A Date

Remembering Myself

"I told you he'd blow it off 'till last minute." Luhan held out his hand to recieve his 50 000 won. Chen reluctantly handed him the cash. "Pleasure doing business with you, Mister Jongdae." He grinned and waved the money in front of his face before pocketing it.

"I don't understand. He looked like he was really confident on Monday. And he looked like he had a plan too." Chen muttered, clearly disappointed of the outcome.

Luhan nodded in agreement. "I thought so too, that he had a plan. But I don't know... he can't even seem to talk to Junri." He nodded at Lay who was busy on his phone walking towards their table. "The guy isn't even looking at her."

"He better not mess things up again." Chen rolled his eyes.

Kris just then arrived. "What's up."

"Lay." They both answered, making Kris raise an eyebrow.

"Look at him." Chen gestured to Lay. The latter was talking to someone from his class, it seems. "I don't think he's been acknowledging Junri again. Is he doing the douchebag approach?"

"... I don't even know what that is." Luhan made a confused face.

"You know? When the guy deliberately ignores the girl and then the girl would be the one to approach?" Chen said.

"Junri's not petty like that." Kris shook his head. "I'm sure Lay has a plan."

Luhan and Chen just shrugged.

 

"I don't know. We're not in a relationship for me to be concerned." Junri casually answered.

They all raised an eyebrow at her.

"You're just using that as an excuse." Himchan accused.

"What?" Junri innocently blinked. "I don't really know, okay? Besides, I was right." She grinned.

"Aren't you concerned AT ALL?" Zelo asked.

Junri raised an eyebrow. "Well, yes. But I'm only a friend. So I shouldn't make a fuss about it, right?"

"I bet he's talking to Meylin." Daehyun said.

Junri and Zelo both looked at him.

"How would you know that?" Zelo carefully asked.

Daehyun shrugged, "Because I heard him earlier say 'Mey'."

"That could be anyone." Junri shook her head. "Besides, Meylin said she flew back to China."

"She can always fly back here." Youngjae simply said. "Not that I want her to, or something." He said when Junri shot him a look. "But I didn't mean it that way!" He added again when Zelo shot him the same look.

Yongguk smiled. He knew what Lay was doing, since he was asked for his help. "I'm sure it's fine. Don't overthink it."

"Whatever." Junri and Zelo simultaneiously shrugged.

 

"Why am I here again?"

"Mey." Lay sighed through the phone. "I'm asking for a favor. Please? I heard you're close to Junhong."

Meylin scoffed. "I get it. You're going to use me to distract him, aren't you?"

"No. Not really." Lay blinked. "I just want you to try and go on a date with him."

"That's exactly what I meant!"

Lay chuckled. "Come on. You like him, right?"

"... No."

"Then stay there 'till I get home."

"But-"

"Mey! Please? It will help me get Junri back..."

"Yixing, you would get her back even if you just plainly asked for a stupid date. You didn't have to go this far."

"I want to make an impression." Lay reasoned. "One that shows I NEED her back."

"But I'm busy! I was planning on going to Brunei to talk with the oil companies there!" Meylin whined.

"I can always arrange that for you." Lay waved it away. "Please? Just stay put. I'm going to ask her out now." He whispered.

"Fine. Whatever." Meylin grumbled.

"Thankyou." Lay heaved a sigh of relief. "Wish me luck." He said and ended the call.

"So that's your plan."

Lay jumped at the voice and turned around. "L-luhan? You scared me." He exhaled. "Classes are over. I thought you left."

"I thought you did too." Luhan said. "Hmmm... This still counts as 'blowing it off 'till last minute', right?" He mumbled to himself.

"What was that?" Lay asked, not hearing him.

Luhan shook his head. "Nothing." He waved it away. "So you're only going to ask her now? Didn't you bother to even know that maybe she has plans tomorrow?"

Lay grimaced.

"You mean you really didn't?!" Luhan slapped himself.

"I didn't think of that." Lay admitted. "But I'm sure she's free." He assured. "She's aware I'm planning something, so she'll be considerate enough to clear her plans." *Right?*

"Well... if you think of it that way." Luhan said. "There she is now." He nodded at the figure walking with Yongguk towards their direction. "Go on and ask her." Lay looked at him. "What? I want to watch." Luhan defended.

Lay shook his head, but marched up to Junri.

*Yongguk is there... Is he planning on asking her while they're together?* Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. They were a little far from him, but the hallways were empty. So he could hear them perfectly well.

"I don't understand why you made me stay here this long just to look for a book you didn't even really need." Junri grumbled. "Seriously, Yongguk? A book about fish?!"

Yongguk laughed. "You never know when I need to know what fish I see." He defended.

Junri shook her head and rolled her eyes. "I hate you."

"That's okay. I need to go to the bathroom. Wait for me here." He said and went inside the males comfort room.

"Seriously, Yongguk?!" Junri half-yelled and slumped on the wall, her hair covering her face.

*Very well thought, Lay...* Luhan observed.

"Hey." Lay crouched a little and waved at her, making sure she could see him from her messy hair.

Junri blinked and raked her hair back. "Hi. What are you doing here? Class ended an hour ago."

"I was waiting for you." Lay smiled at her, making her furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"You ignored me for the past week." She pointed out.

He shook his head. "I talked to you." He defended. "I even gave you my only pen." He grinned.

"But then you borrowed one from Byungjoo instead." She chuckled. "Why?" She asked. "Why were you waiting? You want your pen back?"

Lay shook his head. "I... I-I..."

*There you go. That is what would've happened if he asked her before-hand. He would stutter.* Luhan shook his head. *And worst case scenario, he chickens out.*

Junri raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to say whatever he wanted to.

"I mean," He cleared his throat and looked away. "Can you... Or... will you..."

Junri furrowed her eyebrows. "Can I what?"

"You know..." He scratched the back of his ear. "Go... on... tomorrow? Me? I mean, with me?" He cleared his throat again, "Goonadatewithme?"

"What?" Her eyebrows furrowed even more. "I can't really hear you, Yixing." She said.

He sighed. "Can you please go on a date with me tomorrow, Junri?" He was holding her right hand with both his hands, but he was looking down.

"You look like your proposing." Junri chuckled, making Lay immediately drop her hand and redden.

"Is that a no, then?" Lay wasn't looking her way, so he wasn't able to see her grinning from ear to ear.

"I don't know, Lay. Is that a no?" She teased.

"What? How should I know...?" He mumbled. "Please, Junri? Go on a date with me? Just give me another chance. I swear I won't let you down this time..."

Junri softened. Truthfully, she really didn't know what to answer. A part of her- a HUGE part- wanted to say yes right away, but she still had her fears. Being replaced by someone else did cause her a little trauma and going again with the guy who caused that? She wasn't sure...

"I know I made a really big mistake." Lay sighed and looked right into her eyes, making them widen. "And I really really REALLY regret it. Believe me. I can't even sleep sometimes thinking of you." He admitted, making Junri pink a little. "But I'm not doing this for the sake of guilt, I'm doing this because I need you, Junri. I'll do anything! Just treat this as our first date, please, Junri ssi?"

Junri chuckled a little at that one. "Sure, Yixing."

"Ah-ah-ah." Lay wagged a finger. "This is our first time meeting. So I shall be called Lay ssi."

"Don't push it."

"Okay." Lay squeaked, making Junri laugh. And him smile. "So you will go?"

"What time and where?" Junri asked.

"Meet me at the park downtown at exactly 10 AM." Lay said. "I'll have to go now, Junri ssi. I have things to attend to. Don't worry about your brother." He said as he ran off.

"Bye..." Junri waved as she watched his retreating back.

"Did it go well?" Yongguk appeared out of the comfort room and walked beside Junri.

She nodded. "He planned this, didn't he? He could have just asked!"

"Well if he normally did, the chances of you not going will be greater." Yongguk shrugged. "You almost chickened out earlier, I could tell."

She sighed. "I can't help it. Because I remember now, everything is so new like it just happened yesterday-Wait. You were listening, weren't you?!" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Well I had nothing to do in the bathroom!" He reasoned with a laugh. "I am so going to tease you for this."

Junri groaned.

 

"That went... rather well." Luhan blinked at Lay as they walked to the parking lot of the school where their rides were probably were. "I didn't know you had that in you."

"Was that an insult?" Lay chuckled. "I honestly thought she wouldn't agree though... She almost said no." He heaved a sigh of relief.

"Give her time to trust you again." Luhan reassured. "I'm sure she will again. One day."

"I hope so." Lay nodded. "You're a good friend, you know that?"

*I made a bet about you and Junri with Chen. I'm not THAT good of a friend.* "Yeah, whatever." Luhan grumbled, keeping his thoughts to himself. But really, he still felt a little hurt about what was happening between Lay and Junri. Because after multiple amnesia experiences, the one thing Junri would always remember was Lay.

"But when she forgot herself, you noticed that she couldn't remember a few things about you, right?" Lay suddenly said.

Luhan blinked. "No. Why? She did?" *Great. She even forgot some of me.* He frowned.

"Because you're a part of her." Lay said.

Luhan smirked. "That must mean she forgot a lot about you, then."

"Yup. Pretty much." Lay shrugged. He stopped when Luhan was close enough to his car. "Thanks, Lu-ge. You don't know how this all means to me..." He sincerely said.

Luhan sighed. *I better not regret, then.* "Just do better next time, Yixing." He closed the passenger door behind him, seeing Lay wave from the tinted mirror. "Hey Mr Yi?"

"Yes, Luhan?" The driver glanced at him through the mirror as he eased the car out of the parking lot. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes." Luhan whispered. "Do you think that guy back there, Zhang Yixing, is a good person?"

Mr Yi smiled. "If he is a friend of yours, Luhan, I am sure he is."

*I guess so...* Luhan thought. He grinned at Mr Yi through the mirror. "Thanks, Mr Yi. I just needed an excuse like that to keep my self-esteem and pride up."

Mr Yi chuckled. "It is my job, Luhan."