Friends

Remembering Myself

"So care to tell us why you were eavesdropping on us?" Kris raised an eyebrow at Junri. They finally stopped running and seeked refuge under a tree that was at the opposite side of school where the gym was.  THAT took a lot of running.

"I wasn't!" Junri waved her hands in front of her. "I was just looking for you guys because I-or namely my parents-wanted to invite you guys."

"To the Choi's Evening Ball next week?" Xiumins ears perked up.

"Yeah. How'd you know?" Junri asked.

"Well, some of us already attended that years ago. Except, in the past, we weren't close with you." Luhan explained. After all, some of them did not want to leave China at the time.

"Ohhhh." Junri nodded. "Are you guys going with dates?"

"Why? Wanna be mine?" Kris teased.

"Ha-ha. Wu Yifan." Junri rolled her eyes. "But, no. I'm curious."

"Nope."

"Nah."

"Boring."

"Why would I?"

"I don't know."

Kris, Xiumin, Chen, Tao and Luhan said.

"What about you?" Junri turned to Lay, who was sitting in front of her, leaning on another tree with Kris and Chen.

"Well, since he's no longer engaged, that's a no-no." Chen laughed, making Lay push him to the grass.

"You were engaged?" Junri's eyes widened.

The boys looked at each other.

They knew they shouldn't tell her much about her past, but it wouldn't hurt to give her some minor details right?

"Yeah. You know that girl earlier, Feng Meylin?" Kris asked.

"SHE was Feng Meylin of the Feng Amusement Park Corps?" Junri gaped. "Why did you guys make me run away from her?! I bet she must think I'm a snob now!"

"Shhh. Calm down. She didn't even see you." Luhan laughed. "But anyway, Feng Meylin was supposed to be Lay's betrothed."

Junri glanced at Lay. "What stopped the engagement?"

The boys looked away uncomfortably. But Lay held her gaze.

"I just... I don't know. It was a stupid arrangement from the start." Lay admitted.

Junri made a face. "She was THE Feng Meylin! How could you let her go?"

"Doesn't matter." Luhan waved it away. "You're much better anyway." He grinned.

"Geez. You guys are such flirts." Junri rolled her eyes, making the boys laugh. And also, not understanding the hidden meaning behind that.

"Only to you, babe." Chen winked.

"Gahhh! Annoying!" Junri covered her face that was now crimson red.

The boys laughed heartily at her reaction, and even Lay, who now learned to let go.

"So, you guys got on the wrong foot. But let's start a new here, okay?" Xiumin said. As the eldest, he took responsibility. "Lay, Junri. Junri, Lay."

"Hey." Lay smiled politely, showing his dimple.

"H-Hi." Junri mentally slapped herself for stuttering. "I mean, Hi!" She recovered with a bright smile.

"So, Junri, are you going with anyone?" Chen asked.

"No. Why?"

"Be mine, noona!" Tao beamed at her, before Chen pushed him away. "No way. I was going to ask her."

"Pssh. You guys are not her style." Kris rolled his eyes. "I think she'd rather go with me."

"She'll go with me. Tell them, Junri!" Luhan jumped up and down. "As the eldest, I have the rights to her." Xiumin dismissed

"I'm right here, you know!" Junri gave them a look.

"Exactly! Tell them, Junri!!!" Luhan ignored her irritation.

"You're so childish, Lu-ge."

"Coming from the one who said 'be mine, noona!'" Luhan gave Tao a dry look.

Lay covered his face while laughing at their conversation. Are these people at any way, normal?

No.

But he can't help but feel his stomach stir at their words.

*Can former lovers be really just friends again?* He asked himself. *Even if you can't remember anything, Junri... Everything is still as fresh as it just happened yesterday to me.*

"I'm not going with any of you!" Junri crossed her arms.

"She'll probably go with one of B.A.P" Xiumin deduced. However, wrongly. "My bet's on Youngjae hyung!" Tao squealed. "Himchan, for me." Chen smirked. "Yongguk. Leaders stick together." Kris wisely said.

"You're the leader?" Tao blinked.

"BUUUURRRRRNNNN!" Chen yelled, making Lay and Kris cover their ears.

"I still think she'll go with me." Luhan announced. "Come on! Just tell them, Junri!"

"You guys are so annoying!"

"I think she should go with Daehyun." Lay blurted, and the EXO M members and Junri turned to him. "What? They look okay together!" He defended.

"NOOOOOOO!!! JUNRI X YOUNGJAE!" Tao yelled at the top of his lungs, breaking the short silence that enveloped them and also making them laugh.