Leaving

Remembering Myself

"Where have you been? It's 6 PM. You've been gone since morning."

Lay looked at Meylin who was standing infront of him as soon as he went inside the house. "Nowhere."

"Really? What's that you're holding then?"

"Mey, incase you forgot, this isn't your house." Lay pointed out. "So don't interrogate me because I can go wherever I want. Go home when I want and do whatever I want."

"I was just asking, Yixing." Meylin exhaled.

"You were asking with an impolite tone."

"Is everything I do impolite?!" She shouted. Lay blinked at her, as if he proved his point. "Sorry..." She mumbled.

Lay sighed. "I was out looking for a gift with friends." He answered. "Happy?" He walked past her, but she held onto his arm. "What now, Meylin?" He tiredly asked.

"I... I'm sorry. I really am. I'm trying to change. Really!" She sincerely said. Lay softened. "Just so you can take me ba-"

"No. Meylin." Lay pulled away. "You can't change my mind. You really can't." *Now more than ever.* He slightly smiled at the sweet memories of earlier. He snapped out of it when he noticed Meylin staring at him.

"There's someone else, isn't there?" She whispered.

"You don't understand." Lay sighed. "You're the 'someone else'. Junri was there all along..."

"Junri? Choi Junri?" Meylin scoffed. "Her family was in charge of that ball... What does she have that I don't? I'm the perfect match for you, Yixing! We're both Chinese an-"

"Perfect match? That has nothing to do with loving someone." Lay rolled his eyes. "You think you're perfect and you have everything, Mey, but you're not. No one is. Everyone has flaws and you're no different." He stated. "When will you finally learn that no one will love you if you keep being that way? When will you understand that your behaviour practically chases people away? And you wonder why my friends don't like you? It's because you're always like this!" Lay breathe in and out. He calmed down when tears started cascading down Meylin's cheeks. "I'm sorry. But even my so-called kindness has limits." He said and walked away from her.

For the first time, he didn't feel guilty. He knew he was right. If he kept letting Meylin do whatever she wanted with him, it would hurt Junri. He didn't want that. He didn't even want to think of hurting her again. He had already done so much. And now, when they were in the midst of reconcilliating with one another, he wouldn't want to mess anything up.

He sat at the foot of his bed and checked the inside of his paperbag.

*I didn't know Zelo loved skateboarding...* He thought. He picked the best brand he knew, since he used to love skateboarding as a kid too. Before he went into dancing. But it seems Zelo still did both. *Wow... A hardworking kid that one is...* He chuckled and went over to his table to wrap the box of the brand new skateboard.

 

"M-ma?" Meylin sniffled.

"Mey? You called!" Mrs Feng exclaimed through the phone. "I didn't think you'd call me..." She murmured. "But why are you crying, Meylin?"

"Can I come home? Please?" Meylin sobbed. "I want to go home... I'll be good. Please accept me."

"Oh, Mey... We will always accept you. I'll send the jet over there. What time do you want to go home?"

"Tomorrow." Meylin said. "Thanks, Ma..."

"You're always welcome, Mey. What happened there anyway? Why are you crying?"

"I... I don't think I can force Yixing to marry me." Meylin sadly chuckled. "But it's okay... It was stupid of me to try and force him anyway."

"I'm glad you learned your lesson, Mey." Mrs Feng sincerely said. "Plus, I think the 4 heirs of M4M corporations would gladly marry you. Only one of them, of course."

"Ma!"

"I'm kidding!" Mrs Feng laughed. "I'll see you soon, then, Mey. Have a safe trip. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Meylin said. "I love you."

Mrs Feng warmed up. "I love you too, Mey."

The phone call ended and Meylin fell back on the bed.

*I'll change... but not for Yixing. For myself and the people around me...* She promised herself. *But I will change because of him...*

 

"Hey. Where've you been?" Zelo asked as soon as Junri arrived at home. "And why was Daehyun hyung with Xiumin hyung?"

"Oh. We went on a food hunt." Junri grinned at him.

"Without me?" Zelo pouted.

Junri shook her head. "I don't think you would've liked the food we ate. It was so spicy I was almost crying." *Technically, I'm not lying. We did eat earlier.* She maintained a smile.

"Oh." Zelo blinked. "But... why them? I didn't even know they talked." *Besides, YOU don't like spicy food too.*

"They're both food monsters, if you didn't know." Junri chuckled. "Xiumin kept buying steamed bun everywhere while Daehyun bought three whole cheescakes for himself only. I'm amazed how much food their stomachs can hold..." She grimaced.

"Okay then." Zelo raked his fingers over his hair. "Did you eat already? There are leftovers in the fridge..."

"Already did. Thanks, though." Junri said and went upstairs.

"Welcome..." Zelo murmured, but Junri was already gone. He pouted and heated the food for himself. *My birthday is tomorrow and she goes on a food hunt without me.*

 

Junri closed and locked the door to her room. She fished out her phone and texted Lay, a small smile on her lips.

To: Yixing

Did you rap it yet?

From: Junri

Not even half a minute, her phone buzzed, signaling a reply.

Earlier, they went off in pairs to buy presents. Of course, the present went home to one person. For the leader team, Kris took it home. For LuJae, Youngjae. For Chen and Jongup, Jongup. And for Tao and Himchan, Tao did. No one knew what each other’s presents were, because there formed this petty contest on who's present would Zelo like best.

To: Junri

No. I'm not good in rapping. Kris ge and Tao are though...

From: Yixing

Junri chuckled and shook her head.

To: Yixing

*Wrap, you idiot :P

From: Junri

Lay pouted.

To: Junri

That's not nice. >.< But I already did. I should go remind Kris and Tao to wrap it. Last time those two gave a present, Kris's just had a plain ribbon on it while Tao's was in a plain box.

From: Yixing

To: Yixing

No! Don't! They're our competition 3:D Jk. Go on. I don't think Yongguk or Himchan would appreciate their presents ruined.

From: Junri

To: Junri

Ok then. But... will he be okay with this, Zelo, I mean. Tomorrow's his surprise party, right?

From: Yixing

To: Yixing

I'm sure. He just needs a little push. Everything will be alright.

From: Junri

"Everything will be alright..." Lay read out loud. He smiled. *Maybe...* He had a chance now. So he wasn't going to waste it.

To: Junri

Goodnight then, ri. Sweet dreams :>

From: Yixing

Junri smiled. She sent her last text before going to shower and off to bed.

To: Yixing

Thanks, Yixing. For earlier. Goodnight too and sweet dreams.

From: Junri

*You're always welcome to lean on me, Junri...* Lay thought and put his phone away. *And after causing you so much pain, it's the least I could do...* But worry flooded his mind again, thinking about Zelo. Because even when Junri had accepted him, the tall younger brother would be the biggest obstacle so far. *I can't be negative. I'll do my best.* He determinedly thougt.

"Hey noona? In case you forgot, Mom and Dad said the birthday party this year will be formal. Just reminding you." Zelo said through the bathroom door in her room. "I forgot, actually. So... goodnight, I guess."

As soon as the door closed, Junri came rushing out of the bathroom. She dialed her phone and called Yongguk.

"Yongguk. Conference call the others. We forgot something!" Junri panicked.

"What? Why? What did we forget?" Yongguk asked, but started scrolling down his contacts list anyway.

"The party is formal this year!" Junri hissed. "We can't do the surprise party!"

"... Oh..." Yongguk's voice dipped down. "Then what about the clown and the-"

"Forget it! Forget everything!" Junri whispered. "We have to think of something else for tomorrow!"

Yongguk blinked. "Hmmm. I have an idea. But we need a projector and projector screen" He said. "Can you or the others handle that?"

"I think Chen has one." Junri said. "I can't believe I forgot! I'm such a fail!" She thumped her head. "And our plan was perfect too..." She mumbled.

"Don't worry." Yongguk said. "My idea is good enough." He reassured. "Now, go back to do whatever you were doing and just inform EXO M, especially Chen. I'll take care of the rest."

Junri sighed in relief. "Thanks."

"No problem. Oh, and hey Junri?" "Hmm?" "Did you have a nice date-"

Junri ended the call and threw her phone on the bed.

"Stupid Yongguk." She muttered and went back to the bathroom.

Form Yongguk's room, he was laughing. "That's cute. She's embarrassed." He commented. But his smile fell off when he texted the others. "I just hope Zelo accepts Lay now... Not to mention we'll be in a public party. He mustn't lash out there." He said. But when he remembered earlier when Kris and him saw Junri and Lay walking like a couple on the streets, his smile went back. "But I'm sure he'll see that he can't keep them away from each other..."