Date(s)

Remembering Myself

"And where are YOU going?" Zelo asked, raising an eyebrow at Junri's attire. "That shirt is too thin."

"It is a T-Shirt, Junhong." She rolled her eyes. "This is how thick it can get. I'll be wearing a thick jacket later anyway. And I told you already! Last night!"

"I don't recall..." He narrowed his eyes at her. "And even so, I would not have agreed."

"You're not the one going on a date, so you don't have a say in it." Junri stuck her tongue at him. "And fyi, these are my pajamas."

"You're going on your pajamas then?"

Junri shot him a look. "Funny."

"I know."

Junri sighed and rolled her eyes. She sat down opposite of Zelo on the table. "I'm going. You can't forbid me or anything.

Zelo frowned. "But noona!" He whined. "He's a bad man!"

"No he's not, Junhong. Believe me, I would know what a bad man is." Junri tiredly said. "And besides, Dad told you to go to the amusement park and talk to the head there about advertising. After all, you owe me an errand." She reminded.

"Sometimes I wish you didn't remember..." He muttered under his breathe.

"I heard that." Junri chuckled. "Not to mention you owe me an icecream and marshmallows." She said and stood up.

"Since when?!" Zelo gaped at her. "I'm not made of money!" Even being heirs and heiresses, their allowance was really low and meager.

"Since now. When you decided to say what you said." Junri said and went back upstairs.

Zelo grumbled. *She's so bossy...*

 

"Are you going to be okay?" Junri asked just before she stepped out the car.

"If I said no will you come with me then?" Zelo asked.

Junri chuckled. "No. Not really."

Zelo deflated.

"Cheer up. I'm sure it'll be fine. Take care." She said and closed the door behind her.

Zelo took one last glance from the back of the car, and he saw Lay greeting her with a bow.

He made a confused expression. *Formalities? What's he up to?*

"You're early." Junri pointed out.

Lay grinned. "Of course I would be."

"And how did you know Junhong would be busy today?" Junri curiously asked. If it hadn't been for that sudden errand her father asked him to do, she would probably locked at home right now.

Lay mysteriously smiled. "Let's just go. I have a place in mind." He held her gloved hand and led her to the inside of the park.

Junri tried her best to ignore her nervousness. "What are we going to do here?" *It feels like the first date all over again...*

"As you probably would have noticed, it is snowing." He gestured around the white cloud-like powder everywhere. "That means... the lake is frozen!"

Junri stiffened. "You don't mean..."

"Yes. I will teach you how to skate." Lay proudly announced and pulled her again, much stronger this time because she was refusing to move. "Come on!" He laughed. "Don't be scared. I'm here to teach you. You'll be fine." He smiled at her and pulled her again.

"B-but..." She blinked. She could already hear the laughter from the people who were skating. "I don't have skates!"

"I brought some already."

"What if I fall?"

"You won't."

"But Yixing!"

"It'll be fine, Junri." Lay gently said, causing her to let her defences fall. "Come on. Please?"

Junri sighed, but looked away. "Fine."

"Yes! Now let's go!" Lay pulled her again.

Junri gulped. *I can do this, right? But... considering I have two left feet, probably not.*

Lay tied her laces for her, and pulled her up.

"Are you sure about this, Yixing?" She asked with trembling hands. "We can always go next year..." *Or never.*

Lay laughed and put an arm on her waist so he could support her. "I'm sure. See? It's not so bad."

Junri swallowed. She didn't know how to move, in fear of having her face planted on the ice.

"You'll have to move if you want to go somewhere."

Junri blinked. "Yixing!" She tried her best to remain calm knowing Lay had let go of her.

He gracefully slid in front of her. "Come on. Just like riding a bike."

"I don't know how to ride a bike!" Junri panicked.

*Maybe I should've tought her that first...* Lay thought. He dismissed the idea. "It's easy. Just try sliding your feet."

"Yixing!" She yelled in panic. The moment her right foot moved, she slipped and almost fell if Lay didn't catch her. "This was a bad idea!"

"Are you kidding? I'm having fun!" Lay laughed and let her stand up right again. "As long as it's with you, of course." He added.

Junri rolled her eyes. "You're just saying that so I'll stay."

Lay smiled at her. "Yes. But I do mean every word. So of course I'll make you stay."

Junri rolled he eyes again, but she definitely couldn't stop her cheeks from burning up.

Lay grinned at her and poked her cheek. "I got through you, didn't I?"

"Shut up." She grumbled and looked away.

Lay chuckled. "As long as I know I can still make you blush, that ensures I have a chance."

Junri blinked at his words and turned to face him again. He was wearing a sincere smile, making her insides melt.

"Come on. I'll teach you." Lay pulled her, guiding her.

 

"I don't understand how I ended up here..." Zelo grumbled and pressed the elevator buttons. He was heading to the office of the amusement park which was at the top floor where the merchandise was bought. "Alone, too." He added.

He stepped out of the elevator and looked around.

"Huh... It's nicer than I thought." He told himself.

"What did you expect? Candy and rides everywhere?"

He jumped at the voice, but furrowed his eyebrows and turned to the person it came from.

"Meylin?"

She waved with a grin. "Hello."

Zelo blinked. "I'm looking for the head here. Is he around?"

She nodded. "In here." She stepped aside and opened the door for him. "I'm an assistant today." She informed, answering the question he mentally asked himself.

"Oh." Zelo nodded and went inside. He was greeted immediately by the man sitting on the big chair. "Good Morning, sir."

The man smiled at him. "Why, Junhong. Formal, aren't we? I'm your Uncle Shin Jiwoo!" He stood up and shook Zelo's hand.

"Uncle Jiwoo?" Zelo furrowed his eyebrows. "You... lost weight..." He blinked. Last time he remembered, Jiwoo was round... not buff.

"I had some excercise." The bulky man shrugged.

*Yes. You had.* Zelo thought.

"So about the advertising in your magazine..." The man started. "There are many rides here that attract a lot of attention. Why don't you choose the three that will be featured?"

"Me?" Zelo pointed at himself. "Why? How?"

"Well you're a teenager." The man reasoned. "So you should know which ones are the most fun. You can choose by riding them now. I can give you a free pass."

"I don't know..." Zelo murmured.

Jiwoo glanced at Meylin who was standing near the door, and he smiled. "Why don't you go with Meylin ssi?"

Meylin's eyes widened. "Me?"

"Same reaction." Jiwoo chuckled. "Yes. You two are teenagers so you can find which ones are the best. Go on. I can wait till late this afternoon. Just tell the one at the counter, Meylin." He said and closed the door.

Zelo looked at Meylin.

Meylin's eyes were as wide as saucers. *I was only supposed to be here so I would help uncle! Yixing... That little demon.*

Zelo sighed. "Let's go then."

"What?" Meylin stared at him.

Zelo shrugged. "Why waste free passes?"

"B-but-"

"Come on!" Zelo pulled her to the elevator. "It'll be fun." He smiled at her.

Meylin nodded. "Okay then..."

They took their free passes and went to the amusement park.

"So where should we go first?" Zelo asked.

Meylin shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't been here before."

Zelo stared at her. "You haven't been to one of your family's own amusement parks?"

"This isn't one of my family's parks." She shook her head. "I was only here to learn a few things, not necessarily play."

"But it's a park! How could you NOT play?" Zelo asked. "Well, whatever. Let's just go on that one." He pointed at the roller coaster.

She swallowed. "Yeah... Let's go..."

Zelo inwardly laughed. *Let's see how long you hold on.*

 

"We should stop this before I kill myself, Yixing." Junri breathed, clutching onto Lay's arm.

Lay shook his head. "You still haven't learned. Come on. All you have to do is balance yourself." He skated backwards, pulling Junri in the process. She was as stiff as a rock. "Relax, Ri. The ice won't kill you." He chuckled.

"But it could hurt." Junri retorted.

"Here. I'll let you go."

"W-WAIT!" Junri tried to hold on to him, but he already distanced himself. "Yixing! Get back here!"

"See? You're doing fine." Lay smiled at her.

She glanced down at herself. *Huh...*

"Now try moving." He instructed.

She took baby steps at first, then she started to slide.

"Not so bad, is it?" Lay said, skating alongside her. "Let's race!" He skated past her.

"W-wait! I can't!" She panicked.

"Just do it!" Lay hollered with a laugh. "You're doing fine!"

Junri stiffly nodded. She gulped and shakily skated on the ice, almost bumping onto some children. *Darn. Why can't I skate like them?*

 

"Let's go again!"

Zelo gaped at Meylin with horror. "Are you kidding? That ride was hell!" He was paler than the snow that was resting on the ground.

"It was fun." Meylin blinked. "Come on. Just one last?"

"That's what you said for the last three times." Zelo pointed out. He looked away when she started giving him that look. "Stop."

"Just one last?"

Zelo sighed. "Fine. One last. After this, we're going on the merry-go round."

"What? Lame!" Meylin laughed. "Let's go on the Viking next time!" She said, pulling Zelo to a seat again.

Zelo grimaced. *The... Viking?* He stared at the ride that was right infront of the roller coaster entrance. The large ship-like ride wasn't moving, since the two were the only ones inside the amusement park because it was supposed to be closed, but he could already visualize how hard it would swing. "Can we ride something else?" He asked, but Meylin was already in her own little world, waiting as the coaster went up. *Oh God... I made a terrible mistake.* He thought when they reached the top.

 

"Gotcha!" Junri lightly slapped Lay's back when she reached him.

Lay shook his head. *One day... and she turns into an expert.* He thought. "Wanna go for a drink?"

Junri skidded to a stop and skated towards him. "Okay. Where?"

"There's someone selling hot chocolate over there." He pointed and led the way. "It was fun, wasn't it?" He asked, taking off his skating shoes.

Junri nodded. "Yes. Thankyou."

"See? You should trust me more." Lay cheekily grinned at her.

Junri snorted. "Whatever, Yixing."  She said and sat on the nearest bench.

"I'll go buy." Lay said and walked off. "Two, please." He handed the old man money and accepted the two drinks. "Thankyou."

"On a date, young boy?" The old man asked with a smile.

Lay shrugged. "You can say that." He said and walked back to Junri.

"Thanks." She said and sipped on the hot drink. "Why did you suddenly think of skating, by the way?"

"I wanted to try something different." Lay answered. "But you had fun, right?"

"Yes, Yixing." She chuckled. "I had fun."

"Good. I did too." Lay said. "So... is this counted as a first date all over again?"

Junri sighed.

"Oh. I didn't mean to... offend you." Lay blinked. "If that's what I did."

"No. It's not that. It's just... you keep reminding me of what happened." Junri sadly smiled at him. "It's not really a good feeling to be a second choice."

"Are you?" Lay asked.

"You tell me." She answered.

"Well... you're not." Lay put down his emtpy cup. "Believe me, there aren't any other choices-not that that's bad a thing... It's just-what I'm trying to say is that... I wasn't thinking." He said. "I feel stupid just thinking about it. But we can't avoid it, right? It happened. And... this happened." He gestured around them. "As long as you want me, I'll stay."

Junri stared at the snow on her boots. "Really?" But her tone was neutral and distant.

"Yes, really. Please, trust me." Lay frowned. "I'm really sorry..."

Junri looked at him, and he wanted to choke himself. She wasn't crying... but her face was just blank. Devoid of emotions. "Last time I did that... it didn't end well."

"But... it still means something." Lay reasoned. "Now, more than ever!" He stood up and kneeled on the snow.

"Stand up, Yixing. You're going to ruin your pants." Junri sighed and shook her head.

"No. Please, understand that I really am sorry. It's not that simple sorry, it's that kind of sorry that made me go through all the trouble of having to call someone to distract your brother and also trick the other members just so they won't spy on us!" He said in one breathe. But still, Junri didn't look at him. "It's that kind of sorry that wakes me up at night..." He whispered and held her hand that was resting on her knees. "That kind of sorry that makes me kneel infront of you now. On cold snow..."

Junri stared at him. She wasn't smiling though.

"I... I know I don't deserve you." Lay admitted. "I know I don't deserve to even ask for forgiveness... But I'm doing it anyway because I'm really desperate this time." He stared into her blank eyes. "I'm really desperate to have you back. I'm selfish enough to try everything." He pulled his right sleeve back, revealing his bracelet. "Not one day, when I didn't wear it after we bought it. Even when we broke up, I didn't take it off..." He revealed. "Please, forgive me..." He pleaded. He stood up and kissed the back of her hand. "I love you, Junri. Please, say you love me too?"

"... Last time I said that... It didn't end well." She mumbled, looking away.

Lay felt his heart break. But he didn't want to give up. He pulled her up and whispered to her ear. "It didn't end, Ri..." And inched his way to her lips...

A slap was heard, causing some of the people on the park to look in their direction.

Junri glared at him, while Lay held his stinging cheek with his right hand.

"I thought you knew better." She said in a low voice before walking away from him.

Lay slumped on the bench, still holding his red cheek. He closed his eyes and let his head hang low. *Yixing... You idiot.*