling at each other, my heart was crumbling into pieces. Seriously, does Joo Ee have to say that to rub it in my face? I should be the one to kiss her, to hold her tight… NOT HIM. I avowed to myself that I should get out of this place. I can’t take it anymore… I have to…

             I got out of my chair. The both of them had stopped when they saw me getting up. “Where are you going, hyung?” Chanyeol asked. Hye Ri was looking at me in confusion. I’m sorry… Hye Ri.

           “Uhhh… The library. I’ve got something to do,” I tried to make an excuse. Actually, I wanted to get out of this place. Baekhyun said, “Okay, hyung. See you in class later!” I waved bye to all of them including Hye Ri. I advanced towards her and I said in low spirits, “Congrats, Hye Ri.” Hye Ri looked at me and said, “Thanks… Suho.”

          Then on, I just walked off in a fast pace trying to put those feelings behind me. I had realized to the point that I should look for a quiet place to put those thoughts aside. Then, I immediately thought of my classroom. Surely, no one would be there by now and it will be better to just go there

            While I took the flight of steps towards the classroom, a familiar figure whom I have resented for now has been walking down the steps at the same time. When Kris saw me, he waved and greeted, “Hi.” I wasn’t in the mood to say hi to him seeing that I’m boiling in anger right now just looking at his face.

            “Hi,” I mumbled. Then I suddenly spat out his name, “Kris?” He stopped in his tracks and now he is facing me. “Hmm?” he nodded. My palms were twitching. “I heard you and Hye Ri… are together.” Kris answered, “That’s right.”

            “I just want to tell you… that please take care of her… and treat her well,” I advised him. Kris smiled that triumphant smile at me, “Of course, I will take care of her, Suho.” I shook my head. “I mean it, Kris. I want you to treat her with respect. It’s because… I want her to be happy,” I argued back. Kris stared at me stunned as he has never seen this serious side of me before.

             He paused for a while before he answered, “I will, Suho.” Next, I spoke those last few words at him, “If you will, then…. I wish the best for the both of you.” Kris nods his head and said, “Thanks, Suho.” Then, Kris continued walking those flight of stairs leaving me alone standing in the corner.

             Without hesitation, I took the last flight of stairs and headed towards my classroom. When I entered, there was no one inside the classroom. At least, I can be alone… for the moment. When I sat down at my respective desk, my elbows were propped against the table as my hands were combed through my hair. Thoughts were recollecting as I imagined both Hye Ri and Kris were holding hands walking together. Hye Ri’s smile brightens up easily as she looked into Kris’ eyes. But the more I looked at his face… the more vexed I am seeing Kris like this.

               You know what? That should be me holding her hand, not him! Becoming so frustrated and disappointed, I got up from my chair, clenched my right fist and made a punch towards my desk. Even though pain was rippling inside my knuckles, the thought of seeing them together was more painful than this. I screamed out in anger and made another punch with the same hand. Everyone was wrong. They just thought that I can provoke Hye Ri by showing that I should be the one. But…see what I am now? I tried my best and this is how it happens to me. I looked at my fist. Right now, it is all bruised with garish purple splotches all over each knuckle. I may need a few days for the pain to subside.

            At the same time, I had realized that I need to talk to someone. I fished my phone out of my pocket without hesitating with the non-bruised hand and dialled for Kyungsoo’s number. After hearing a few beeps, a voice answered the phone.

             “Hey, buddy! What’s up with you calling around this time?” Kyungsoo laughed.

             “Hyung, can we meet tonight? I need to talk.”


Hey guys~! Finally Chapter 29 is here.... after so long T.T I want to make an apology for making you guys wait so long for a chapter to be updated. It's because so many things are happening right now with studies, stress and migrating...etc. So,.... I want to thank you guys, seriously, for taking the time to wait. KAMSAHAMIDA!