Henry Lau

Remembering Myself

"Are you signing up for Dance Class miss?" The receptionist lady smiled at Junri.

"Uhm no. Actually, Piano class." Junri shyly bit her lip. "And I was just asking where the room is. I already signed up through phone and my schedule is 10-12 in the morning."

"Ah. Choi Junri? You alotted two appointments." The receptionist lightly chuckled. "On the second floor, down the hallway. The room next to the Dance Room C. The walls are soundproofed in this facility so you won't have to worry about the noise." She nodded with a smile. "Oh, and you're 10 minutes early so you can sit outside the room for a while."

"Thankyou." Junri curtly nodded.

"Piano Class? Why?" Zelo asked as Junri prepared her things. "And how come I only found out about this now?

"Well... I just want to remember how to play the Piano." Junri shrugged as she looked for her earphones. "I just felt the need to. Whenever I come home, I sit on that chair and stare at the keys. I just want to be able to play again, I guess. And, you didn't ask."

"That's not an excuse." He pointed out "Hmm... Well, okay then. If that's what you want." Zelo heaved a sigh and lay on her bed, his feet touching the floor. "But don't overwork yourself."

"Yeah, yeah." Junri chuckled.

"And comeback once it's over. Right away. No delays."

"But what if-"

"Oh! Bring me home some cookies, too!"

"But how will-"

"I want chocolate chip, not oatmeal. Yuck!"

"CHOI JUNHONG!!!"

Junri sat on the bench that was infront of the door of Piano Room A. There were windows that could let you see from the outside of the hallways into the room, but the blinds were closed on the Piano room.

She leaned her head on the wall, and her eyes drifted off to the Dance Room. The windows weren't covered so she could see straight into the room. She didn't know if the windows were tainted so the people inside couldn't see her, or the dancers in there were so confident that they didn't mind being stared at.

She saw a familiar dark brown haired head, and squinted her eyes to see who it was, but-

"Miss Choi? You can come in now."

Junri snapped her attention back to her own lessons, and went inside the room.

"Choi Junri. 18 Years Old. Studies at Seoul High Academy." The Pianist instructor read her info out-loud. "Wow. You must really be determined to have bought two sessions." He chuckled. "My name is Henry Lau, call me Henry. I'm only 20 years old so no need to be too formal with me." He smiled in a good-naturedly way.

"Okay." Junri blinked.

"Well, let's begin. Shall we? But first, do you have any experience with the Piano?" Henry asked and sat beside her on the Piano stool.

"Well... I do?" Junri unsurely said. "I... I used to play the Piano..."

"I won't force you to say anything, so you can stop because you clearly seem uncomfortable." Henry chuckled. "Let's start from scratch and I'll gauge your skills. Sound good?"

Junri nodded with a grateful smile.

 

"Wow... You're really good." Henry complimented, making Junri slightly pink. "Do you really need these lessons?" He joked. "I'm kidding. But seriously, you're really good."

"Thanks." Junri smiled.

"I was waiting for a compliment too, but okay." Henry joked, making Junri laugh.

"How did you learn how to play the piano?" Junri asked all of a sudden.

Henry smiled and started to play with the piano keys. "My mother. She taught me. You should meet her someday! Well, not in THAT way. But, you know what I mean."

Junri chuckled at his dorkiness.

It's only been almost two hours, and she's already grown close to Henry. Well, it was made easy with his easy-going and funny personality.

"It's the end of your session." Henry said as his phone alarmed. "Do you have to go somewhere or you wanna have lunch with me?"

"Hmmm..." Junri made a thoughful expression. "I'll think about that offer tomorrow."

"I'll starve by then." Henry snorted.

Junri laughed. "I'm kidding. But, I can't. I have to go home. My brother's waiting for me. See you next week." She smiled and took her stuff.

"Bye!" Henry said as she left the room.

He was soon left alone in the Piano room, playing with the keys.

"How come you don't remember me...?"


I added Henry as a character here, if you noticed.

I just had the sudden idea come to me, you know? 

Thankyou for waiting for my updates, though. :D

I appreciate it. I really do :) Sorry I don't reply much to comments too.

I'm shy. XD