Our Difference

Remembering Myself

"Please! Just ask her out." Zelo pleaded Lay. It was already Friday, and if the latter didn't have the courage to ask her out now, all of Zelo's sacrifice would be for nothing.

Lay sighed. "I don't know... I mean... She hates me..."

"No! She'll accept it. I promise." Zelo crossed his heart.

"And I'm busy this Saturday." Lay added. "I have to finish a project."

"How about dinner? With her? Please? Just trust me this time!" The younger shook Lay by the shoulders. "I'm begging you."

"Lay. Her younger brother is begging you. I don't think you'll have another chance like this." Luhan nudged Lay.

Lay still didn't seem to want to go. "I... I'm not sure..."

"Come on. Just go there and ask her. She'll agree, like Zelo promised." Xiumin tried to convince, but Lay didn't budge.

"What if I end up doing something wrong again?" Lay asked. "What if it's worse this time and she'll want to move to another country because of me?!"

Kris rolled his eyes. "You're overestimating yourself."

"Just do it. I don't think you'd want to miss a chance like this." Tao said.

Lay looked at Zelo. "Can't you ask her for me?"

Zelo thought for a while. *Oh yeah... She didn't say that wasn't allowed...* "Pick her up at 6." He said and sprinted back to B.A.P's table.

"Well that was easy." Chen blinked.

 


“… You're happy." Daehyun looked at Zelo who was wearing a big smile.

The younger immediately went to Junri's side. "He'll pick you up at 6 PM."

Junri furrowed her eyebrows. "I don't recall him asking..."

"You didn't say I could ask FOR him." Zelo pointed out with a grin. "Yes!" He exclaimed happily.

Junri frowned. "That doesn't count."

"Why? You want him to ask you personally?" Himchan raised an eyebrow at her.

Her cheeks started to tint with red. "That's not what I meant!"

"So you agree? That's good then." Zelo said.

Junri let out an aggravated sigh.

"Oh. Worrying about clothes already?"

Junri shot Yongguk a look.

"Sometimes I wonder why I don't have girl friends." She grumbled and stabbed her rice.

Jongup blinked. "Isn't that because you're manly?"

 

"Aren't you going to get ready?"

"We're going tomorrow, not tonight." Zelo pointed out, turning to her from his computer. "And we're going to a cemetery. I don't need to wear a suit, do I?"

Junri crossed her arms. "Still."

"You're just bitter because you have a date tomorrow." He grinned at her.

"It's weird because you hate it when I go on dates." Junri furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you going somewhere other than the cemetery tomorrow?"

Zelo coughed. "No."

Her eyes widened. "You are! Where?!"

Zelo mumbled something.

"I can't hear you."

"It's nothing."

"Tell me!" She pulled on his hair.

"Ow! Alright! Geez!" He slapped her hands away. "Amusement Park, okay? I'm going there alone."

"I bet someone's waiting for you there." Junri grinned at him. "It's Meylin, isn't it?"

"It's weird because you should hate her, shouldn't you?" Zelo asked, evading her question.

She stared at him. "Not really..."

"Because...?"

"Because she's nice." Junri shrugged. "And... it wasn't her fault he chose her over me." She grimaced.

Zelo frowned. He didn't mean for the subject to stray this far. "He didn't really intend to do that you know, he thought he was giving you what you wanted." Zelo explained. "After all... you said you wanted space because it was all getting to you." He recalled her exact words.

She nodded. "Yeah. I guess so. I'm going." She said and left his room, going to her own.

*I didn't mean to be harsh... but I just want you to see.* Zelo thought. *I was wrong to keep you away from him and also blame what happened to him.* He sighed. *I just needed something to get mad at... and it was him. But now, I realize I just made things worse than they already are.*

 

"You ready?" Zelo blinked at Junri. "After we go there, you're going home, right?"

She nodded. "Yes. I'll stay here."

"Okay." Zelo said and checked the clock. "Our driver is just eating his breakfast. Let's wait."

"So... what made you want to visit her?" Junri suddenly asked. "Other than that stupid deal, of course."

Zelo shrugged.

"You're... moving on?" She guessed. She noticed his jaw clenched. "That's really... nice, Junhong."

He nodded.

"She... You loved her?" Junri asked.

He nodded again.

"And now...?" She asked.

He looked at her. "Maybe it's time to love another?"

She nodded.

"That doesn't apply to you, of course."

She frowned at him. "Well why not?"

"I don't know. If you're trying, you must be really bad at it." He grinned at her. "Admit it noona... You can't let hyung go. You might as well get married to him."

"Why? You want to get rid of me that badly?" She joked. "But... you never know. He might be able to do it again."

"Noona. I heard he even knelt on ice for you. That has to mean something." He said. "Try to just... give him a chance. You don't have to trust him."

"Yeah... whatever." She said. "Come on. The driver is waiting." She said and went outside.

Zelo followed after her and closed the door behind him. "You know the place, right?" He asked the driver.

"Yes, sir. I shall wait outside." The driver said and drove off.

"It's a lot better from when I visited... it was raining then." Junri said. "Snow is better than rain."

Zelo hummed.

"Right here, thank you." Junri smiled at the driver and opened the door, hopping out with Zelo behind her. "Let's go." She held his arm and walked beside him. "This place is pretty, don't you think?"

"You're talking about a cemetery, noona. Remember that." He pointed out. "But with the snow... it really is pretty."

Junri saw something poking out of his jacket. "You brought a flower?"

"Yeah." He slightly reddened. "I... just wanted to pay respects."

"That's kind of you, then." Junri gently said. She stopped walking and let out a sigh. "Here we are then."

Zelo nodded. He stared at the grave. "I still can't believe it though... Is she really under there?"

Junri chuckled. "Yes. She is. She's supposed to be... 20. Right?"

Zelo nodded again. He knelt down and pulled out the single stock of Star Gazer, putting it down on the polished marble. "I really can't believe it..." He whispered, touching the clean marble. "It's just like yesterday or maybe the day before when we first met her."

"You were much smaller then, though." Junri made a face in an attempt to joke. "But... what really happened Junhong? What's your side of the story?" She asked. "I know Henry's... what about yours?"

Zelo blinked. "I... Whenever we were together, we would pick cherry tomatoes at their garden. We'd eat and then play with the horses. We grew close through that... One day, on our second summer there, I heard her singing to the birds." He smiled at the memory. "I joked and said 'I bet you can't rap like me' and then started rapping some song. She surprised me by rapping really well. I grew jealous of her talent and I challenged her to dance. She did." He chuckled. "We looked so weird dancing in a barn. But in the end... we just laughed it off."

"Did it begin there?"

He shook his head, still staring at the name engraved on the marble plaque. "No. It began way before that. I found myself missing her after our first visit. We wrote through letters, because she didn't have a phone, nor a laptop or computer." He exhaled. "I... saved all of them. Our letters, I mean. They're in my room. I couldn't bear to part with them... even when she told me she liked Henry hyung instead of me." He explained. "I got some sort of trauma after that." He chuckled.

"We're so different... I just noticed." Junri said with furrowed eyebrows, suddenly making Zelo glance at her. "I mean... We don't look alike. We have way different talents. Your hair is some sort of blonde color thing."

"It was dyed, noona." He chuckled. "Go on."

"And when we react to pain... I shut everyone out and try to move on..." She looked at him.

"While I hang on tight." Zelo continued with a smile. "We should switch, right? Well... except for that shutting everyone out part. You should really fix that."

Junri laughed. "I will."

Zelo stood up. "But... I learned to let go." He added. "Why don't you learn to hang on, then?"

Junri's laughter faded and she stared at her brother.

"He's trying this time. Just wait and see." He patted her head and walked past her. "Let's go. I'm going to be late for my date."

Junri snorted and walked beside him. "You admitted it?"

"Yes." He nodded. "Just don't tell anyone yet." He put his index finger in front of his lips.

"Sure thing." She laughed.

He opened the car door for her. "You should get ready too, you know. Just in case." He shrugged.

"You said I should only wear casual clothing." She furrowed her eyebrows and went inside the car.

He grinned. "Yeah... But I'm sure you're going to start changing your mind and start to panic later."