Kiss

Remembering Myself

"Did you have a great ti-What happened?" Zelo asked as soon as he got home. Junri was lifelessly sitting on the couch, hugging her knees.

Junri looked up and arched her eyebrows. "I should ask you the same. You look green and sick."

"I rode some rides." He reasoned. "What about you? Slipped on ice?" He grinned, but his expression fell when she didn't smile. "What happened?"

She shook her head. "Nothing." She took out something from her bag. "I brought you this."

"Cookies? Where'd you get them?" He asked. He took another look at her face. "And you're... red. Did you walk all the way here?" He noticed her small shivering.

She nodded. "On the way from the park."

"That's like a 30 minute car ride from here! I could only imagine how long it took YOU to walk all the way from here. Why didn't you call for someone to take you home?!" He asked and went to the kitchen to make her something hot to drink.

"I... wanted to think." She said.

"Yeah, well thinking might give you frostbite soon if you don't do something." Zelo shook his head and poured her a chocolate drink. "Couldn't you at least made yourself something to drink? Or maybe turn on the fireplace?"

She didn't respond.

He handed her the drink and went to their automatic fireplace. "What happened? I'm sure it's not nothing."

"Tell me your day first."

Zelo turned around to glare at her, but he couldn't because he felt pity when he saw her shivering.

"Hey." He tapped a maid on the shoulder. "Can I get blankets for her? Please?"

"There are already ones on the couch, sir. We gave them to her earlier, but she didn't want them." The maid said and excused herself.

Zelo sighed and walked to the couch. He took the blankets and wrapped them around her. "Can you please act like your age?"

She weakly grinned at him. "That wouldn't be fun. So how was your day?"

Zelo hesitated, "I had a free day pass on the amusement park."

"Wasn't it closed?" Junri asked.

"Yeah... but Unlce Jiwoo had it opened just for us." Zelo said.

"Us?" Junri echoed.

He cleared his throat. "Yeah... Meylin was there." He glanced at her, and rolled his eyes when he saw her giving him a knowing grin. "It's not what you think. She was just there, and uncle Jiwoo wanted her to accompany me."

"That's considered a date, you know." She said.

"Yeah, but it's not." Zelo shook his head. "So how about you?"

She sighed.

"Ooo. That's not a good sign." He grinned.

She shot him a look. "If I tell you, can you remain calm? And not break, hit, or kill anyone or anything?"

*Am I able to break someone?* He narrowed his eyes at her. "Sure..."

"He tried to kiss me."

"What."

"He-"

"I know what you said."

"Then-"

"WAIT-WHAT." He repeated. "Where? Lips?" He asked, making Junri nod. "And what did you do?" He asked with an even tone.

Junri looked away. "I slapped him."

Zelo made wheezing sounds, trying to hold back laughter.

"Junhong." She sternly said.

"What? I'm not doing anything." He defended, but his smile was threatening to turn into laughter. "How hard?"

"... His cheek went red..."

Zelo laughed.

"Junhong!" Her face went crimson red. "I feel bad..." She murmured.

"Wait-" He faced her, all the laughter from earlier gone. "So you're sad... because you're guilty?"

"Yes."

"But why? He tried to kiss you!" He made a confused expression.

"It's not like we didn't do it before-"

"Oh my God I can't believe you just said that. Lalalalalalalala." Zelo covered his ears and started to sing.

"What's your problem? It's not like you're not going to kiss someone someday." Junri laughed.

"Ew! Why would you say that?!" Zelo asked with wide eyes.

"What? Don't be such a baby." Junri chuckled. "I bet your first kiss would be Mey-"

"LALALALALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" He ran out the living room, up to his room, leaving Junri laughing by herself.

He shut the door behind him and heaved a sigh of relief.

*At least... she laughed.* He thought with a small smile. But his smile then turned into a frown. *But then again... she thinks I haven't had my first kiss yet.* He reddened, just remembering what happened earlier.

 

"I don't want to ride any more extreme rides." Zelo said as soon as they got off the Sky Drop ride.

"But we already rode all the lame rides earlier." Meylin pouted. "And I don't want to sit in a boring ride too."

"You still haven't ridden one ride."

Zelo and Meylin looked up.

"Is that Unlce Jiwoo?" Zelo asked.

"He's saying it through intercom." Meylin nodded.

"Go to ride F-11, Meylin." Jiwoo said through the speakers.

"F-11... I think that's this way." Meylin led the way.

"What kind of ride is it?" Zelo immediately asked.

"I don't know either." Meylin shrugged. "I just memorized the maps of their code names."

As soon as they arrived, Meylin turned around.

"I'm not riding that." She immediately said.

Zelo caught her wrist. "It'll be fun!"

"It's a horror ride, you idiot!" Meylin rolled her eyes.

"So? It's not really counted as extreme." Zelo shrugged. "Besides, there's already someone waiting for us." He nodded at the staff.

Meylin gave him an incredilous look. "Are you out of your mind? It's dark. Full of spooky things... and Dark!"

Zelo pulled her anyway. "Come on! It's not like it's real. I heard this one was all mechanical. And besides, you owe me! I vomited two times already!" He reminded.

Meylin sighed. "Fine. But only once."

*Let's see about that...* He thought once they entered the horror house.

"So... we just go through the maze. Easy." Zelo read off the instructions. "Let's go." He pulled her cold hand.

"It's dark..." She whispered.

"Well, duh. It's a horror house." He stated. "And you're cutting the circulation off my arm."

"It's your fault anyway!" She glared at him, still clutching his arm. "And it's cold! As if winter wasn't enough..." She murmured.

There was a chainsaw noise, immediately setting alarm on both.

"Okay... This may have been a bad choice." Zelo thought out-loud, running to the right. They heard maniacal laughter, making Meylin's nails dig into Zelo's skin.

"You think?!" She half-whispered, half-yelled. "If I die here, it's your fault!"

He laughed out loud. "It's fake. I'm sure nothing will kill you."

"Shhhh!" She hushed him.

They were running into circles. They've come across the same dead end two times already.

She suddenly stopped running. "Zelo..." She whispered.

"Yeah?" He stared at her.

"Something is touching my foot." She whispered in horror.

Zelo looked down at her foot, and pulled something. "It's a... hand..."

Meylin let out a bloody shriek and jumped into Zelo. "LET'S RUN!" She said and pulled him with so much force, he almost tripped.

"Do you even know where you're going?" Zelo panted.

"It beats being around that hand! It looked so real!" She yelled.

*It felt real too.* He thought, but didn't want to tell Meylin. Afraid the latter might rip off his arm. "Oh... crap." He skidded to a stop.

"I thought you said this was all mechanical." Meylin said in a dead-pan tone, as they stared at a lady with a bloody head.

"... I thought so too." Zelo replied. The lady started walking towards them.

"AHHHH!" Meylin screamed again and was about to run away. But Zelo was in the way.

She crashed onto his chest. Hard. Causing both of them to tumble down.

"Owwww..." She whimpered.

*Something's... SOMETHING'S TOUCHING MY FOOT!* Zelo panicked and sat up. But his lips ended up touching someone elses.

 

*And that is how I lost my first kiss...* He grimaced. He shook his head. *It was embarrassing because that ghost lady was there to witness it too...* He thought. *Not to mention Uncle Jiwoo saw the whole thing through the security camera's...* He touched his lips. *AND IT WAS WITH MEYLIN OH MY GOD.* His cheeks heated up. *... Is that such a bad thing?*

He shook his head again. *What am I thinking? I barely even know her. And judging from how EXO M is annoyed by her, she should be... well... annoying.* He thought. He sighed and sat at the foot of his bead. *But she's not. All she's been is nice to me. And friendly. She's not all that bad... Maybe she changed from whatever she was before.* He lay down on his bed, facing the ceiling. *Why am I even considering this? I... I can't like her... Can I? More importantly, do I?*

"I bet you're talking to Meylin right now." Junri hollered outside Zelo's door.

"I'm not!" He yelled back with a frown.