Like A Hawk

Remembering Myself

"I'm guessing it all went well?" Kris raised an eyebrow at Lay who was broadly smiling.

Lay nodded. "It did."

"Can you elaborate then?" Luhan asked.

Lay thought for a while. "I... can't really explain." He shrugged. "But all I know is, we're okay now." He said with a sigh of relief.

"How come she's still sitting on Hansol's seat then?" Xiumin curiously asked.

Lay chuckled. "Because I annoy her."

Tao made a confused expression, but Kris put a hand on his shoulder and shook his head.

"It's amazing because Zelo didn't do anything at all." Chen blinked. "It's like he doesn't know they even went on a date. Look at him! He's completely NOT threatening Yixing."

Lay just grinned. "Yeah... I guess so..."

 

"Aren't you going to eat with your new slash past boyfriend?" Zelo asked Junri.

Junri raised an eyebrow at him. "Last time I checked, it's not your business."

"Woah. What happened between the two of you?" Himchan asked them. The two siblings were cold to each other since morning.

"Someone came home with a broken wrist last night." Junri grumbled.

"I'm still not telling you how if you keep acting like that." Zelo pointed out.

Junri rolled her eyes. "I can't trust you to tell me the truth anyway."

"You two are giving me a headache." Yongguk sighed. "Just tell us all what happened, Zelo."

Zelo kept his mouth shut.

"I'm not really in the mood to entertain you." Yongguk said with a deadpan expression that made the maknae sigh in defeat.

"Fine." He grumbled. "I slipped on ice while I was walking home. And then, as soon as I did arrive at home, noona started telling me how irresponsible I was and that I should've gone to the hospital."

"And he still didn't." Junri huffed. "We had to call the doctor over."

Daehyun blinked. "That's all?"

"She was rude and bossy!"

"He was being stupid!"

They both shouted at each other, causing some people to look in their way. It wasn't normal to see the Choi siblings quarrel.

"This is just stupid I won't even help." Daehyun shook his head.

Youngjae nudged him to be quiet. "I'm sure the both of you just had... misunderstandings. I mean, Junri was just being a caring sister and Zelo was just trying his best not to worry the older." He calmly explained.

"Whatever." Junri sighed.

Zelo mouthed, "See?"

"Noona, are you okay?" Jongup asked as soon as he noticed her pained expression.

Junri looked up. "Oh. What? It's nothing. I have a headache." She dismissed.

"You nag me but you don't take care of yourself?" Zelo scoffed. He took some pills from his bag and lightly slid it to her. "There." He huffed.

Yongguk just shook his head with a smile. *What an odd pair these two make...* Because no matter what, they always seemed to do the best for each other.

"Whatever." Junri grumbled again but removed and drank the pills. "Happy?" She asked with a frown.

Zelo ignored her and continued eating.

 

The ride home for the siblings was oddly quiet. Even though they were fighting, they would usually still bicker. The younger grew worried and guilty.

"Noona? I'm sorry... I didn't mean to be... stupid." He squeaked.

Junri just weakly smiled. "It's okay. I wasn't really mad. I just have a headache." She admitted. "I'm sorry too."

"Oh... okay." Zelo blinked. But still, after minutes of their apology, the car ride was quiet. He glanced at his sister, but she had her eyes closed. *At least she forgave me already...* He thought. But it still did worry him how quiet they both were. They didn't talk about their day like usual and she didn't once about his date with Meylin since he came home on Saturday. He sighed and shook his head, brushing his thoughts away. *It's probably nothing...*

"We're here, noona." He lightly nudged her awake. It was only a 15 minute car drive, but she seemed really tired.

"Oh." She rubbed her eyes awake. "Thanks." She mumbled and got off the car, lazily walking to her room.

He frowned in concern. He immediately went to the kitchen and called for one of the maids in their room.

"Hey... Can you make noona some soup? She has a headache." He asked. He was always informal with the maids, since he had already grown close to them anyway.

"Of course, Junhong." She nodded and went to the kitchen. "Is Samgyetang okay?" She asked.

Zelo nodded. "Thanks, Sulji noona." He said and walked up to his room. He noticed Junri's room was oddly quiet. *That headache must really be bad...* He thought and went to his room.

From the other side of the hall, all Junri could do was lay on her bed and stare at her ceiling.

*I already took two painkillers...* She thought while massaging her temples. *Maybe it's a flu or something...* She thought with a sigh.

She stood up and sat on her desk instead. *There's homework.* She remembered and fished out her notebooks in her bag. All she needed to do was write a 500 word essay about Down Syndrome for her Biology Class and she's free to sleep.

*Wait. Did we even study Chromosomes?* She furrowed her eyebrows. She flipped the pages of her notebook back and she frowned. *Oh. We did. Two weeks ago.*

She shook her head and began reading, writing down on the way. Her forehead creased whenever she made mistakes, so she just used the one she was writing now as a scratch paper.

Roughly two hours when a maid came in and put a bowl on her desk.

"It's not good to overwork yourself with a headache, Junri ssi. Drink this so it wouldn't be as bad." The maid gently said. "I'll come later to take the empty bowl back."

Junri blinked. "O-oh... Thankyou." She smiled as the maid exited her room. She glanced at the bowl of soup. *Junhong.* She thought and started to slowly eat and drink it up.

She dropped her soup spoon and massaged her temples again. *This isn't helping at all...* She thought. It took her a couple of minutes before she could continue to finish it all up. But she did so anyway, just for the sake of hope that her headache will disappear.

She slept only when it was 11 that night, having the determination to write her essay.

 

"You look... better." Zelo said as soon as he came to wake her up. "Did the soup help?"

Junri blinked. "Soup...? Oh. Yeah. It did. Thanks." She smally smiled and continued making her bed. "I'll go downstairs once I dress up." She informed.

Zelo nodded and went back to his room to do the same.

Once they did their own things and went downstairs, with Zelo already there, the younger furrowed his eyebrows.

"What happened there?" He asked.

"Where?" Junri blinked and looked down at herself. "Where?" She asked again.

Zelo motioned to the upper of his left eyebrow. "There." He said.

Junri curiously touched the left side of her forehead. She winced. *Blood...?* "I... cut myself, I guess.*

"It's bleeding!" Zelo immediately stood up with his napkin and wiped it on her forehead. "How did this happen? Did that headache explode or something?!"

Junri touched her forehead again that was now covered with a bloody white napkin. "I... I think I hit myself earlier. From my cabinet." She explained. "It's not a big deal. I'm sure it's nothing big." She shrugged and gently pushed his hands away so she could hold the table napkin. "I can handle this."

Zelo shook his head and went to the kitchen to go get the first aid kit. He took the cleaning liquid, gauze, and a Band-Aid with him.

"Go eat breakfast... I can do it myself." Junri said when he started dabbing the liquid on her forehead.

He stayed silent.

"Are you okay?" She worriedly asked.

"You're bleeding to death and you're worrying about my breakfast." He scoffed.

She lightly chuckled. "That's an exaggeration. It's just a small cut!"

He just sighed and put the Band-Aid on for her. "You're lucky it's not deep." He said and stood up. "Are you still hungry? I'm not. Blood in the morning isn't my thing."

Junri shook her head. "No. I'm not. Let's just go to school-"

"You're not going to school with a cut like that." He stopped her mid-sentence.

She just shot him a look.

"Fine." He grumbled. "Let's go." He huffed with crossed arms. She lightly smiled at him when he stopped her again from even going through the front door. He swiftly took her small backpack for her and walked past her.

"You can't do that! It's not even heavy!" She reasoned with a frown behind him.

He just opened the car door for her. "I'm going to be your personal body guard today."

*You do that everyday.* She rolled her eyes but got inside the car anyway.

He closed the door behind him and secretly glanced at her from time to time.

Something seemed... off to him. It was like something wasn't right from the way she was acting.

*This is wrong. I haven't seen her this... upset. She's not sad or anything. But it just feels like she's mad at something.* He thought with his the corners of his lips slightly going down. *Not to mention she forgot her allowance that was on the kitchen counter.* He thought. He patted his left pocket for reassurance that he did take it for her. *I wonder when she'll panic...* He thought. *It doesn't seem like she's noticed yet.* He observed his sisters calm expression. *And what was with that cut? She hit herself so hard she even bled? What is going on with her...?*

"We're here. Have a good morning." The Driver informed with a small curt smile.

"Thankyou." Zelo murmured and opened the door, carrying one bag on his back, and the other hung on his chest. He wordlessly walked behind his older sister. *I'm definitely going to watch you like a hawk today...* He determinedly thought.