Prologue

When Love Stops

   My fingers were still glued to the keyboard. Silence fills and it was nothing but the sound of keypads clicking in my cubicle. Whispered conversations and ringing telephones were heard right out of my boundaries. As my fingers were typing down the minutes for the staff meeting, I felt a pang of fear through myself. Could something bad happen next in a minute or soon? Why are my palms sweaty and I’m breathing abnormally? Oh come on, I’m in my cubicle doing a secretary’s job! Why should I feel scared at the moment?

    While in the midst of being preoccupied with unnecessary thoughts, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I shrieked in an instance almost hitting my knee under the table.

   “Woah! Didn’t mean to scare you!”

   It turned out to be my colleague, Sa Hye.

   “Christ! You scared me to death!”I blurted out.

   “Yah, Hye Ri! Just a tap doesn’t mean scaring you to death!” She looks annoyed with that “signature -face” there. “Maybe you’re tired or focusing too much on the computer screen. And you’re always busy, not placing time for breaks!” Yeap, she’s right. Ever since the school has been already established for the 25th year, it’s time for a new change for the school which equals to extra work for the staff, though. I miss those days back when it was10 years ago and now, it’s my 2nd year working and it does pay off a lot of memories.

     As Sa Hye was sipping her usual morning coffee, “You know today-“

     “Uhuh?”

     “Some new teacher is going to be employed here. A full-time teacher.”

    “Well, do you know anything about him at all?”

   “I don’t know. But I’ve heard he used to be a former student here and he’s some rich bloke from Gangnam.”

    My fingers jerked away in an instant instead of moving along the keypads. Could it be him?  God, why am I reacting like this. Never fear, Hye Ri, maybe it might be another guy who used to be a student here....unless if he turns up soon.

     “Well, why would he want to have this job? He’s rich enough to do something better.”

      “Beats me. Unless we see it ourselves,” Sa Hye replied.

Suddenly, Lu Han rushed into my cubicle and announced, “Guess what?! He’s here!” Sa Hye quickly dashed out of my cubicle just to have a peek. Soon, she came back surprised and stunned.

   “Oh. My. God. Hye Ri! This is new teacher is so....ahhh!” Great, there she goes again the moment she sees incredibly hot-looking men. But she and Lu Han are already a couple. But doesn’t Lu Han feels jealous or alienated when she’s being like this? Well, at least he’s tolerable.

     Without hesitation, I quickly got up from my chair and took a peep from my cubicle to look out for that new teacher. Just as the headmistress was passing by, the staff stood up in respect at her appearance. Right beside her was another figure.  A man dressed smartly and yeap, he does have good looks though… and that million-dollar smile. And he looks familiar... In a sudden flashback, I realized who he was. No it’s him! It can’t be! What is he doing here?  Just then, while he was greeting the other staff on his left side, he turned to face my direction. Without showing a sign of fear, I pretended to act cool and focus myself down at the computer windscreen to avoid his gaze.  After a few minutes, I decided to look up. Turns out he has entered into the headmistress’ office. Well, maybe it’s time I have to face my past again...


So, how was it? I hope it's okay for you guys! ^.^