Feng Meylin

Remembering Myself

"Yixing! You're back!" Mr Han, Lay's butler greeted him.

Lay raised an eyebrow at his unusual behaviour. "What's the matter, Jun? Did anything happen? You're... upbeat today..."

The 50 year old butler cleared his throat. "Nothing, sir. It's just that-"

"XINGIE~~~!!!"

Lay froze at the familiar nickname.

"M-meylin?" He turned around, and got tackled to the ground. "What are you doing here?" He asked and tried to get up, pushing her away in the process.

"Awww. Yixing! I flew here for you!" Meylin got up with a pout.

*Just when I thought the drama with you was over...* Lay thought.

He called off the wedding only days ago. And he initially thought that Meylin would visit him, but seeing as she didn't the first few days, he relaxed.

"You don't seem happy to see me!" Meylin whined.

"Why did you come here, Mey? Not that there's anything wrong with you going to Korea. But why, here?" He motioned to the house.

"I was thinking maybe it was a mistake that the wedding was called off, so I waited for a few days for someone to call back. But when no one did, I decided to come here instead." Meylin said as Lay walked to wherever his mother might be in the house.

The Zhang's house was rather big. The house itself was almost as big as the school, and the land surrounding it was 4 times that.

"Yixing...? Why did you call it off? I thought you loved me~!" Meylin grabbed his shoulder and forced him to look at her.

"Honestly, Mey. I thought I did... but I realize that I don't. Not anymore. I used to when we were kids, but it was just puppy love." Lay sighed. He wasn't keen on breaking girls' hearts.

*Then why did you do that to Junri?*

A voice in his head suddenly said, making him shake his head to snap himself out of it.

Meylin stayed quiet.

"I'm sorry, Mey..." Lay guiltily mumbled. He then his heels, and continued his pursuit for his mother, leaving Meylin alone in the hallway.

*We'll see about that, Yixing... I'll change your mind. One way or another.*

 

"Mom!" Lay exclaimed when he saw his mother reading in her private library, startling her.

"Yes?" She blinked.

"Why is Meylin here?! And when's she going back to China?!" Lay asked with wide-eyes.

"It was a surprise visit, Yixing. I don't know either. I called Mrs Feng but she said that Meylin came here on her own accord. So it's up to her." Mrs Zhang said and closed her book. "It seems she's not happy that you've called off the wedding... Give her some time to cope, okay?"

"But..." Lay tried to argue. "But where will she sleep?"

"Here, of course. There are a lot of spare rooms, Yixing." Mrs Zhang chuckled. "Don't worry, I'll put her in the East Wing. The farthest from your room, okay?"

"Yes! Thanks, mom!" Lay kissed her cheek and happily went away.

Mrs Zhang could only chuckle while shaking her head. "Silly boy."

Lay went straight to his room, checking from time to time if Meylin was anywhere in sight. He was determined to avoid her since he knew that she needed time. And her being around him won't help her digest things.

He was wrong for agreeing in the engagement in the first place, but that's why he stopped it.

Better late than never, right?

 

"Feng Meylin! Get back here this instant! Don't be so childish!"

"But, Mama! Yixing should be with me! I'm not going home until we're engaged again!" Meylin said through the phone.

"Meylin! I’m serious! This isn't how an heiress should behave! Learn how to be mature for once!" Mrs Feng sternly said.

"No. Bye, Mama. I'll go back once he's mine again." Meylin hung up on her mother.

She lay on the bed provided for her in the room at the Eastern Wing of the Zhang Mansion.

*You're going to love me again, Yixing. I'll make sure of it!*